Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 24-01-2011, 03:42 AM
EternallyHurt

I Dont Understand Why I Feel Like This ...?

Hello everybody . Today, I was looking at pictures of this person who died about a couple of years ago, whom I loved alot ... and for some odd reason, as I was doing this, I felt something inside of my soul ... it was strong . It felt like an "inner knowing" of something ... but I cant quite put my finger on what .. this person has a look in their eyes that reminds me alot of myself in a non physical way that I can not even begin to explain ... my sister has also noticed this ... this didnt just happen to me today, it has happened before and I dont understand why this could be happening to me ..? Sometimes I think that Im just going insane ... but even if thats true, I still feel this way and I have no idea why .. can anybody give me any kind of insight as to why I might be feeling like this ? I would also like to add that, after I look at this person, sometimes I will start to feel drowsy as in a meditating type of drowsy... not your regular "sleepy" ... also, I had a spiritual encounter with a spirit that claimed to be this person whom I speak of ... Can anybody give me any insight as to what could be going on ???! Any respectful replies are very well appreciated
Old 24-01-2011, 03:53 AM
EternallyHurt

I would also like to say that this person whom I speak about did NOT know me while they were alive ... which makes me feel even more like a nut LOL ... : /
Old 24-01-2011, 05:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Sometimes I think that Im just going insane ... but even if thats true, I still feel this way and I have no idea why .. can anybody give me any kind of insight as to why I might be feeling like this ? I would also like to add that, after I look at this person, sometimes I will start to feel drowsy as in a meditating type of drowsy... not your regular "sleepy" ... also, I had a spiritual encounter with a spirit that claimed to be this person whom I speak of ... Can anybody give me any insight as to what could be going on ???! Any respectful replies are very well appreciated

I smile at the fact of you saying any RESPECTFUL replies are welcomed. Nice touch. It's just that you are super sensitive, which means you are in touch with the world of invisible entities. I believe myself to be, too. This means so many different things and experiences from person to person. I don't doubt your story one bit. It's OK to not have explanations for your feelings or experiences. That's the trouble with being 'spiritual' or psychic and so on, lots of people expect proof and it's painful when people doubt. IT's OK not to have all the answers. Just go with your gut feelings. It's even OK to feel a doubting naggy feeling, but just know your own mind, don't stop believing your own strong feelings / experiences like these. I wish I could offer more insight.

Old 24-01-2011, 05:43 AM
EternallyHurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
I smile at the fact of you saying any RESPECTFUL replies are welcomed. Nice touch. It's just that you are super sensitive, which means you are in touch with the world of invisible entities. I believe myself to be, too. This means so many different things and experiences from person to person. I don't doubt your story one bit. It's OK to not have explanations for your feelings or experiences. That's the trouble with being 'spiritual' or psychic and so on, lots of people expect proof and it's painful when people doubt. IT's OK not to have all the answers. Just go with your gut feelings. It's even OK to feel a doubting naggy feeling, but just know your own mind, don't stop believing your own strong feelings / experiences like these. I wish I could offer more insight.

LOL, thank you so much for your reply
I almost always make sure to say " any RESPECTFUL replies are welcomed", because I dont want to have to go to my thread just to see a disrespectful reply awaiting me. Thats a bummer and a waste of time. Plus, some people think its okay to just go to peoples' threads and be disrespectful ... and its really not. Disrespect isnt tolerated with me.
Anyway, sorry to get off topic lol.
Thank you for not doubting me .. I often doubt myself and the experiences I go through .. I dont try to doubt, it just feels like its a part of me, unfortunately ...
Youre soo right ... thats a BIG problem for me in the spiritual department ... Im always needing "proof" that what Im experiencing is real and it makes things extremely difficult for me. I know you said to trust my feelings, but feelings so often deceive us ...
I do believe that I might be sensitive to invisible entities and things ... especially given what Ive already gone through some time ago ...
I just wish I had all the answers, which is something that I know I need to get over, but still, its tough.
Its okay that you didnt have that much insight ... what you said was very true and respectful, so thank you again
Old 24-01-2011, 07:31 AM
Ciqala

It sounds like you are picking up on a spiritual connection, if you are curious, perhaps there is more for you to look into, maybe it is just the feeling about the look in their eyes reminding you of something in yourself that should be more explored, but even that could hold something for you to know within yourself, or perhaps this person’s spirit is reaching out to you, or vice versa. You aren’t going insane. It seems like you have natural talent in accessing the spiritual, “psychic talents” which one can do, by holding pictures or even objects of the person in question. I often feel that meditation type drowsiness when I look at important things as well; it’s just yourself accessing a higher frequency, and in those times, the spirit in question can be welcome to visit us. I’d say, if this isn’t bothering you, you could try and dig deeper and see what comes up for you. From what I hear about everything going on, I’d bet that spirit you met, probably was that person. But it sounds like you have strong intuition, and are very sensitive to these things, so it may come easier for you to be able to judge what is going on, with your intuition.
When the feelings come to you, and you feel that something in your soul, try and focus on it more, develop the intuition, and soon you will be able to clarify better. High chances are, is that this person is reaching out to you, and the feelings you receive could turn into communication.
As for the person not knowing you when they were alive, you say you loved them a lot, and that creates ties in itself, and as far as spirit goes, on the other side, they do know you. I don't know much about this person, but from what you tell me, it sounds like you have a bond to them, whether or not you understand it, and that is definite. I bet they know you now, it seems like the ties are from both ends.
Sounds like quite an amazing event.
Old 24-01-2011, 07:50 AM
Ascender

You might have had a bond with this entity before you incarnated on earth. I'm guessing it's the same as when you meet someone in the physical and you think you know them, or you seem to get on well with them.
Old 24-01-2011, 08:32 AM
EternallyHurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciqala
It sounds like you are picking up on a spiritual connection, if you are curious, perhaps there is more for you to look into, maybe it is just the feeling about the look in their eyes reminding you of something in yourself that should be more explored, but even that could hold something for you to know within yourself, or perhaps this person’s spirit is reaching out to you, or vice versa. You aren’t going insane. It seems like you have natural talent in accessing the spiritual, “psychic talents” which one can do, by holding pictures or even objects of the person in question. I often feel that meditation type drowsiness when I look at important things as well; it’s just yourself accessing a higher frequency, and in those times, the spirit in question can be welcome to visit us. I’d say, if this isn’t bothering you, you could try and dig deeper and see what comes up for you. From what I hear about everything going on, I’d bet that spirit you met, probably was that person. But it sounds like you have strong intuition, and are very sensitive to these things, so it may come easier for you to be able to judge what is going on, with your intuition.
When the feelings come to you, and you feel that something in your soul, try and focus on it more, develop the intuition, and soon you will be able to clarify better. High chances are, is that this person is reaching out to you, and the feelings you receive could turn into communication.
As for the person not knowing you when they were alive, you say you loved them a lot, and that creates ties in itself, and as far as spirit goes, on the other side, they do know you. I don't know much about this person, but from what you tell me, it sounds like you have a bond to them, whether or not you understand it, and that is definite. I bet they know you now, it seems like the ties are from both ends.
Sounds like quite an amazing event.

Thank you so much for your reply
I want to make it known to you that when I look into this persons eyes, I see me in a way that doesnt seem like its trying to "teach" me something about myself or anything like that . When I look into this persons eyes in pictures and things, I just simply see myself in a way that isnt physical and its usually not my physical self that picks up on this. I usually feel something inside of my soul that seems to resonate with whatever I recognize inside of the other persons eyes. Its almost as if my soul is recognizing something inside of the other person that my physical self doesnt quite recognize. Also, I would like to add that when I look at this person, I always seem to get the notion that the person is looking at me in a way as if to say "you know me" or "you know who I am ...". I know this might sound a bit odd because they are just pictures but ... the eyes are the windows to the soul. I kind of do believe that saying.
Thank you for not thinking Im going insane LOL . I often think this way because of certain things Ive been through ...
Also, Ive never experienced anything like this before until this person ...
As far as looking deeper into this goes, Ive already had my share in that department ... there was a spirit who visited me for a while ( now, its gone .. ) and the spirit claimed to be the person whom I speak of in this thread ... I got a chance to "see" this spirit once and it looked like me !! It looked like me in such a form that was NOT physical at all ... its very difficult to explain ...
After a while though, I blocked off the spirit from visiting me, due to confusion and other things ... ( I would go deeper into my experience, but I dont want to end up writing a novel like I already am LOL )

I think I might have a strong intuition, but my problem is TRUST. I have a HUGE problem in trusting myself and other people .
Im just terrified of being deceived ..
Today when my soul had that feeling of recognizing something in the other person, it had me pondering it for a moment .. I was like "whats going on? Why do I feel like this? What does it mean? Am I just crazy?" All kinds of things were running through my mind ...

Thank you for saying you think my experience was amazing
Honestly, I think I would agree with you if I werent so confused ...
Old 24-01-2011, 08:39 AM
EternallyHurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rom2014
You might have had a bond with this entity before you incarnated on earth. I'm guessing it's the same as when you meet someone in the physical and you think you know them, or you seem to get on well with them.

Thank you for answering me
Yes, others have told me that maybe there is a bond between me and this person .. but I really dont know ..
Funny thing is, I had a dream that one of my sisters told me that I was "bonded" to this person, and that she could tell by our EYES ..
.. But I guess dreams are going to be dreams though ..
A spirit used to visit me some time ago ... and it actually claimed to be this person whom I speak about in this thread. The spirit told me that it knew me before we were incarnated amongst other things ...
... But I dont know what to make of it. I dont know what to make of anything that happened to me concerning my spiritual encounter, which is why I am here.
Sorry for rambling lol. Thank you again for your reply
Old 24-01-2011, 09:30 AM
Ciqala

Well it sounds like you are connecting to the person. Do you feel as if, they are you, or they are a part of you? Sometimes, with different soul mates and such, we can feel a strong feeling that we "are" them, because we are so similar to them. I remember i went through a long period of my life, thinking one of my spirit guides had so much in common with me, i thought i was insane, thinking maybe he was me or my imagination, but turns out we just have a LOT in common, and go way back, to ancient days.
You have to figure out what the “bond” is, and I think you will find that from looking within, listening to the feelings, or even the person. It’s hard for me to tell, because I don’t know who this person is to you, if they are related or what.
Another note: dreams are usually significant, not just fiction.
I entirely do believe the saying “the eyes are windows to the soul” I can look into any ones eyes and know everything about them, read them, and that’s usually how I heal people, I don’t tend to make eye contact because of such. You can get a lot of information from the eyes, even in photographs.

Yeah, it’s hard to learn to trust intuition, but the first step is getting over the fear, then letting go and opening up to trust. Like, what do you feel is going on? And what is the first thought, and feeling that comes to mind?
Even if you don't quite want to believe in your intuition for reasons, you can still play around with it, and have fun with it. Just practice it. Ask yourself questions, empty your mind, and write down the first thought and feeling, reaction you get. You don't have to agree with it in the end, but you never know, you may come up with a brainstorm of interesting ideas that way.

I'm not sure if you're open to speaking with the spirit again, seeing as you blocked it off, but that could resolve a lot of things. If the spirit told you it knew you before you were incarnated, it's probably true. The only time you should question a spirit, is if you get bad vibes from them.
What are the reasons you did not believe the spirit?
yeah i've had my share of confusing experiences posted on here, it's always great when people help by putting their two cents in! :) Lol but in the end, i usually found out my answers by myself. It's great to get the ideas going, get you thinking, analyzing and sorting out all the confusion. Hopefully you figure out things soon enough.
Old 24-01-2011, 10:14 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternallyHurt
Hello everybody . Today, I was looking at pictures of this person who died about a couple of years ago, whom I loved alot ... and for some odd reason, as I was doing this, I felt something inside of my soul ... it was strong . It felt like an "inner knowing" of something ... but I cant quite put my finger on what .. this person has a look in their eyes that reminds me alot of myself in a non physical way that I can not even begin to explain ... my sister has also noticed this ... this didnt just happen to me today, it has happened before and I dont understand why this could be happening to me ..? Sometimes I think that Im just going insane ... but even if thats true, I still feel this way and I have no idea why .. can anybody give me any kind of insight as to why I might be feeling like this ? I would also like to add that, after I look at this person, sometimes I will start to feel drowsy as in a meditating type of drowsy... not your regular "sleepy" ... also, I had a spiritual encounter with a spirit that claimed to be this person whom I speak of ... Can anybody give me any insight as to what could be going on ???! Any respectful replies are very well appreciated

Well, being respectful, you are going insane. See a shrink as soon as possible :-) Seriously though........

I'd go along with Cigala and the connections here. Love is a pretty strong bond - there's none better. A possibility is that you knew this person 'in Spirit' or they are one of your Soul Group, which would account for the connection and the Love. Most people believe in the Soul but see it separate from the body - it's not really. The Soul vibrates at a different frequency to the body but it's not separate. If we are of The Light, Light vibrates at all frequencies. What you then get is the perception of the rainbow, so one colour would be the physical body and another colour would be the Soul. If you look at a rainbow there's no solid cut-off between one colour and the next, there's a blending in between. Perhaps this is where your experience comes from, from being in the blended bit in between physical and Soul. There, your senses go beyond the physical five and in that moment of being somewhere between Soul and physical you could connect.

As for the rest of it, Cigala has already said pretty much everything I would have done.