Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 07-07-2015, 06:18 PM
Guide
Meditation & Enlightenment

I believe Meditation to be likened to going to the gym. Various techniques of meditation increase focus, clarity, awareness, concentration and etc. I do believe that while going to the meditation gym is good, it's what you take out of the gym and what you use your own strength on in action during life that counts. I think of it like that Batman quote "It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me." This is where Mindfulness comes into the picture. I consider the goal of hitting the meditation gym is to take Mindfulness wherever one goes. Mindfulness is where it's at, and the goal is to maximize Mindfulness through Meditation.

Enlightenment to me is simply the Body/Mind/Spirit of an Individual functioning at 100% in the correct way. Of course I also believe that there will be "side effects" of functioning correctly, such as Kundalini Awakening. And I feel that at this stage of the process, everything becomes a Meditation since one has peaked their Mindfulness to the fullest.
Old 07-07-2015, 09:53 PM
Master

In my opinion, you have a nice view on and believe in higher goals.
Old 08-07-2015, 04:02 PM
Guide
Thank You Serrao!
Old 08-07-2015, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoughtOnFire
Enlightenment to me is simply the Body/Mind/Spirit of an Individual functioning at 100% in the correct way..
Heck, and 'to me' I could be in a wheel chair and and have gas and
still be enlightened.
Sorry, but, that is my perspective.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-07-2015, 05:34 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Heck, and 'to me' I could be in a wheel chair and and have gas and
still be enlightened.
Sorry, but, that is my perspective.

I was not meaning to imply that one has to be Superman.

Actually I was saying mainly the Mind functioning at 100% is Enlightenment.

Being at peak Health too, is a good thing.
Old 16-07-2015, 05:43 PM
Master

IMHO the mind has little to do with it. the chakras. opened and moving does. the meditation opens the 8th chakra. the 8th and 12th are the gateways to enlightenment.

even in a wheelchair you can meditate.

kk
Old 16-07-2015, 08:58 PM
Master
I started meditating when I was 17 and that's a very long time ago but way back then it was little more than a way to relax. My Dad taught me a very simple technique with the proviso that it was about stilling the mind and I really enjoyed it and even during work I would spend my lunchtimes laying out in the middle of a field and drifting off into thoughtlessness.

Then I found a book about astral projection and went hell for leather getting into that and did actually do it once or twice but found I still had a healthy amount of desire in me which seemed to be the directive when I popped out and so that kinda needed some work.

But this was the early 80's and as such access to spiritual texts was somewhat limited and I was still basically a good ol' boy in search of experience so again meditation took a back seat but was still there. And it stayed there in the background for a few decades while other things like intuition came forward and I suppose looking back it was all about dealing with what desire is.

Anyways, though I could just keep on writing about my life story it seems it's about the seasons and the tides coming in and the tide going out which is to say that when, about 5 years ago I found the power of now, I was almost entirely ready for the tide of inner consciousness to come all the way in, The season was right as it were and now the tide is going out which is to say that this idea of mindfullness in life is what it all seems to be about.

There isn't the depth there was in meditations of a year or two ago but there is an expansion of quietness out into life and I seem to carry it where ever I go. So there is too a mild sadness, a kind of missing something I once had, that the dips into the abiding silence and formlessness is just a memory but at the same time it's still there but not concentrated to the within but is somehow expanded deeper into life itself.
Old 17-07-2015, 10:06 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkfern
IMHO the mind has little to do with it. the chakras. opened and moving does. the meditation opens the 8th chakra. the 8th and 12th are the gateways to enlightenment.

even in a wheelchair you can meditate.

kk

My own use of the term Mind encompasses the Chakras. You could say that I was saying that the Chakras Functioning at 100% Equals Enlightenment. Also I agree that one can meditate in a wheel chair.
Old 17-07-2015, 10:25 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkfern
The chakras 1 to 7 all have physical locations.
Do the chakras beyond the 7th have physical locations too?
Or are those chakras in fact states of mind? And when a certain state of mind is achieved, they call the corresponding chakra "open"?
Old 17-07-2015, 10:56 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrao
The chakras 1 to 7 all have physical locations.
Do the chakras beyond the 7th have physical locations too?
Or are those chakras in fact states of mind? And when a certain state of mind is achieved, they call the corresponding chakra "open"?

to encompass your mind as including more, then yes. but in this, would not all the chakras be a state of mind? just wondered.

the others are off sight in the finer bodies.

kk