Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 09-05-2015, 05:25 PM
Master
Citrine

I bought a fake Citrine as i did not know it was fake.
Does it still have some of the quality of a citrine or not??
I heard that smokey quarts that are fake have the same quality as
normal they just use a stove to make them quicker.I think they said citrine too
but not sure does someone know??
Does anyone have had experience with Citrine and what it helps for??
How do you use them??
Thank you
Old 10-05-2015, 02:14 PM
wanderlusterer

Slightly different, but pretty much the same qualities i think. In the end crystals only amplify, the real power is all you.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:05 AM
CJDougan

Citrine will restore your love of life and can attract money and opportunity. I keep a little wooden treasure chest with Citrine in it by my computer where I work. :)
Old 11-05-2015, 05:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJDougan
Citrine will restore your love of life and can attract money and opportunity. I keep a little wooden treasure chest with Citrine in it by my computer where I work. :)
Hey sounds cool.
I got the real deal so i have two.One is going in my wallet.
cheers
Old 14-05-2015, 09:46 AM
Master
Fake citrine would be heat treated amethyst, and the default descriptions you read on citrine are actually for heat treated citrine, not the natural citrine.
Most citrine you see is heat treated amethyst, there's nothing wrong with it, it has all the workings you read about. Just that natural citrine has slighty different energy, but if you're looking for the typical citrine workings, heat treated is just fine.

It works on your solar plexus, issues of ego, insecurity, low self-esteem etc. Just do a Google search to find out more and skip the superficial description on 'attracts money & prosperity'. Find something more in-depth.

For some people citrine is too strong, then yellow calcite is a good alternative. Or the opaque citrine, which exists as well, has the same workings, but is more subtle and gentle.

I have a citrine crystal home healer (tumbles in a glas bottle, programmed to keep the entire house clean and to cleanse and recharge themselves), a larger clear, natural citrine channeling crystal point and two other smaller ones. One I'm not sure of that it's natural, as it has a slightly more lemony tinge. Also has a fairy inside it, formed by fractures and thus rainbows. Gorgeous crystal!

For me citrine is like a sun, either in your home or your own energy system. It lifts spirits, brightens your mood, it is highly protective, repels negative energies.
It's my favourite crystal, but the thing about attracting money ... if that was the case, I should've been filthy rich by now, lol.
Of course wealth is not money, and I do believe it can help with that. Attract good fortune, prosperity etc. But that's not why I got it and love it. For me it's what it does for you on solar plexus level.
Old 15-05-2015, 06:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Fake citrine would be heat treated amethyst, and the default descriptions you read on citrine are actually for heat treated citrine, not the natural citrine.
Most citrine you see is heat treated amethyst, there's nothing wrong with it, it has all the workings you read about. Just that natural citrine has slighty different energy, but if you're looking for the typical citrine workings, heat treated is just fine.

It works on your solar plexus, issues of ego, insecurity, low self-esteem etc. Just do a Google search to find out more and skip the superficial description on 'attracts money & prosperity'. Find something more in-depth.

For some people citrine is too strong, then yellow calcite is a good alternative. Or the opaque citrine, which exists as well, has the same workings, but is more subtle and gentle.

I have a citrine crystal home healer (tumbles in a glas bottle, programmed to keep the entire house clean and to cleanse and recharge themselves), a larger clear, natural citrine channeling crystal point and two other smaller ones. One I'm not sure of that it's natural, as it has a slightly more lemony tinge. Also has a fairy inside it, formed by fractures and thus rainbows. Gorgeous crystal!

For me citrine is like a sun, either in your home or your own energy system. It lifts spirits, brightens your mood, it is highly protective, repels negative energies.
It's my favourite crystal, but the thing about attracting money ... if that was the case, I should've been filthy rich by now, lol.
Of course wealth is not money, and I do believe it can help with that. Attract good fortune, prosperity etc. But that's not why I got it and love it. For me it's what it does for you on solar plexus level.

Thanks
I got a small pointed crystal it look like the real thing but i dont know.
Sound like a great crystal
Old 16-05-2015, 01:11 AM
Master
It's so important to buy crystals from people who do not buy cooked crystals. It's such a shame to me that crystals are cooked, to me it injures the soul of the crystal. Always ask where it was mined, if it has been cooked, and really learn how to tell the differnce between a cooked and natural citrine. I've heard it's rare to find a true citrine.
Old 18-05-2015, 04:32 PM
Knower
Natural Citrine looks a lot like Smokey Quartz to me.

I've heard putting a Citrine crystal in the far-left corner of your home attracts abundance.
Old 18-05-2015, 04:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treehugger
Natural Citrine looks a lot like Smokey Quartz to me.

I've heard putting a Citrine crystal in the far-left corner of your home attracts abundance.
Depends if you got the very light variety of smokey quartz, yes. It is similar, but citrine will still have a slightly yellower colour than the smokey quartz.
When in doubt, take a picture! The citrine will look very yellow in pictures, even though it looks almost clear and colourless when you look at it. The smokey quartz won't have that yellow look at all. It's more of a golden beige, but not yellow.
Old 18-05-2015, 04:58 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Depends if you got the very light variety of smokey quartz, yes. It is similar, but citrine will still have a slightly yellower colour than the smokey quartz.
When in doubt, take a picture! The citrine will look very yellow in pictures, even though it looks almost clear and colourless when you look at it. The smokey quartz won't have that yellow look at all. It's more of a golden beige, but not yellow.

Good to know, FairyCrystal!! Thanks for the info!