Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 14-04-2015, 09:32 AM
KaidaMidnight

Temperance

Hi all
I would be interested to know how others regard meanings for Temperance.. I don't mean in a reading as such, but as an individual card, what do you see?

The reason I ask is because as well as the standard meanings i.e. Balance, moderation, patience, tempering, mixing and matching etc, I know we all assign our own meanings for cards also, do any of you associate Temperance with healing
I have always seen this in the card usually emotional/spiritual healing of oneself, never physical healing.
Infact at times I will use this as the main meaning, it feels so right..
In readings I have done in the past for troubled sitters who have had breakups or emotional upheavals etc, I have gotten Temperance in certain positions in a spread and immediately see the healing quality pop out at me first and foremost! Then that's followed by and going hand in hand with, patience, co operation, balance and moderation etc, etc...
I know healing is associated with Temperance because I remember being taught that as a possible meaning many,many years ago...

So I wondered if others saw healing in this card? I would love to know your thoughts on Temperance
Old 14-04-2015, 02:53 PM
Master

Yes, I agree that the Temperance card represents "calming" and bringing about a balancing of the emotions. So with this in mind it does suggest a spiritual/emotional healing.
Old 14-04-2015, 03:01 PM
PeaceLily

Smile

When I have Temperance come up in a reading it tells me the person will have (does have) the balance, ability to see other points of view. Especially good news in a breakup.

The one thing I always feel with this card is the person has (will have) peace. So depending on the other cards, yes, for me this could be healing.

I associate spiritual healing and physical healing as being related. Many people overcome their physical defects when they develop their spiritual side.

What you feel this card means is correct, regardless of what anyone else's opinions are.
Old 14-04-2015, 03:19 PM
Experiencer
Yes, I agree. When I see the Temperance card it tells me that healing is taking place and a need for emotional stability and balance.
Old 14-04-2015, 03:32 PM
KaidaMidnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
Yes, I agree that the Temperance card represents "calming" and bringing about a balancing of the emotions. So with this in mind it does suggest a spiritual/emotional healing.

Yes, I see calming and bringing about a balancing of emotions too, I always remember many years ago I had a reading done for me, I was going through a difficult time and my head was all over the place, Temperance came up as the " present situation" and the reader explained that it showed I was unable to bring my emotions under control at the time... After the reading she summarised the whole the spread, which was really insightful, and right at the end she said " remember, time and Temperance is a great healer" that has always stuck with me and proved correct in my situation.. Thanks for insight
Old 14-04-2015, 03:36 PM
KaidaMidnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceLily
When I have Temperance come up in a reading it tells me the person will have (does have) the balance, ability to see other points of view. Especially good news in a breakup.

The one thing I always feel with this card is the person has (will have) peace. So depending on the other cards, yes, for me this could be healing.

I associate spiritual healing and physical healing as being related. Many people overcome their physical defects when they develop their spiritual side.

What you feel this card means is correct, regardless of what anyone else's opinions are.

Thankyou PeaceLily, I like the fact you associate spiritual healing with physical healing. I have never looked at it that way... It makes sense and gives me food for thought!
Old 14-04-2015, 03:45 PM
KaidaMidnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lengar79
Yes, I agree. When I see the Temperance card it tells me that healing is taking place and a need for emotional stability and balance.

Yes, I agree and that would be even more poignant as an advice or outcome card too! Thankyou Lengar79.

As PeaceLily says, what I see in the card is correct, regardless of what others may think and i wholeheartedly agree.. But it's nice when others feel the same
Old 18-04-2015, 01:40 PM
Neville

Metaphor..Well its always Metaphor with me...I liken Temperance (in Tarot) to making a cake... That is to say adding exactly the right amounts of ingredients in the right order at the right time and baking for exactly the right time at the correct heat produces the perfect cake..

However the Temperance Card advises taking time to achieve the perfect outcome(cake). It cautions against a little too much of one ingredient, not enough of another, mixing in the wrong order or baking too quickly or too slowly at the wrong temperature as the cake is all too easily ruined.

Temperance advices a cautious a deliberate, almost scientific and analytical approach..It suggests that fools really do rush in where Angels fear to tread...Theres even an Angel on most Temperance Cards...
Old 18-04-2015, 02:00 PM
Everly

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceLily

Quoting for emphasis. This is absolutely right. And all other meanings are just that: opinions. Trust yourself and trust whatever meanings you get from the cards. Be flexible, too, because meanings can change from reading to reading.
Old 18-04-2015, 11:02 PM
KaidaMidnight

Thankyou Neville for your insight, I like the way you liken Temperance to baking a cake! That makes a lot of sense..