Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 09-07-2015, 03:28 PM
Master
Not all about the self?

Hello,

Is the "journey" really all about the self?

I heard this said and that reality is just a projection of the self.

Yet, things go on that I feel have nothing to do with me as this person I am being. I can get involved in it or be concerned, yet it seems it happens anyways or not much changes in the course it takes.

Can understand the "self development" part and that "one can not give what one does not have." and some of the ideas behind these.

Yet, as I live life and life happens it seems that it is not all about this self or realizing there is "no-self."

This brings the feeling that each act seems to have its impact, no matter how small or large it may seem. That each life has its reason and influence, not only upon the individual, but in effect upon the continuing flow.

There are stories passed along, memories held, tendencies one may have, social structures, environmental structures, and even universal structures and other structures that may not be noticed, yet still seem to be there in some form/manner.
All this seems connected and interacting with each other.

If there is a change in one, then it seems this flows into the other.
Affecting the individual and perhaps the structures at present.

IMO, we are individuals and we are not separate from these, but of these in some way or another.
Being such can have influence upon these in some manner and in other manner don't, yet can feel the change that occurs with in these and thus creating change with in the self.

The parts with in and of the whole type of thing is some of thought here.

Reflecting upon this brings to mind that it is not all about the self, yet what one does can have impacts in ways one may not realize or come to see.
But, it is there.
Reflected in such forums as these in a small way and reflected in nature in its on going happening.

What are the thoughts on this out there?
Old 10-07-2015, 02:09 PM
Master
Just some added thoughts.

Reflecting a bit here and the image that comes to mind.

Seeing three rings/circles.
One being my perceptions
One being perceptions of another
One being perceptions(?) of nature/universe
All may create a reality of sorts
Then there is that space in which the three seem to intertwine
This too seems to create a reality of sorts
In the space where the three intertwine, seems to be a blending of sorts
So although individuality may be sensed, in the flowing of it all seems to interact
Visualizing this gives a deeper feeling of connection and how one seems to influence the other.

What do you all think?
Old 10-07-2015, 02:45 PM
Guide
Depends on your view of the self.

There is the self - the ego.
Then there is the Self - the Soul, the Fragment of God within living in you as you.

To truly know God you must know the Self.
Old 10-07-2015, 02:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hello,

Is the "journey" really all about the self?

I heard this said and that reality is just a projection of the self.

Yet, things go on that I feel have nothing to do with me as this person I am being. I can get involved in it or be concerned, yet it seems it happens anyways or not much changes in the course it takes.

Can understand the "self development" part and that "one can not give what one does not have." and some of the ideas behind these.

Yet, as I live life and life happens it seems that it is not all about this self or realizing there is "no-self."

This brings the feeling that each act seems to have its impact, no matter how small or large it may seem. That each life has its reason and influence, not only upon the individual, but in effect upon the continuing flow.

There are stories passed along, memories held, tendencies one may have, social structures, environmental structures, and even universal structures and other structures that may not be noticed, yet still seem to be there in some form/manner.
All this seems connected and interacting with each other.

If there is a change in one, then it seems this flows into the other.
Affecting the individual and perhaps the structures at present.

IMO, we are individuals and we are not separate from these, but of these in some way or another.
Being such can have influence upon these in some manner and in other manner don't, yet can feel the change that occurs with in these and thus creating change with in the self.

The parts with in and of the whole type of thing is some of thought here.

Reflecting upon this brings to mind that it is not all about the self, yet what one does can have impacts in ways one may not realize or come to see.
But, it is there.
Reflected in such forums as these in a small way and reflected in nature in its on going happening.

What are the thoughts on this out there?

Everything is connected and reflected when we reflect upon it. So you will see the nature of those connections in areas such as family, friendship groups, work, forums, where ever you are *interacting* with life you are there and all connections one with you. Wherever you are not, you are there, even if unaware. Nothing is separate, but our experience can have us believe we are. Connections are all there if you want to see them open to them, but we only look where we can and with what we have accessed within us and where we are in any moment. The whole is flowing regardless of our own inability to be aware of every life form. In many ways the nature of interacting with life is what awakens the connection in some form to see how you fit and others fit in you as part of one source.

I remember one time walking through an altered reality and shift where I could see the nature of connections in every way of my created reality all playing out for me to see how the intricate nature of the whole was in my view as a whole source. It was a time where I needed to learn my own place and how everything was connected and alive through the constant creation and ripples of all life in so many ways of relating in myself. My *relationship* with it all was of course another aspect beyond seeing alone.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 10-07-2015, 02:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Just some added thoughts.

Reflecting a bit here and the image that comes to mind.

Seeing three rings/circles.
One being my perceptions
One being perceptions of another
One being perceptions(?) of nature/universe
All may create a reality of sorts
Then there is that space in which the three seem to intertwine
This too seems to create a reality of sorts
In the space where the three intertwine, seems to be a blending of sorts
So although individuality may be sensed, in the flowing of it all seems to interact
Visualizing this gives a deeper feeling of connection and how one seems to influence the other.

What do you all think?

If you envision and hold within you that everything is within, all reflections you are visualizing, connecting too are awakening something within you to realize you as the source of those three rings.

The whole is the whole of reality. The self learns itself as the whole by opening to *feel* that connection first, then reflect it in that way of being in the world.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 10-07-2015, 03:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenvdb64
Depends on your view of the self.

There is the self - the ego.
Then there is the Self - the Soul, the Fragment of God within living in you as you.

To truly know God you must know the Self.

Hi lenvdb64,

As I see the self it seems to include the mind, body, and spirit.
The physical perceptions/perspectives seem to be what one may think or observe.
The "God" aspect (so to speak) seems to be all that occurs including the physical and other aspects felt, IMO.

It's that area where everything meets and yes with in this area seems to be that connection is felt in which one flows into the other.

Playing with this can see it as a "God" aspect. In this space seems to be no division, but "all as one" feeling.

Some thoughts on this.

Thank you for your thoughts
Old 10-07-2015, 03:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
If you envision and hold within you that everything is within, all reflections you are visualizing, connecting too are awakening something within you to realize you as the source of those three rings.

The whole is the whole of reality. The self learns itself as the whole by opening to *feel* that connection first, then reflect it in that way of being in the world.

Hi natures flow,

Finding it interesting that there is the feeling of connection and observation of seeing the flow of life going on, there is still this individual life to be lived.

Even in this other aspects flow in and out of perceptions/perspectives and may alter self in thinking and even in some way appearance.

Yet, it all seems to flow in its own way and with in that of being individual (not separate though)

Reflecting brings deeper noticing of what I do and others do influence one another. This also observed in watching "nature".

Seems an area is created which all intertwined, giving the sense or noticing "all being one".

So, in this reflection seeing it is the self,yes, but not all the self.
Not being detached from self. More a reflection that self is inclusive with in the flow.

Thank you for sharing
Old 10-07-2015, 07:04 PM
Master
'Self' lost the 'ish' for a reason
Loopy

◌ⴽAꕂꕂ A simple smile could be the first aid kit that someone has been looking for,
If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can....DO MOREꕂꕂ◌ⴽ
~Shane Koyczan~
Old 10-07-2015, 07:12 PM
Suspended
Master
I think that one can attribute the selfish one to being all about them, it could be quite easily said that the selfless is all about others, but if there is only what you are then it is only about that ..

x daz x

Hi loops, long time no see .
Old 10-07-2015, 08:08 PM
Master
Without self, what is there? hehehe! Godlike, always a pleasure

Loopylike x

◌ⴽAꕂꕂ A simple smile could be the first aid kit that someone has been looking for,
If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can....DO MOREꕂꕂ◌ⴽ
~Shane Koyczan~