Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 18-09-2015, 10:31 AM
Knower

Did Shiva mantra develops psychic powers?

Was wondering how powerful are the Shiva mantra, coz one person said not to use any other mantra when using this.

Did the Shiva mantra improve your psychic powers or awaken something in yourself?

How's your social life, sex life, business life, personal life and spiritual life after chanting this for a months or year or so?
Old 18-09-2015, 12:27 PM
Ascender
You can see posts by EmeraldEYES on this thread: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=52828

I've observed no results from my little chanting of Om Namah Shivaya.
Old 18-09-2015, 02:39 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini1
Was wondering how powerful are the Shiva mantra, coz one person said not to use any other mantra when using this.

Did the Shiva mantra improve your psychic powers or awaken something in yourself?

How's your social life, sex life, business life, personal life and spiritual life after chanting this for a months or year or so?

Sincere devotees don't chant Namashivaya to awaken spiritual powers to feed the ego. They chant to subdue the ego and become closer to Siva.

As far as life goes, in this case only your last version ... spiritual ... counts. Social life, sex life, etc. are all irrelevant in this case.

Yes there probably is change, but it would be slow and subtle, over time. An outsider might notice, if they could see two points in time, maybe 10 years apart. But the individual wouldn't notice, as the change is so gradual.
Old 23-09-2015, 03:19 PM
Knower

I was wondering if the effects are different if one chanting are Hindu or from India or for those of different religions or countries.

Are the effects very personal? Like it really depends on the present energy of the individual...or maybe of his/her spiritual development?
Old 23-09-2015, 05:04 PM
Master

Quote:
I was wondering if the effects are different if one chanting are Hindu or from India or for those of different religions or countries.
No.
Quote:
Are the effects very personal? Like it really depends on the present energy of the individual...or maybe of his/her spiritual development?
Yes.

You may want to look at this thread. http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=52828
Old 23-09-2015, 07:06 PM
Guide

Quote:

I would say Saivites would get greater benefit. After all, they are Saivites and that mantra is THE mantra for Saivites. Born in which country, to me, would be irrelevant.

The other missing aspect here is diksha. Diksha is initiation. So a devotee is given the mantra by the right person at the right time. I've heard it said that diksha, or not diksha, is like a wallet with money, or a wallet without money.

I personally believe the effects are very personal. Mystics won't share a lot about that.
Old 24-09-2015, 07:43 PM
Pathfinder
I have observed subtle results, spiritual in nature. I think chanting just to gain material bennies might only result in frustration from "mis use", but that is just IMHO.

I have noticed such things as more patience more awareness of my foul language and better intuition.
Old 29-09-2015, 07:35 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical Warrior
I have observed subtle results, spiritual in nature. I think chanting just to gain material bennies might only result in frustration from "mis use", but that is just IMHO.

I have noticed such things as more patience more awareness of my foul language and better intuition.

Yes, I get that. But I think the things you said as ...more patience and more awareness and better intuition...really have catch my attention. I believe this is what we need to function more better on this planet.

By the way, are there any rules, precautions or maybe possibly a warnings to those who are not Hindus or Shaivites when one begins chanting the Shiva mantra?

Like is it ok to chant Aum Namah Shivaya in the morning then the Mahamrityunjaya Mantra in the evening?
Old 30-09-2015, 12:46 AM
Guide

Anybody can do whatever they want to in regards to personal practices. Hinduism offers guidelines, not rules. These guidelines vary widely depending on the relative orthodoxy (or not) of each school.
Old 30-09-2015, 02:57 PM
Knower

I read on one site that Mahamrityunjaya Mantra should be chanted only once a week?