Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Yoga

Old 21-10-2015, 01:33 AM
Pathfinder
feel down after yoga?

past 3 weeks i have started yoga again

going to yoga 3 or 4 times a week

I noticed in a lot of classes speciallly the ones where i really work so hard after class i feel sad kinda down depressed hopeless the rest of the day? usually comes at night

is this normal? part of healing? I am in recovery from addiction anxiety disorders and depression
Old 21-10-2015, 01:34 AM
Pathfinder
it is like a self pity or something kinda hard to explain

0ther times ive felt angry and hateful after class
Old 21-10-2015, 10:33 PM
Super Moderator
Obviously because I don't know you and the challenges you face and your path and destiny -I can't say exactly what is happening. So look on anything I say as suggestions -okay? That may or may not be what's happening.

Lots of ideas came to my mind.

* That your system is still feeling some weakness from the hard times you have been through. And that the yoga classes -although you love going to them, may be a little strenuous for someone still recovering from a hard time. If that makes any sense, it doesn't mean give it up, it just means pace yourself, and watch out for any signs of tiredness, and give in to them if they happen. Take some time out and rest/relax your body and mind.

* Sometimes certain work with 'energy' can bring things through the consciousness that were hidden before, or below the threshold of consciousness. That can be trapped emotion or trauma, or anything that was repressed. Sometimes things like that can hurt as they pass through, or as they are faced and integrated with a new perspective.
You do seem to have that perspective, or you would never have stopped to think -or to post the question on here.

* If you are in recovery you may be on some medication? I don't say you are -that is just a question. If so, medications can have side effects, and so can withdrawal from supportive medications, if you are trying to wean off them....

* You may have some simple physical need such as low blood sugar or dehydration after the yoga class? Even something as simple as that can cause negative emotional reactions.

Only my own ideas and suggestions.
Old 22-10-2015, 12:03 AM
Deactivated Account

Interesting, I never felt or experienced that before however, I don't do Yoga with a whole class. I self practice. I am wondering if you also do strength training? I do a lot of yoga however, I also incorporate a lot of strength training and cardio ( at the gym). I would't be able to do many of the poses without the strength training. Your using your whole body, to me that is more intense than using weights.

Yoga is more secondary to me. I put music that I enjoy. I also prefer to be alone in front of a lake or in a room alone rather than with a bunch of people. The energy of everyone is rather annoying for me personally.

Toby had excellent advice. Here are some articles that explains the flip side of Yoga, including low emotions. Personally, I would rather do it alone. Anything you need to learn about yoga and yoga poses is available online,both free and for sale. A lot cheaper than your local yoga shop

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sura-f...b_2100857.html

http://www.elephantjournal.com/2013/...-laura-stumpf/
Old 22-10-2015, 12:09 AM
Master
It may sound hokey but apparently emotion is help in certain muscles.
I too have found certain yoga moves stir things up for me.
Generally loss, most of the class I am very positive and happy but without a doubt at some point I find an emotion in a certain stretch.

Hopefully once released it can be healed.
Old 25-10-2015, 12:22 AM
Master

I practice modified ashtanga yoga at home by myself. I think practicing yoga by yourself has many advantages over doing it just in the class. Another thing all yogis should do is read yoga sutra.
Old 07-04-2016, 05:21 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris
I practice modified ashtanga yoga at home by myself. I think practicing yoga by yourself has many advantages over doing it just in the class. Another thing all yogis should do is read yoga sutra.
I agree with you Chris. I practice Yoga at home in my Yoga room (used to be a bedroom) but we use it as our Yoga and meditation room daily and I think if i had to go to a class everyday of my life I probably would miss some days. But at home I can do it in the morning or afternoon and evening whenever I want.
Joe
Old 06-06-2016, 03:39 AM
Seeker

Well guys I wants to know a one question from you in which age a person should start yoga?? hope so guys you will suggest me something useful with all.
Old 07-06-2016, 02:33 AM
Ascender
emotions come to the surface after all that release. it's alright. flow through it. it's all excess.
Old 03-07-2016, 05:28 PM
Master

Ansel, you can start yoga at any age.