Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 29-10-2015, 06:33 PM
Knower
My first spread – 3 cards

I don’t have my own deck yet – so I used an online system to draw cards. I am very new at this. This is my very first spread. I drew: The Emperor, The World, The Lovers (yes, 3 major) ...these cards signify more spiritual life then physical life?

My question before drawing was ‘what do I need to know right now about closing my salon and proceeding in a new direction’

So now I will add to this, that I have been a hairdresser for 34 years and am having ‘repetitive motion injury’ issues creeping up on me which makes me think it’s time to ‘retire’ from the salon – I have become very wrapped up in Reiki in recent months and plan to continue in depth with this. Also – my husband and I have plans to sell our home, downsize & simplify so we can do more of what we love and perhaps some travel. My husband and I separated for 7 months last year and was good time for us for growth and appreciation of each other. We both feel our relationship is stronger and better than ever now. But I had financial concerns when we separated and I have those fears in the back of my mind as I consider closing my salon and perhaps moving forward with Reiki ...I need those fears laid to rest. Our lifestyle will be changing somewhat but we are excited about the changes.

Since I don’t have a deck yet – I cannot hold the cards in my hands and study the details close up ...I am reading the written the ‘meanings’ of these 3 cards. Of course I know they are very open to other interpretations and each card may have a reflection of the cards before or after it ...I know this is not an exact science. My husband is very commanding – very inspiring ...by the same token, the salon has been my mainstay, my rock ( the Emperor??) ...the World card – things are changing, I am growing rapidly in a spiritual sense and our new life style might include some travel ...The Lovers – our relationship is very solid, our life is entering a new stage of harmony unlike never before and I am finding so many things I love.

So I can see how I could apply these cards generally with what little knowledge I have – but drawing 3 major cards right off kinda threw me. Any input? Thanks so much.
Old 29-10-2015, 09:58 PM
55Degrees

It could depend on the site you used, some use a Majors only deck, so it maybe worth checking on the site just to clarify. Although given the nature of your query, it could be that the Majors were the cards needed in relation to the question.

If you think of the Minors (the suits) as addressing the everyday issues and the external world, then the Majors cover the bigger issues and your inner world.
Or, the suits being earth, air, fire and water, then the Majors cover the fifth element of 'spirit'.

I'm using Waite Smith as my touchstone here;
The Emperor is about authority and power, your own! He is about being in control of your own destiny.
The World is the ultimate freedom of restriction, the conclusion of the journey and spiritual enlightenment.
Put these two cards together and it suggests success by setting your own rules.

The Lovers, two halves of the whole, the yin and yang, a relationship that grows spiritually.

Cople this with The World it suggests that you plans will not only bring you fulfilment but the relationship with your husband will continue to grow becoming spiritual partners, attaining a true soul mates where you continue to learn and teach each other.

It's a positive and powerful message.
Old 29-10-2015, 10:45 PM
Nettles

If you want insight from cards and are saving for a "proper" deck you could just use a regular deck of playing cards in the meantime.
Old 29-10-2015, 11:06 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettles
If you want insight from cards and are saving for a "proper" deck you could just use a regular deck of playing cards in the meantime.
Thanks Nettles ...it's more about beginning somewhere; practicing ...since I have major life changes on the horizon I figured my question was a likely one and not so much that I need insight (although my mind would rest easier from the financial aspect if I ever find myself needing to be completely self-sufficient again) ... I would not know what to do with a deck of playing cards since I am a complete newbie to the Tarot...but I imagine there are guides out there ...I may try in the interim as I wait for my deck to arrive! TY!
Old 29-10-2015, 11:11 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces_Moon
It could depend on the site you used, some use a Majors only deck, so it maybe worth checking on the site just to clarify. Although given the nature of your query, it could be that the Majors were the cards needed in relation to the question.

If you think of the Minors (the suits) as addressing the everyday issues and the external world, then the Majors cover the bigger issues and your inner world.
Or, the suits being earth, air, fire and water, then the Majors cover the fifth element of 'spirit'.

I'm using Waite Smith as my touchstone here;
The Emperor is about authority and power, your own! He is about being in control of your own destiny.
The World is the ultimate freedom of restriction, the conclusion of the journey and spiritual enlightenment.
Put these two cards together and it suggests success by setting your own rules.

The Lovers, two halves of the whole, the yin and yang, a relationship that grows spiritually.

Cople this with The World it suggests that you plans will not only bring you fulfilment but the relationship with your husband will continue to grow becoming spiritual partners, attaining a true soul mates where you continue to learn and teach each other.

It's a positive and powerful message.

This is very enlightening and something I already was getting a sense of ...I just had no clue of how read yet but a start ...the deck I drew from was a full 78 card RW deck ...hubby & I have had an amazing bonding in the months since we rejoined cohabitation (the past year) and in fact our time apart we remained a couple only lived apart ...thank you for helping to clarify this message!

PS ...with a 3 card spread ...is it : past/present/future? that's why I was thinking perhaps my hubby was symbolized by the Emperor
Old 30-10-2015, 12:40 AM
55Degrees

Because of the nature of the question you asked, the cards would not show past/present/future. Fora past/present/future spread, the card positions need to be pre-defined before drawing them. That probably sounds more complicated than it is, as it's basically all to do with setting the intention before the cards are laid down.

The question you asked specified what you 'need to know right now' and therefore the cards would only focus on this moment in time and give the answer in that context.

As you begin to practice more you will find the wording of the question is crucial, Tarot can have a pretty warped sense of humour sometimes.
And remember keep asking questions, I was told once that the only silly questions are the ones we do not ask.

Hope that helps
Old 30-10-2015, 12:55 AM
Nettles

Cartomancy basics
Old 30-10-2015, 11:32 AM
Knower
Thanks Nettle - I shall check that out!

And Pieces Moon - thanks for explaining a bit of how the questions work - I should have an understanding of that as I have studied dowsing some ...I know the question has to be very specific to get a correct answer so I should relate that to Tarot as well in some context ...can't wait to get my deck!