Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 17-01-2011, 05:34 PM
Suspended
Guide

not being able to trust spiritual people online

So far, spiritual people I have met online elsewhere have shown to be people I can't trust. People who lash out and talk behind your back without cause. I haven't had this problem with people not into spirituality. Ironic, isn't it? I can't say all spiritual people aren't to be trusted on the Internet, but I have really had bad luck with the people I met. It makes me want to break away from spirituality.
Old 17-01-2011, 05:48 PM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkle
So far, spiritual people I have met online elsewhere have shown to be people I can't trust. People who lash out and talk behind your back without cause. I haven't had this problem with people not into spirituality. Ironic, isn't it? I can't say all spiritual people aren't to be trusted on the Internet, but I have really had bad luck with the people I met. It makes me want to break away from spirituality.

twinkle, I guess that you would have to go on a personal basis. There will be those that you can trust and you can generally feel that if you check out their past postings. And those that don't make you feel that they are someone who you could share with, don't. And yes, you are right, that it is ironic that the ones who are spiritual you can't trust.
That would not be a reason to break away from your quest for spitiuality. You don't throw the baby out with the bath water. Maybe you jump in too quickly about personal things in your life. Or maybe you would do better finding a different source for sharing of your spiritual journey. If you stay here, I hope that you will use your inner wisdom when it comes to sharing.
Old 17-01-2011, 05:48 PM
Enya

I'd suggest that a better way is to break away from your perceptions about spiritual and 'spiritual people'. What are spiritual people - do they call themselves that, do you? Do you assume they are, do you hold them to a standard they cannot or will not reach? Why do you judge them so?

It's never easy to realise that people you expect to be 'better' turn out to have feet of clay and all sorts of human conditions. One thing I've recognised lately is that if such people are in your life, it's because you invited them in, to mirror your own issues around this.
As an example - I got angry and judgemental recently about some friends who profess to be spiritual and then don't respect others in their words or thoughts. After a bit of wrestling with it, I found that I was doing exactly the same as them! Also, by doing so, I reflected my own lack of respect for my self. So, I mentally thanked them for the valuable lesson and put it in my basket of things to take note of.

Food for thought?
Old 17-01-2011, 07:58 PM
Suspended
Guide

I have been hestitant to share online. I learned not to share anything about my personal life online again because I can't trust others to keep it private like I their information private.
Old 17-01-2011, 08:04 PM
Enya

Fair enough. I don't share much private stuff online either. No one's saying you have to. Being spiritual doesn't mean you share your innermost self... even if some people think it's part of the 'we're all in this together' therapy mind-set. (I wasn't, btw, looking for direct answers to those questions I wrote... just suggesting some angles for you to think about.)
Old 17-01-2011, 08:06 PM
mac

Quote:
I have been hestitant to share online. I learned not to share anything about my personal life online again because I can't trust others to keep it private like I their information private.

It's wise not to put into the public domain anything you wouldn't be comfortable for those unknown to you to know about you. Having said that there is much that can be said and discussed without it relating to yourself specifically - get what I'm saying?

Forums are a mixed blessing inasmuch as you can air your concerns and maybe find someone with relevant experience which may help you on your way. But you may get responses you're not really prepared for - happens to me constantly!!

Speaking about "spiritual people" says nothing about them as individuals - who says they're 'spiritual' anyway? Whatever 'spiritual' means.....

Take heart. SF isn't a bad place to be - I've been in really bad places where I'm hesitant to return but here is as safe as most and far more thought-provoking than many.
Old 17-01-2011, 08:33 PM
Sira

Yes, I've had my share of experiences at spiritual forums and keep my antennae up nowadays. What I call sheer cheating is people who claim to be of Love and Light and turn out to be energy vampires - even worse: working as group. I still try to be as transparent and authentic as I possibly can because I know it truly helps those whose path is close to mine. We validate each other's experiences.
Old 17-01-2011, 09:32 PM
Master
Quote:

Are you talking about "spiritual people" who do readings? Or are you simply talking about all manners of "spiritual people"? Not all "spiritual" individuals are in this for the same purpose. Unfortunately, there are those who are in the spiritual "business" for reasons other than helping others. But you know this already.

And even then, the "spiritual people" you speak of could simply be those who have just begun their journeys. They're still working on their issues, you know?

But all the same, it could be just as Enya said. They could be reflections of yourself. "As within, so without."

Old 17-01-2011, 10:20 PM
Sira

Hmmm. Reminds me when I came to this forum... a month ago? I was excited and replied to many people in many threads, entering into vortexes of opinions. Then I started receiving personal messages. They were all saying that this person follows this tactic, another person this, and carefully choose where you want to place your energy not to get lost in the debate. I took heed and started to energetically scan posted messages. Thanks to these wonderful persons' advice, I feel fine here, because I'm now better aware of the energies going on. The point is, people care. After just one month here, I have friends at this forum and I truly appreciate them.
Old 17-01-2011, 10:35 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:

I think this about separating your need for spirituality from the people you're having problems with. What do you stand for? What do you want/feel by leading a spiritual life? It hurts when people go behind your back yes, but if you really want to lead a spiritual life, that is what counts, not the people you meet. There will be dishonest and difficult people in every walk of life. I think there comes a time to rise above it and stand true to what you want your life to mean regardless of who you meet.