Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 03-05-2015, 10:56 AM
Knower

How to know if love reciprocates

I have no experience with love, it just happened recently and I'm not good at reading between lines so its eating me up inside not knowing if this girl loves me the way I do her. I met her at a spiritual ceremony involving entheogens which we stayed at for 3 days. Apparently I was in her visions and I helped her, she also walked into one of my visions in which I saw her cry (about 2 seconds before I heard a physical cry coming from the room she was in) and I actually felt the emotions with the cry, there was something good in there which felt like love. I think thats when this love thing started in me. Anyhow, she gave me an item which she says is of immense importance to her, she gave it to me because she says she found it by coincidence next to something of mine and took it as fate that she was supposed to give it to me (the reasoning is deeper than that sounds, the item of mine was my offering/sacrifice for the ceremony so she found her item on the alter next to my offering). I was heavily sleep deprived when she told me the story, I can't remember a lot of the details, all I know now is I'm in love with her now and its intensifying as the days go by. I can only contact her via email.

All the signs seem good, I had these visions where we came together and I felt this feeling of love so intense that I started crying tears of joy. She called me "truly beautiful and magical" (based on the visions she had I assume) which is what I think of her. Some crazy things hapened which make it seem like we're being brought together by some spiritual force beyond our control. Does that kinda thing happen in life? She hasn't replied to my last email yet so I don't wanna say anything else to her in case it puts pressure on her (as in she might think she has to come up with a reply) but its agitating me not knowing for sure if we can be together in the future.
Old 04-05-2015, 02:22 AM
Seeker

Sounds like you need to physically be near her again

It is easy to get swept away with thoughts and ideas of love especially if you have never been in love before. Do not focus so much on the ceremony, the symbolism, and assumed fate.

You need to spend time with her. Be with her. Person to person face to face for an extended period of time before you worry if the love is real.
Old 04-05-2015, 02:51 AM
JohnDoeMay2015

There is a story, from mathematical circles and ancient Greece. A Greek Mathematician, I believe it was Pythagoras, was lecturing one afternoon on a pure math problem. Pure math is used to denote mathematics that has no utilitarian function. Anyway, one of the students in the audience asked, "What value does this teaching offer?" Pythagoras spoke to his assistant saying, "Give that man a coin so that he may profit from his learning." The lesson was that the value was in the learning.

Love is like this. Her feelings are of no consequence to your ability to honor this feeling inside you.
Old 04-05-2015, 08:55 AM
Lorelyen

There's often confusion between "love" (especially if it's a first time) and romantic passion. If it's eating you up you're treading a path that may lead to disappointment. If I remember my own feelings as someone "coming out" into the world, I'd get passionate about someone but the ending was usually bleak.

Unless she is reciprocating in the same vein, i.e. a whirlwind romance that might just turn out to be love, the danger is unreasonable expectations. You build up hopes, expectations, assumptions about her in a relationship on the hope she's on the same wavelength...

You'll just have to wait and see, try to quell the inner fire. Your visions of what might be are just your visions. A relationship involves many compromises and in the cold light of day, once this surge dies down, things may not be the same.

Wishing you well with it, romance, love, or what. It's a fabulous feeling that should be enjoyed to the full, an ecstatic tearing apart of ones insides! A terrific build up of energy.

Old 04-05-2015, 02:43 PM
Octy

It's hard to know without her input. Check out the twin flame forum, you'll see that you are not alone with your feelings.

Hope you get the feedback you wish for (from the email).
Old 04-05-2015, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator
Why not ask directly if you can meet up, because you feel a good connection?

Then if she answers 'yes' you will know for sure if she likes you and if she is free to share time with you. In which case no matter where she is -travel to meet her!

Sometimes what happens at events like this can be magnified. A spiritual 'workshop' or event is designed to raise vibrations and bring out something at the time. It's like a hot house for a plant.

A practical approach may be the wisest move....
It doesn't necessarily mean she doesn't like you if she can't meet up. It may be because she has other obligations. Be ready to face that square-on.
Old 04-05-2015, 06:26 PM
Master
i feel that JohnDoeMay2015's response was straightforward, eloquent, and profound.
i'd like to gloss over the specifics of your story and deal with the "How to know if love reciprocates" idea directly.
i contend that we are inhabitants of a beneficent universe which always mirrors our intents back to us.
fill your heart with love, give only love, accept only love in return.
if you encounter "non-love", it is merely love in disguise awaiting your attentions and acceptance/healing energies.
i advocate that we all should respect each others "boundaries" however, since Love is a "non-invasive", gentle, supporting energy.
give as much Love as you are able, wherever permitted; and accept whatever Love is offered (as you deem appropriate).
it's all about the Law of Attraction.
Old 04-05-2015, 08:25 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
if you encounter "non-love", it is merely love in disguise awaiting your attentions and acceptance/healing energies.

I don't think so.

Ask me about men who I've non-loved waiting for their attentions. Love in disguise? I'm afraid it wasn't anything more than non-love waiting for them to go away.
Bluntly, men can be so fanciful. Sorry I can't be less realistic.

Old 05-05-2015, 07:48 AM
Master
Quote:
H:O:R:A:C:E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
I don't think so.

Ask me about men who I've non-loved waiting for their attentions. Love in disguise? I'm afraid it wasn't anything more than non-love waiting for them to go away.
Bluntly, men can be so fanciful. Sorry I can't be less realistic.

what about men you've non-loved?

my reasoning is thus: there is one unique Source for all that is. i call this source "Love".
therefore, Love is the basis for anything and everything... even things disguised as "anti-Love"
[there is no such thing as "anti-Love", since there is no opposite to Love... there is no Source except Source]
Old 05-05-2015, 08:59 AM
Knower

The feeling of love dissipated completely unfortunately. I got a reply from the girl which reinforces what I suspected, that we've got some kinda spiritual connection. Some crazy synchronicities happening. The love seemed to reciprocate to an extent in her last email. I'm wondering if this is something we can build over time. I'm finding that the idea that its possible we can be together is giving me long needed motivation to do things in life. So whatever happens, things get done. After years of low motivation, depression hell this is a true blessing for me so I'm gonna go with it.

We live in different countries so we can't meet up any time soon, but I'm pretty sure we will in the future. Its like theres some kinda spiritual force bringing us together. It feels like its the same spiritual force that caused my hardcore spiritual awakening experience years ago so I don't know whether I should be happy or worried. My spiritual awakening was the biggest spiritual kick in the *** of my life. My spiritual *** still hurts a bit from it.

Last edited by FrogWarrior : 05-05-2015 at 10:27 AM.