Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 14-01-2015, 07:00 PM
Pathfinder
General Healing Question

I have practiced some general long-distance healing for friends, which I do feel works. I've had others do healing for me, and I've witnessed its effects!

Still, I know nothing about the logistics, save for some basic articles I've read. The steps I did read about were very beginner-level: creating a ball of white light in your hands and absorbing it into your body.

Then, I learned that you can also remove negative energy, but the article said to NOT absorb that energy, of course, nor should I send it out into the universe.

So my question is: What do you do with that negative energy!?

A friend of mine was recently undergoing treatment for cancer, and I had a clear vision of him laying on a table, his body with black spots in it. It seemed very clear to me that I was to remove those black spots, and I did, imagining throwing them away. He has been in remission ever since, and I like to think that the healing helped! But am I doing anything wrong by attempting this??

Thanks!
A
Old 16-01-2015, 04:34 AM
Experiencer
Hello A,

There are so many ways to give healing. Just find a way that feels right to you. It's not that important which modality or method you want to follow as long as it's based on the principle that you don't try to use your own energy. If you feel drawn to a visual healing method like you described, then I would say just visualize that you remove any darkness and just send it into the Divine Light. You should never absorb any energy into yourself.

I am glad to you had such great healing experience. It's a great feeling when you can help someone with healing.

Boson
Old 16-01-2015, 04:49 AM
agalo379

I knew healers who pointed the negative energy towards the earth. I don't know if that has negative consequences, but that is how they got rid of their negative energy.
Old 17-01-2015, 03:54 AM
Pathfinder
So helpful!! Thank you so much! Sending it to the "divine light" feels like the right fit for me. I can see it being "erased" as I type this -- very calming! Thank you both!
Old 17-01-2015, 11:10 AM
Ivy

I would say the only thing you are doing 'wrong' is thinking too much about whether you are doing it right or wrong.

The healing itself will guide you as you feel intuitively what to do. In my view, books or articles aimed at your thinking mind, get in the way of listening to the voice of guidance within.

You are right just as you are, trust in what's inside.
Old 18-01-2015, 05:30 PM
Pathfinder
Oh, Ivy!! I needed to hear that -- a million times, thank you!!

I am definitely a creature of doubt but working on that!
Old 18-01-2015, 06:21 PM
Master
Energy work is absolutely 100% about intention. There is no right or wrong way to do any of it. If your intention is to take negative energy from someone else you will have a degree of success that is directly proportional to the force of your intention. If your intention is to take that energy and not hold on to it then the same will,be true

So you see that what is most important is to have the correct intention. Every thing else is extra. Every technique exists solely for the purpose of helping the practitioner to focus their intention. That is why the most powerful techniques are those you invent yourself.

Specifically I use several concepts to avoid taking on negative energies. First I ground: create a connection between the root chakra and the center of the earth. This gives a place for any unwanted energy to go. Second when I finish my session, I dump out. Just bend over, touch the floor and ALLOW all energy that is not mine to flow off of me into the earth. Third, and perhaps least helpful to you, I maintain a very complex energy shield to keep unwanted energy out. All of these are nothing more than visualizations, they have no intrinsic use or value and serve only as reminders of lessons learned.