Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 23-09-2015, 05:29 AM
Knower
I am Nothingness

I often heard the term "nothingness" from different philosophers and spiritual teachers, primarily Alan Watts... but I never really experienced what it felt like to be nothingness itself. Yesterday night as I was laying down meditating, I entered a vast realm of pure being. Nothingness. You could say it's a state of "no mind."

I have practiced and practiced meditation in my daily routines. Basically, knowing consciously not to identify with the mind.

The state of nothingness is the most spiritual state there could be in my opinion. How much deeper could you go then being clean and at peace with yourself? We truly are connected with everything. And if I am nothingness, so is everything else. Everything you see or hear or touch, ultimately has the same meaning. It just is. Nothing is trying to deliver a message for you to hear. You are the message.

Once you have broken through the constraints of identifying with the mind, you are free. You are the non-dual self.
Old 23-09-2015, 05:46 AM
Master
VERY NICE...
Old 23-09-2015, 09:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless
I often heard the term "nothingness" from different philosophers and spiritual teachers, primarily Alan Watts... but I never really experienced what it felt like to be nothingness itself. Yesterday night as I was laying down meditating, I entered a vast realm of pure being. Nothingness. You could say it's a state of "no mind."

I have practiced and practiced meditation in my daily routines. Basically, knowing consciously not to identify with the mind.

The state of nothingness is the most spiritual state there could be in my opinion. How much deeper could you go then being clean and at peace with yourself? We truly are connected with everything. And if I am nothingness, so is everything else. Everything you see or hear or touch, ultimately has the same meaning. It just is. Nothing is trying to deliver a message for you to hear. You are the message.

Once you have broken through the constraints of identifying with the mind, you are free. You are the non-dual self.
If this forum had a like button I would hit it for this post..

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 23-09-2015, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-09-2015, 11:41 PM
Master
I'm often skeptical of those who say such things like "I am nothingness." Even to say that is to still believe you are something. I don't see much of a difference between those who say they are God or those who say they are nothing.

Layers upon layers upon layers......upon more layers.
Old 24-09-2015, 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
I'm often skeptical of those who say such things like "I am nothingness."
Even to say that is to still believe you are something.
I don't see much of a difference between those who say they are God or those who say they are nothing.
Words are hard to describe it once you experienced 'it' for
even a few seconds.
It could make you catatonic for a couple days or depressed or in awe and weeping
or jumping around like a drunk madman.
It's not a cakewalk sometimes afterwards....and then again, it can
make life sooo much easier...because you've seen the thing in the apple seed that makes it a tree.
Does any of this make sense to some people, no.
Others it makes so much sense.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 24-09-2015, 02:37 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
I'm often skeptical of those who say such things like "I am nothingness." Even to say that is to still believe you are something. I don't see much of a difference between those who say they are God or those who say they are nothing.

The title of this thread is even to me a huge logical error, still I understand what OP is stating. Do you ever listen to music? If you listen for logical errors in the lyrics I can promise your mind will metaphorically explode.

There's a massive difference between stating "I am God" and saying "I am nothingness". Claiming to be God is claiming to be everything which is the opposite of nothing. Claiming to be nothingness is to not claim anything, thus no expectation, no pressure and no stress. Nothingness is freedom as you're not tied up in anything.

There are no layers, they're illusions. Illusions upon illusions upon illusions, lies upon lies upon lies. You don't add layers, you remove the ones that have been added. You don't build a wall to reach freedom, you tear it down because the wall that keeps dangers out keeps you imprisoned. To reach truth you don't add more layers/illusions/lies, you take them away to uncover the truth hidden beneath. To take a clear picture you don't add a filter to your camera lens, you take it away.

Nothingness is taking everything away until you're left with the raw experience as is right here and now, nothing more can be taken away.
Old 24-09-2015, 02:37 AM
Master
Quote:
even a few seconds.

I've had a few experiences in life that i couldn't put into words. I also know how easy it is for the ego to cling to certain experiences and make them much bigger than what they really are.
Old 24-09-2015, 02:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
even a few seconds.
It could make you catatonic for a couple days or depressed or in awe and weeping
or jumping around like a drunk madman.
It's not a cakewalk sometimes afterwards....and then again, it can
make life sooo much easier...because you've seen the thing in the apple seed that makes it a tree.
Does any of this make sense to some people, no.
Others it makes so much sense.

Old 24-09-2015, 02:43 AM
Master
Quote:

Probably make more sense to say 'I am formless'