Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 19-09-2015, 08:38 PM
Experiencer
How do you, personally, treat sadness?

Do you feel it entirely and all-consuming until it fades - or do you combat it with an onset of positive energy? What works better for you? Or is there one set 'cure' that works for everyone?

Thank you! :)
Old 19-09-2015, 08:42 PM
Master
Eckhart Tolle said that compassion is equal amounts sadness and joy and I have found this to be one of the truest of truisms. So the truing of this truism might be that sadness can quite easily become joy with only the slightest twists of it's hanging tails... as in does the dog wag his tail or does the tail wag his dog?
Old 19-09-2015, 09:18 PM
Master

I think sadness is ok. My cousin recently took her life. Sadness - is natural. It would be weird if I weren't sad - and deeply so.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with sadness. I don't believe in fighting it but allowing it to flow through. It's the opposite to happiness (not joy), it's akin to yin and yang, night and day, dark and light and it is a part of life to make a whole. It is human to have times of sadness, it is an emotion and we are creatures of emotion.

Wallowing is a different story!
Old 19-09-2015, 09:45 PM
Ascender

I do not reject or resist it. If the level is higher than I can maintain here is a funny trick. I actually dive in it... So deep at some point I just can't even take myself seriously with it. I let it consume and watch myself devolve into a pitiful wretch until inevitably I start laughing at myself.
Old 19-09-2015, 10:34 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
I think sadness is ok. My cousin recently took her life. Sadness - is natural. It would be weird if I weren't sad - and deeply so.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with sadness. I don't believe in fighting it but allowing it to flow through. It's the opposite to happiness (not joy), it's akin to yin and yang, night and day, dark and light and it is a part of life to make a whole. It is human to have times of sadness, it is an emotion and we are creatures of emotion.

Wallowing is a different story!

But not all the time.

YOu shouldn't be miserable all the time.

What ever the source, just don't think about it, if possible.
Old 19-09-2015, 10:40 PM
Master
Your so cool QTPIE ,,,a few week ago I finally let out some tears and at the end of it I was laughing ,and yes it was like you know what theres not much I can do about it so being this sad is actually laughable in the end ....this may not apply to all cases but its something I also experienced...I think Ill call it sadness madness..:(:)
Old 19-09-2015, 10:43 PM
Ascender
There's different types. Sadness: missing someone, losing, feeling down, grief, remorse, bereavment, disappointment, depression, loneliness, ect.
Old 19-09-2015, 11:05 PM
Master
Very true Howla Dark By no means I hope my post has not upset anyone,and if it has I apologize ,mine personally was sadness dealing with pain etc due to illness ....
Old 19-09-2015, 11:39 PM
Master

To quote an ancient tale, many times retold and in this case with thanks to Wikipedia:

It is said an Eastern monarch once charged his wise men to invent him a sentence, to be ever in view, and which should be true and appropriate in all times and situations. They presented him the words: "And this, too, shall pass away."
Old 19-09-2015, 11:43 PM
Master
Sadness is a necessary part in the cycle of experience and is associated with enduring pain.

Once freed of the burden of enduring an experience, ubiquitous sadness may give way to the cycle of grief and mourning (which has many stages), and thus of healing, ultimately.

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke