Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Numerology, Runes etc.

Old 14-02-2015, 08:03 PM
Newbie ;)

Numerology Foreign Name Expression Number

Numerology Name Expression Number

I have been learning about numerology and the power of numbers.
I must admit, I have been quite amazed with this on its delineations.

I have come across some issues when trying to determine the Name Expression Number when converting the Alphabet letters.
I normally use the Pythagoras Letter/number conversion for all names.

Questions arise when using foreign names which do not use the standard English abc alphabet.

When analyzing foreign names that is, in non-abc alphabets, the question often arises "Do we transliterate(the name as written in the English language) into the English for a standard abc analysis, or do we analyze the name in its original language, by allocating the appropriate numbers to the letters sequentially? ". Some claim to get good results with the transliterated name.

Other opinions are that it's important to analyze the birth name, the exact name on the legal birth certificate, in its
original language, the language/alphabet used in naming the person. That means you must allocate the appropriate numbers to the letters sequentially.

It might be easier if I use an example to demonstrate what I have previously said.

Officially the Italian alphabet is made up of 21 letters instead of 26, because J-K-W-X-Y are considered "foreigner" letters
We compare this to the English as shown below:

English
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
A B C D E F G H I
J K L M N O P Q R
S T U V W X Y Z

Italian
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
A B C D E F G H I
- - L M N O P Q R
S T U V - - - Z

The question now is, do I use the Italian table above which is basically the English with the foreign letters removed or do I use the following table where the letters have been moved sequentially so that there is no empty spaces.

Revised Italian
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
A B C D E F G H I
L M N O P Q R S T
U V Z

As you can see, there is now a dramatic shift in Letter/numbers

I have seen many authors have used the English table in books written in Italian and used it without problems. As it is intended for western language, it could be useless to take out the already mentioned five letters because it can lead to misinterpretation.

Has anyone else come across these issues?
Would appreciate your comments.

Thanks

Joe
Old 14-02-2015, 08:43 PM
Everly

My friend who is a professional numerologist (and makes her living at it), uses what you refer to as Revised Italian. She says it's not a good idea to make Italian conform to English. Numerology wasn't developed using the modern English alphabet, so why force it to conform? Pythagoras, after all, was Greek. Just put the letters in order, and that's that. (She uses the Pythagorean method, not Chaldean.) It's not about English, it's about the numerological energy of the letters to the numbers. It is an orderly method, not one that works well with rearrangement.

That said, whatever works, works.
Old 14-02-2015, 11:15 PM
Newbie ;)

Hi Everly

Thanks for the reply.

Instead of say English then, I will use the term Latin or Roman, from which English alphabet was derived.

From what you are saying then, any alphabet derived from the Latin Alphabet, I set it up according to what I did for what I called revised Italian Alphabet. Since the Latin Alphabet is the languages of most of Europe and those areas settled by Europeans, I would just take the alphabet of the language and add or delete and revise it accordingly.

This kind of takes me back now to the transliteration issue. If the language does not use the Latin alphabet, can I then take the language in question and transliterate to English and set up table accordingly and sequential it based on the transliterated English letters.

Thanks
Old 14-02-2015, 11:46 PM
Everly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschembri
From what you are saying then, any alphabet derived from the Latin Alphabet, I set it up according to what I did for what I called revised Italian Alphabet. Since the Latin Alphabet is the languages of most of Europe and those areas settled by Europeans, I would just take the alphabet of the language and add or delete and revise it accordingly.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. There'd be no adding or deleting. You'd put the letters in order, according to that language's rules, not adding or skipping anything.

The Hawaiian alphabet has just 13 letters.
A, B, D, E, H, I, K, L, M, N, O, P, R, T, U, V, W
So with this, for example, there's an order according to the English alphabet. But you wouldn't skip anything, you'd just put them in order. 1-A 2-B 3-D 4-E 5-H 6-I and so on.

Greek has 24 letters, so they'd be ordered the same way.

Your revised chart is spot on.
Old 15-02-2015, 01:25 AM
Newbie ;)

When I spoke about adding or deleting, I was referring to the spaces, not letters.

Basically, I would always end up with my chart as I did with the revised Italian.

You mentioned Greek had 24 letters.
I assume then I would convert each Greek Letter to English(transliterate) and then assign numbers in order as done for the revised Italian.

For Greek then A=Alpha, B=Beta, C=Chi, D=Delta, E=Epsilon, F=Phi, G=Gamma, H=Eta, I=Iota, etc.
The English letter J and V do not exist in Greek so I would have a similar situation as for the revised Italian.

If I understand properly then, Transliteration to English for any language and arranging the letters sequentially as in the English table, whether the letters exist or not, such as Italian or Greek, should give a good numerology expression number
Old 15-02-2015, 03:58 AM
Everly

Quote:
When I spoke about adding or deleting, I was referring to the spaces, not letters.

Ah. Now I understand.

Basically, I would always end up with my chart as I did with the revised Italian.

Quote:
You mentioned Greek had 24 letters.
I assume then I would convert each Greek Letter to English(transliterate) and then assign numbers in order as done for the revised Italian.

For Greek then A=Alpha, B=Beta, C=Chi, D=Delta, E=Epsilon, F=Phi, G=Gamma, H=Eta, I=Iota, etc.
The English letter J and V do not exist in Greek so I would have a similar situation as for the revised Italian.

I emailed my friend who confirmed that yes, you'd translate them to English, but keep them in the original language's order.

Quote:
If I understand properly then, Transliteration to English for any language and arranging the letters sequentially as in the English table, whether the letters exist or not, such as Italian or Greek, should give a good numerology expression number

That's what she says.

I use numerology a lot in my practice, and while I am reasonably knowledgeable, I turned to someone who's been a practicing numerologist for 30+ years. I hope this has been helpful.
Old 15-02-2015, 04:35 AM
Newbie ;)

I looked up the Hawaiian alphabet and they all primarily say 12 letters. They did not include the letter D.
They did say something about Okina ('), the apostrophe mark and is a glottal stop - or a brief break in the word sometimes called a consonant making 13 letters.

Any comments
Old 15-02-2015, 04:45 AM
Newbie ;)

Thanks for your help

To get a proper expression number then for foreign names not English, transliterate the language alphabet into the English Latin table.
Fill in the English table with what ever letters are transliterated and put them in the English table positions.
If any letters are missing revise by moving sequentially to get a run of letters with no spaces.

This should then give a proper expression number.

Thanks for all your help
Old 15-02-2015, 04:51 AM
Everly

Quote:
I looked up the Hawaiian alphabet and they all primarily say 12 letters. They did not include the letter D.
They did say something about Okina ('), the apostrophe mark and is a glottal stop - or a brief break in the word sometimes called a consonant making 13 letters.

Any comments

From Wikipedia:
The current official Hawaiian alphabet consists of thirteen letters

Hawaiian alphabet
Scroll down to "Modern Alphabet". (Okina is considered a consonant.)
Old 15-02-2015, 06:46 AM
Newbie ;)

Being Italian, I did a little test for my actual Italian name.

First I entered my Italian name using the English Table and got an Expression number of 4.
Then I entered my Italian name using the revised Italian Table and got an Expression number of 8.
Lastly I entered the English version of my name in the English table and got an expression of 6

When I compared the numbers, I tended to be more in tune with the Expression 8 number more than with the other numbers.

To me this tends to confirm using the revised Italian does indeed give a proper delineation.

Just thought I'd mention this