Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 11-11-2015, 12:14 AM
Newbie ;)

need some info

Long story short a couple years ago I moved into a house, in the basement there was the
What I believe to be the 5 elements. Excuse me because I am very igorant on this subject
Anyway, I seen earth,wind,water and some others. I don't remember real well. Now I also noticed a random rope hanging from basement ceiling.

Now the floor above the basement had a ceiling fan pretty much above where the rope is in the basement, now I am a skeptic. Always found logical reasons, But the ceiling fan string would move, on its own. Every night around 8 or 9pm. I messed with that string Trying to find a logical explanation.

There was none, I also notice a couple other things moving on there own like tow straps. Now pardon my ignorance but does have anything to do with pegans?wiccans?
What's the purpose of those elements painted on the floor, and the rope? Whats the purpose?
Contact the dead? Energy manipulation? As I said I'm clueless on this subject. Any idea what was going on?
I've moved out since then.

Thank you very much for any information.

Sorry for the weird format, doing this on my phone.
Old 15-11-2015, 11:44 AM
Seeker
Describe what you mean by five elements. Was there a symbol painted or engraved on the floor? And that was beneath things that moved inexplicably?
I sympathize, or empathize rather, with your skeptic nature because I am the same way... However, I have experienced things that defy our current acceptable scientific understanding of nature and when "skeptical" explainations start sounding sillier than the weird truth its almost worse than simply being delusional at the start.
What you are describing could be any number of things with metaphysical meaning anywhere from simple and natural to complex and personal.
The best thing I can advise you to do with so little knowledge of the situation is to simply reach out. Sit quietly, focus on the air, dirt, plants, whatever around you and invite them to communicate with you. In my experience natural things (mostly trees in my experience) have no trouble with silent psychic communication. In addition to this maybe educate yourself on some things. Honestly, the best metaphysical info and ideas ive ever gotten came from reading science. Or watching science if need be. When I truly comprehended the meaning of E=mc2 that was the key and catalyst that drove my understanding of all things spiritual. Also astronomy, chemistry, theoretical physics. The first time I was introduced to theoretical physics was when I was twelve and watched a Nova miniseries. I think it was The Elegant Universe and I think its still on the Nova website amongst the free vids. Around page seven. Its been a while since I visited it since I, uh, watched them all. Im a total geek if u cant tell but Ive always found this stuff far more enlightening than new age books and since u said u were a skeptic I thought maybe u would too :)
Old 16-11-2015, 03:15 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fregoli
The best thing I can advise you to do with so little knowledge of the situation is to simply reach out. Sit quietly, focus on the air, dirt, plants, whatever around you and invite them to communicate with you...

I personally think this is a terrible idea. I would never go into someone's old sacred place and open up a line of communication. Not if I had no clue what kind of work the previous occupant was into and/or what deities they were in contact with. A safer option would be to take some photos on your phone and image search them on google and see if any red flags come up. Also clean up the area a bit. Sweep and air it out. Burn some sage. Make it your own sacred place :)
Old 16-11-2015, 07:11 AM
Seeker
Idk ive been experiencing what most ppl call supernatural my whole life and I still laugh at horror movies. Of course be cautious. Of course be polite. Of course know your intentions and dont make desecration one of them. But we live on a finite planet and there are currently 8 billion human inhabitants. There is virtually nowhere you can ever be certain wasnt, at one time, sacred to someone (with or without sage).
Old 16-11-2015, 11:42 AM
Master
Is this what you see ?

http://s282.photobucket.com/user/norseman_photo/media/18e27ea0.jpg.html

If so, it is an invocation to the 5 "corners", An Earth-centered ritual.
Old 23-11-2015, 05:09 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Is this what you see ?

If so, it is an invocation to the 5 "corners", An Earth-centered ritual.

I am almost certain that is it!

I have been off for a while, I didnt think anyone would respond. Ive moved out of the house. But when those things did happen it scared me so bad that i would talk aloud and tell whoever and whatever was there i mean no harm. I'm sure i sound a little crazy, But if you guys knew me you wouldnt think so. I am so rational and scientific that i tried every rational excuse for that fan string to move, I came to the conclusion its more than me. I messed with the string so much, Everyone did. That is no coincidence that those elements or whatever they were was painted on the basement floor and things happening in the house. Everyone in the house experienced these things. Sometimes together, and yes they were painted on.

That is a Earth centered ritual? What is the purpose of one these? Do they often involve a rope?
Old 23-11-2015, 09:29 PM
Master

That is a picture of a pentagram. It is usually a protective sign for pagans, Wiccans and some Witches and does not, itself, produce any negative energies or events.

If it was large enough for people to be within its boundaries then some kind of ritual may have been performed within it, which might have included what's Calling the Quarters (calling the elements and the elementals).If the people doing the ritual were not knowledgeable enough or precise enough they maybe could have not closed the ritual down correctly/properly and left an elemental around which can sometimes cause disruption or a bit of chaos in some circumstances.
Old 24-11-2015, 09:09 AM
Master
Mcnutters, the ritual as described is one that I perform on a regular basis. It is an invocation of the Four Lords of the Powers of the Elements with an invocation of spirit - Mother Earth in my case. I should stress that it is a benign ritual. As Jenny says it must also be closed off at completion.

I last performed it at Samhain on a cliff top looking out over the North Sea towards the rising sun. In that instance having called the Powers, the focus of my invocation was the Ancestors. [ The North Sea is drowned ancestral land and I was calling over 7000 years. I hope they sensed me as their genes are in my blood. ]
Old 25-11-2015, 04:38 AM
Master

One of these days Norseman, I'd love to go back home and meet you. How splendid that must have been on Samhain - would love to have been there on that cliff with you

Jenny
Old 25-11-2015, 08:59 AM
Master
Here you are, Jenny. Use you imagination. Three of the elements - rock, water [sea] and sky [air]. I supplied my own fire [ The Cunning Fire ]

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk267/norseman_photo/Marsden/CNorseman20130061_zps19d572c6.jpg

And one more for luck !
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk267/norseman_photo/Marsden/DSCF0312_zpsa36711f6.jpg