Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 13-07-2015, 06:07 AM
Newbie ;)

Can Spiritual Awakening Slow Down/Stop?

Hey all!

Alright, I've been needing to figure this out, for a little over a month, now and feel this is the place to get the answers. So, I witnessed my Spiritual Journey in I'd say the end of April and the beginning of May. In May, is the time I was really getting into it and began receiving signs/messages, which was an incredibly overwhelming feeling. I even felt the company of Angels around me with every single hair on my body standing straight up and some other amazing moments, as well. I finally understood it and truly felt blessed.

So, with that said and done. The whole month of June, nothing happened. Maybe a few nightmares, here and there. Also, noticed I had to stop taken vitamins b/c it effected my stomach, tremendously. I don't know what has happened, I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or I did something wrong, to make it all go away (which I hate to say). Can Spiritual Awakening slow down at times or stop completely? Could this all be different stages? Please, let me know what to do in order to make this appear in my life again b/c this was truly an amazing experience and would love to keep my Spiritual Journey going.

One thing, I did and felt as if it was wrong but still did it. I ended up telling my mother about these amazing things that's been happening to me and that it truly is a blessing, which I felt I should have kept it to myself. B/c she ended up being negative about it and her negativity I feel as if it overpowered my mindset on spirituality. I still believe in everything about it, I just feel she disturbed it, I guess you can say. Can negative people effect your Spiritual Awakening? If so, can/will it come back?

I guess, my questions are connected in a way. Thanks for reading my post and hope to hear what you all have to say.

Namaste.
Old 13-07-2015, 06:22 AM
Master
We are Beings of vibrating energy, we also tend to adapt to whatever vibrations are around us. In higher states of vibration we are able to perceive and experience more of the reality which also exists here in this same space as us (Angels and so on) However if we can't maintain a high enough vibration to sense what else is here then its as if its ceased to exist for us.
So therefore, at least for me, maintaining a high vibration and doing regular cleansing and purifying is the key to continued receiving and interaction with higher dreams.

Rejection, fear, mourning, sadness, anger and so on all have a vibratory signature, as does the common cold, flu's and so on - everything which exist has a vibratory signature - sort of like a radio station. To continue to dial in the 'stations' you want to receive you need to TUNE yourself to those frequency's and when we find yourself experience either other peoples lower 'stations' or making your own lower station then it's time to cleanse and purify and get your good vibrations back :)

You can google many ways to cleanse and purify and many ways to increase your vibration like meditation, flower essence, high frequency crystals, singing bowls, certain types of music, incense and so on - everything has a vibrational signature - learn about it and you will be much more in control of your experience and even if it does temporarily get clogged up you will have the tools to unclog it. :)
Old 13-07-2015, 07:19 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted2Spirituality
Hey all!

Alright, I've been needing to figure this out, for a little over a month, now and feel this is the place to get the answers. So, I witnessed my Spiritual Journey in I'd say the end of April and the beginning of May. In May, is the time I was really getting into it and began receiving signs/messages, which was an incredibly overwhelming feeling. I even felt the company of Angels around me with every single hair on my body standing straight up and some other amazing moments, as well. I finally understood it and truly felt blessed.

So, with that said and done. The whole month of June, nothing happened. Maybe a few nightmares, here and there. Also, noticed I had to stop taken vitamins b/c it effected my stomach, tremendously. I don't know what has happened, I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or I did something wrong, to make it all go away (which I hate to say). Can Spiritual Awakening slow down at times or stop completely? Could this all be different stages? Please, let me know what to do in order to make this appear in my life again b/c this was truly an amazing experience and would love to keep my Spiritual Journey going.

One thing, I did and felt as if it was wrong but still did it. I ended up telling my mother about these amazing things that's been happening to me and that it truly is a blessing, which I felt I should have kept it to myself. B/c she ended up being negative about it and her negativity I feel as if it overpowered my mindset on spirituality. I still believe in everything about it, I just feel she disturbed it, I guess you can say. Can negative people effect your Spiritual Awakening? If so, can/will it come back?

I guess, my questions are connected in a way. Thanks for reading my post and hope to hear what you all have to say.

Namaste.

Greetings A2S....

- It's natural for there to be periods of increased activity and also periods of decreased activity when you are going through the spiritual awakening process. In other words it's not a steady, linear progression in terms of a constant incremental series of developments and changes. I noticed you described your May experiences as producing an 'incredible overwhelming feeling' - which is an understandable reaction... When you are going through an awakening, the experience of your state of awareness being expanded and elevated can be disorienting - significant spiritual experiences and too much change to our state of being too quickly can become destabilizing at times. Therefore it is more functional when an individual goes through a period of growth/developments/experiences, and then there is an period where things cool off for awhile and the individual has the necessary time afforded to him/her to sufficiently integrate those experiences and acclimate (adjust) to the rising state of awareness that is unfolding.

-No need to second guess yourself or to try and force things in order to try and bring about some desired 'results'. Everything will unfold just as it needs to and custom-tailored just for your own individual needs and path. From my perspective, it is the activity of the physical mind that generates that internal 'chatter' which influences you to question yourself, to judge yourself, to feel worried/concerned, and to become preoccupied with trying to recreate certain experiences. Spiritual growth is more likely to unfold when we learn to quiet that influence/activity of the physical mind as it relates to our state of conciousness. So if you find yourself getting worried or really fixating on questioning/second-guessing yourself - remind you that it's counterproductive and that the ideal course of action is to just 'let go' and reassure yourself that things will unfold exactly as they need to and when the timing is appropriate. Rather than feeling attached to any particular experiences you may have had, it may be more constructive to just set a general intention to direct conscious energy towards introspection and deep contemplation, refining/improving your nature/character where you see the need to, exposing yourself to materials (books, art, film/videos) which stimulate your awareness and provoke deep-thought (which serves to further expand your state of awareness), looking for opportunities to be of service to others, spending time in nature, allowing yourself to consciously acknowledge (confront) and release sensitive emotional energy you've carried with you, etc. All of these practices are important and as they transpire over time you will find yourself having new spiritual developments and experiencing various symptoms/sensations associated with the awakening process. The act of trying to recreate an experience will likely actually block you from succeeding. So if you take a more laid back approach and just move forward with the intention to continue to refine yourself and advance your state of being - you will find that the experiences will continue to surface in due time. It is natural for an individual to experience glimpses or sneak previews of a higher state of awareness (which may produce blissful feelings), and then after that experience to revert back to a former state of consciousness marked by identification with the physical/egoic mind. All part of the process. There are times when it feels like things are unfolding in accordance with a higher plan operating behind the scenes - again the notion that you really don't exert control over exactly what happens and when.

-I think it's quite common that individuals have exciting experiences and developments, and their natural reaction is to want to confide in someone and share those experiences and the associated feelings/emotions that were generated by them. It's okay that you tried to share with your Mom and it's okay that she had the reaction that she did. Some people are simply not currently operating from a state of awareness and being where they are ready to be receptive of someone else's experiences of this nature and to listen with an open-mind and without judgement. If she was having similar experiences in her life she could relate to what you're telling her - but she's not and she may not be capable of understanding at this time. That's alright. She'll either reach a point where she'll want to explore such matters and know more from you - or you can find learn to find acceptance that certain individuals are not in a position to be receptive/understanding of certain aspects of our life experience. I have siblings and relatives whom know nothing of my spiritual growth/awakening and how it affected me. In fact there is only 1 family member whom I was able to confide in and who knows all about what I experienced. I know there are individuals in my family who would not be able to understand and process what I would share with them, so I don't even go there with them. It's okay. You may find comfort in reaching out to individuals through online forums, individuals who can relate to your experiences and who will listen without judgement or criticism. This will help you to feel more comfortable with what you're going through and it's helpful and reassuring to know that you are not alone in what you're going through - that there are others out there going through or who have gone through similar experiences and growth.

Kind Regards,
~wolfgaze
Old 13-07-2015, 07:21 PM
Ummon

I think what Saints from all religions remind us is that this must be a ceaseless process. You must do it as you eat, sleep, breathe, bathe, work, etc. It stops when you are not doing it, but it begins again just as easily when you begin once more. As you get older you see what pulls you from it and stop participating in that or you become miserable!
Old 13-07-2015, 09:03 PM
Lorelyen

I don't know about awakening which is the spiritual eye-opener. How that can stop if it happens I can't fathom. But spiritual development can rise and fall, possibly stop if the person simply stops attending to it.

Single-mindedness (a total devotion) toward a spiritual goal is reserved for just a few I'd guess. Most people have to work, attend to family and other administrative things that limit the time they have to work on their spiritual path. It doesn't mean that those without such a narrow focus can't "be spiritual" or develop themselves. In fact, some will incorporate what they do and who they attend to into their spirituality. But sometimes distractions blur the focus, often just temporarily.

It's a question of whether someone can keep focus or not, as I see it. Some simply abandon it, regrettably. Then it stops. But who knows if they'll return to it later?
You can't send a spiritual awakening back!

:::
Old 14-07-2015, 05:30 PM
Guide
Surround yourself with similar minded people. They can help give you the energy to continue.
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown
The dream is gone
I have become comfortably numb.". - Pink Floyd

You'll find me here, in the back seat, just taking it all in
Old 14-07-2015, 05:43 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted2Spirituality
Hey all!

Namaste.

I can totally relate to what you are saying. I have noticed in my spiritual journey that there are those periods where things seem to be happening on almost daily basis that make me go "wow!" and fully realize that I am experiencing something pretty amazing on my spiritual path. And then there are longer periods in between when nothing really "seems" to happen at all. I put 'seems' in quotes because in reality, I'm sure all kinds of things are going on, both in my external reality as well as inside me, that are either underneath the surface, or that I may not be aware of. But things are still happening, still progressing, just not in such an easily recognizable manner.

For me, this has been where the "rubber meets the road" as far as spiritual development goes : hanging on to the faith, hope, enthusiasm and commitment to spiritual growth and principles that comes so easily during those "eureka!" periods even through the slow periods. Just recently, I was reading some stuff on Mother Theresa, whom I admired very, very much, and was shocked to realize that as spiritual, devoted and connected to the Source she seemed to be, she actually felt very distant from God for a great portion of her life, and struggled with that feeling immensely, all the while performing all the great, compassionate selfless acts she did. For me, this was a real eye-opener to realize that progressing on the spiritual path doesn't always feel like we think it "should," and that we - I - need to really appreciate and embrace those periods when magic seems to happen, because they aren't a given, and don't come as frequently as we might like.

That being said, I would be lying if I said I too don't feel sometimes as if maybe I've gone "off the path," and I really miss those incredible experiences. I have hope that one day I will experience them again, and in the meantime, I pray that God/Spirit/The Universe opens my eyes, mind and heart to the wonders and miracles that happen around me every day that I might have a truly grateful heart.

Many Blessings to you on your journey....

Qkev
Old 15-07-2015, 03:04 PM
Deactivated Account

There are three main stages to awakening: Bliss -> Dark Night -> Equanimity. These three main stages repeat over and over until complete peace is achieved. The beginning of spiritual awakening starts out with great bliss, but then it stops because your body just can't handle that intense energy all the time. You need to adapt and get rid of any pain inside that's blocking it from continuing. So that's when you hit a low and experience a huge purging and feel like even God has abandoned you. At some point after all that you realise there's nothing cutting you off anymore because you got rid of all resistance and you feel at peace. But it's a process, and it takes many years, usually. So no, you won't get that state back again that you experienced and I would drop the craving and attachment to it if you can because it will just make your process all that much harder. You have to learn to come to acceptance inside yourself, that's true happiness, not the highs of energy that you can experience(which will continue with the pattern, but with less intensity than the first time). Energy often times becomes people's drug, and that's unhealthy and not anything to do with the spiritual path at all. The spiritual path is about finding inner happiness, not being out of your mind high all the time... Be careful you don't use the energy as another substitute to cover up your voids and emptiness, and use it as the tool it is, to refine your consciousness into something much more naturally joyful and harmonious with who you are, inner unity always being the main goal.
Old 15-07-2015, 03:13 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
There are three main stages to awakening: Bliss -> Dark Night -> Equanimity. These three main stages repeat over and over until complete peace is achieved. The beginning of spiritual awakening starts out with great bliss, ---.

Mine started off with a dark night of the soul experience.....
Old 15-07-2015, 03:16 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze
Mine started off with a dark night of the soul experience.....

Each case is different but that's the general pattern I noticed in people.