Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 11-07-2015, 05:12 AM
Newbie ;)

Quiet the Bard

Hi! I'm Quiet, and I am a musician.

I have dreams of being a Druid, being called a Bard, and being able to admit my aspirations without being laughed at by any serious pagan of any kind. I have learned a lot, and I've come far in the path my heart has chosen. The path I am on is long, but not particularly difficult... Or, so I thought.

As I learned more, and studied what I could, I discovered that one cannot simply follow their heart, play music with their soul, and call themselves a Bard. Spoken word, and conveying stories is an equally large part of it.

But, I am incapable of speaking. Now you probably get my username.

I've tried to keep going despite this handicap, but it seems like the path I am on has turned into a trek up a mountain. How could I possibly follow my heart if it wants me to go someplace I literally, physically cannot.

I still have my music, but... A song can convey emotion, and a general progression. But without a voice, there is no story but the one I tell myself.

What am I to do? I feel like my faith is invalid, because I am incapable of following it.
Old 11-07-2015, 10:21 AM
Ascender

You seem to convey the written word without a problem maybe for you it may be the best path to take.
Old 11-07-2015, 02:25 PM
Experiencer
As Shaun has said, you seem to be able to express yourself eloguently in writing. The ancient Druids never wrote anything down, so you're ahead of them already. If your music is as expressive as your writing, you're a very fortunate man.
Old 11-07-2015, 03:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet
I still have my music, but... A song can convey emotion, and a general progression. But without a voice, there is no story but the one I tell myself.

What am I to do? I feel like my faith is invalid, because I am incapable of following it.
If you are into paganism and druidism then ask to see a message or sign from your spiritual master/mistress when you dream.

If you see a sort of off line plus sign on a square then its Brigit (Celtic goddess) who deals with poetry and enjoys watching her followers singing in battle.
Old 12-07-2015, 02:14 AM
Master
Do you mean you can not sing the songs you have written?

What if you were in a place one night never to be in again, would that make doable?
Old 12-07-2015, 06:07 AM
Newbie ;)

I understand the advice you're giving, Skygazer, but alas, it does not apply to me. How comfortable I am with a situation and how sure I am that my quality is true are notwithstanding.

I have no voice.

I am mute.
Old 13-07-2015, 12:01 AM
Newbie ;)

So, I asked for guidance. There was no ritual, or any kind of chant. Just a question to the wind and stars before bed. That night, I had a dream about going in front of a meager crowd of people. They tried to talk to me, and I signed in ASL "Speaking impaired; Can hear" and started playing my music exactly the way I've wanted to since I started.

It doesn't seem very mystical, and I can't remember any symbolism. I tried really hard to remember and recreate the sound I heard, but by the time it occurred to me to do so it was too late. The location was one of the places I would sit with my wife on our walks.

So, there's that. Maybe it was some heed to my quandary, or maybe it was a creation of my own mind thinking about it before bed.
Old 13-07-2015, 12:16 AM
Master
sorry, I didn't originally comprehend the meaning of "quiet".
Old 13-07-2015, 02:29 AM
Suspended
You could write the words of a song and have someone else sing them while you play the music?
Old 18-07-2015, 05:04 AM
Experiencer
I agree with Nature Grows. If it is possible, perhaps you can find someone to sing them for you? I realize it would be hard for you to find juuuuust the right person, the person that can give your songs the life, and heart, and spirit that you need them to, but perhaps you can find someone to be that voice you need.

Think on it. Meditate surrounded by the life of nature and trees, and perhaps with your music playing. Ask the world with your music. Play the question as a song, so that it may be heard, and understood, and shown how much of your soul is in your path. Perhaps... Perhaps you will be lucky, and shown your way.

Blessings, Quiet. Blessings to our strong and soulful bard.