Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 30-09-2015, 08:33 PM
Master

Breaking free from the family patterns etc

Some say that karma does not exist anymore. But still we keep copying our parents, grandparents, family and so on, I dont want to write a long post here, I hope that there are people who get me...
seems like the only way to break free or to change these patterns are through recognition and meditation.

We can let go of the things we are aware of.

People who have karmic connection or karma to work out are usually very sexually drawn to each other. Not always tho. But seems like the chemistry is something that keeps us hooked on someone. Lol.

Every girl looks in a boy his father and every boy looks his mother.
Subconsciously.

I dont like when patterns keep repeating, seems like I am chasing my own tail.. lol
I see my mother, my father, my grandfather, my grandma etc etc in my..
So who am I?

Also my emotional body is filled with past lives emotions ...old stuff..

As long as I keep hanging out with my higher self I am me... the other - outer stuff is just an outfit..lol we we're actually born naked

i have a very active and twisted mind

your thoughts and ideas please

much much rainbows and unicorns in your dreams <3
Old 30-09-2015, 08:52 PM
Master
Yes keep with your higherself ,take your active mind to be your teacher and realise that it has lessons ,the twists are to be worked through, but for me I do this with the aid of Jesus and meditation and self love ,and if you can hang out with God what you may call the higher self than your doing ok ,Thanks for the rainbows and unicorns wishing you trees and light and earth.....:)
Old 30-09-2015, 09:35 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by umbridge
Some say that karma does not exist anymore. But still we keep copying our parents, grandparents, family and so on, I dont want to write a long post here, I hope that there are people who get me...
seems like the only way to break free or to change these patterns are through recognition and meditation.

We can let go of the things we are aware of.

My (birth) parents weren't nice at all and I suspect I rebelled (to the good, mostly... I hope anyway) and when the chance came to move elsewhere I was surprised how quickly I slammed the door on that part of my past and any baggage those parents might have given me. It's possible that I insulated myself from them enough in spirit that I formed my own life/life-view early in prepubescent years.

I'm not sure I understand how and why. I look back on them as people closeted with their own rituals and dogma, fixed in their ways and beliefs. They might have changed. I don't know. I'm not disposed to find out. As they were they don't have a place in my firmament.

(A curious little story is that some time after I joined my foster parents, maybe 6 months or so a conversation developed about how better I'd done since they took me in. My foster mum is a mix of classical feminism and great affection. She said, "If you'd been my child your life would have taken a very different direction."
And I blurted, "But I am! There was a mistake in the wombs but it's been put right now." She broke down in tears - I thought I'd said the wrong thing but no. It convinced me she was my spiritual mum/ancestor.

I had semi-nightmares for ages thinking that if the timing of events had been even slightly different I wouldn't be there. Someone else would have been 'placed' with them - how fragile chance was! ) And in a way I suppose I am a reflection of them now. Maybe there was something in finding my spiritual mum.

Interesting what you say though. I suppose it applies to most, always prisoners of their childhood, as the saying goes. I might carry vestiges of my birth parents but if so they don't seem relevant now.
Old 30-09-2015, 11:17 PM
Experiencer

The patterns on my mothers side of the family is something I do not want to repeat under any circumstance, it's plain destructive on so many levels. This has lead to numerous personal issues in finding a woman to love, I didn't know what to look for because my mother wasn't and still isn't a good role model.

My step-mother is a good role model though, she cares and showed me how to really care. That probably saved me from a lot of pain, but I still had to experiment on my own to shed my last doubts. Some things can be repeated into infinity while other things shouldn't. Change what's bad and don't ruin the good patterns that work.

Funny enough my mother allowed me to do whatever I wanted while my step-mother made clear boundaries. At a time in my life I liked that my mother granted me freedom, now I'm very grateful that my step-mother stopped me from doing things that would eventually harm me. The one who cared the most was the one stopping me, not the one allowing me. At first I rebelled against my step-mother, then I rebelled against my mother as I realized she had been playing me against my father and step-mother. My father and step-mother never played me, they only ever wanted what's best for me, they're the ones who truly cared.

Repeating patterns in itself is not a problem, however patterns that consistently lead to negative consequences are. I have a girlfriend now, there's patterns emerging that neither of us wish to ruin as it benefits us both. She has a similar trust issue with her father and it's pretty clear to us what is and isn't a good way to maintain a healthy relationship, we have the solid experience of that and we do the best humans can do which is to learn.
Old 30-09-2015, 11:27 PM
littlejbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwerg
The patterns on my mothers side of the family is something I do not want to repeat under any circumstance, it's plain destructive on so many levels. This has lead to numerous personal issues in finding a woman to love, I didn't know what to look for because my mother wasn't and still isn't a good role model.

same, no fun; thank you for sharing.
Old 30-09-2015, 11:51 PM
Master
I completely agree about the importance of freeing oneself up from dead-end family patterns.

Interestingly, another member just started a thread today that may play out usefully along this line...
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...14#post1305114

The OP is enticing, and I'm eager for further explanation and discussion.
Old 01-10-2015, 12:02 AM
littlejbird

@ Tanemon;
thank you for sharing