Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 22-05-2015, 02:23 PM
Cscotty

Cleansing an amethyst bed

Hi everyone.

I recently got given a huge amethyst bed. I want to cleanse it before I start using it - how can I do this best?
It's probably about 8 inches across, 4 inches wide and 2 inches deep - it's a brute!!

Thanks.
Old 22-05-2015, 04:12 PM
Master
That's not that big?
Just stick it in water, if it's dusty, use a very gentle brush, depending on how small the points are.
If it's about dust, then some put them upside down in snow, then you'd have to wait for winter of course..

If it's not dusty, but energetic cleansing, put it in water and let it sit for 12-24 hours. Refresh the water if/when there's a lot of bubblies appearing and keep doing that at regular intervals. If after a night/a few hours or whatever there aren't any bubbles anymore, take it out, dry it upside down.
Best use soft water/spring water so you don't get chalk residue buildup.
That type of cleansing is usually enough.
If more is needed, stick it in the ground in the garden (NOT in potting soil -> too acid). Put it in part of a panty hose so dirt doesn't get in the cluster.
Leave it for 12-24 hours. Leave the panty hose bit sticking out, so you won't have to search for it.
Dig it up, very quickly move it through a flame (don't hold it still in a flame) or waft natural incense over it, and Bob is your uncle. Then you done a very thorough cleansing, using all elements: water, earth, fire, air
Old 22-05-2015, 06:57 PM
Cscotty

Ah thank you!
Yeah, it's prob not big generally but it is to me!
I shall def give those suggestions a try... :)
Old 22-05-2015, 07:37 PM
Master
I just had to cleanse 40 crystal points.
First I sinned them for a day to get their energy levels up, then smudged them with white sage first.
Then used water visualizing all stress, trauma from mining and sorting , fatigue from shipping and handling, and psychic imprints from others being washed down the drain.
After that their energy was incredibly sparkling and they were happy little critters.
However as they came to me from Brazil and thus south of the equator I decided to give them 24 hours immersed in brown rice to help balance their polarity.
They actually didn't want to come out of the rice and were slow to wake up. lol

However after some loving and taking to them they woke up and we had a very productive few days learning some complicated crystal circuitry lay-outs.

Soft (well cleaned) shoe brushes make great brushes for dusting crystals.
Old 22-05-2015, 11:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cscotty
Ah thank you!
Yeah, it's prob not big generally but it is to me!
I shall def give those suggestions a try... :)
Usually just the water is enough. Doing it all is usually only needed when the crystals are in dire shape, really need a thorough cleansing and charging.

You can do the charging in the moon, we are about a week and a half from a full moon and 3 days before you can bathe crystals in its light, as the full moon energies start to build up then.
Old 23-05-2015, 02:26 AM
Ascender
That's a huge Amethyst Cscotty
So lucky you have one
If I as rich as bill gate, I will make my real bed from Amethyst
A table from Labradorite
A mirror from Selenite

one can dream
Old 23-05-2015, 02:18 PM
Cscotty

Sounds like a plan Shen Y!
Yes I like putting them all out in moonlight FairyCrystal - thanks for reminding me.
It was given as a gift from a lovely person but has been 'ready for sale' for goodness knows how long. At best it's just happy to be out of the box!
Hopefully this will be enough to ensure it will be a strong and vibrant cleanser of my other crystals :)
Old 24-05-2015, 08:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shen.Y
That's a huge Amethyst Cscotty
So lucky you have one
If I as rich as bill gate, I will make my real bed from Amethyst
A table from Labradorite
A mirror from Selenite

one can dream
You and me both!!!!!
I have allot of tumbled stones but i want big ones man!!
Maybe one day