Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 11-02-2015, 02:30 PM
Pathfinder
Shugden :)

What are peoples views on here about Dorje Shugden?

Will this post get blocked, deleted or banned like it does on other fourms?
Old 11-02-2015, 10:38 PM
Experiencer
Deleted message.
Old 13-02-2015, 03:18 PM
beeflin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex11
What are peoples views on here about Dorje Shugden?

Will this post get blocked, deleted or banned like it does on other fourms?

I'm not sure any specific Buddha that people have in their private spiritual practice is something to express "views" about! But if you don't have this particular practice and would like to know more about it, I'm willing to answer questions :-)
Old 16-02-2015, 11:39 PM
Pathfinder
Dorje Shugden is in the practice that im learning, i just wanted to gather other peoples views due to the worship of dorje shugden in my local darma center gets frowned upon by other traditions
Old 27-02-2015, 06:35 AM
Paulus

Dorje Shugden

I have been a Dorje Shugden practitioner for many years. He is a powerful Dharma protector and spiritual ally. He often takes you through challenging situations but it's all for your ultimate benefit. I have had tantric empowerments of many Deities, and the strongest blessings are always those of Dorje Shugden. Also in group prayers of Dorje Shugden you feel those blessings.
My Guru says he is principally responsible for bringing Buddhas most precious teachings to the West.

Go for it!
Old 28-02-2015, 09:14 PM
Experiencer
Drop shugden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex11
Dorje Shugden is in the practice that im learning, i just wanted to gather other peoples views due to the worship of dorje shugden in my local darma center gets frowned upon by other traditions

Here, from the Dalai Lama and others, are the many reasons this demon (not a buddha) should not be practiced.

http://www.dalailama.com/messages/dolgyal-shugden
Old 24-03-2015, 04:56 PM
Sakyadhita

Since I practice tibetan Buddhism I thought I'd chime in here.

I'm sorry you've had experiences with places banning any discussion of this topic. I distrust censorship. I fully embrace people finding their own path and if this is a path that is helping you then I'm all for it. That being said, I speak out with much love against dolgyal because of its alignment with the Chinese government's continued pillage of the Tibetan people. It is purely a human rights issue for me and that would sully any insights or joy I could find in the practice.
Old 27-03-2015, 04:44 PM
Mrs Merrieweather

After many years of reading both sides of the issue, I have decided to explore this by actually learning the practice. I am going to "test the gold" myself. I have taken empowerments in the past and have found these practices very helpful in my meditation practices. I found a NKT center in my area and signed up for the class of the Heart Sutra, which goes into this forbidden practice. I want to see for myself, with an open mind what has caused such a division. As I was taught we decide what makes sense to us. Instead of following the flock, I will see and experience for myself and make up my own mind and opinion. I certainly agree that banning discussions are counter productive. Buddhism should not have bounderies. This is a 3 month course, starting next month, will let you know how it goes. I have studied the Heart Sutra many times, so I am not walking in blindly. Was a bit nervous to do this, but I need to step out of my comfort zone. Before I form an opinion, I want to know what is actually being taught.