Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 12-01-2015, 07:26 PM
55Degrees

January Practice Reading #1

Ok as discussed, I've found a scenario (names removed and tweaked a little bit).

Its a 5 card reading (tarot or oracle) with what each card should represent, that way we are all singing from the same sheet music.

If you decide to re-phrase a cards intent can you please post what you have changed it to. This helps when giving feedback/comment as we can see from where the card interpretation is coming from

There is no specific arrangement of the cards for those who like to free flow read.

PLEASE STATE WHAT DECK YOU ARE USING AND INDIVIDUAL CARD NAMES

Okay, lets go......

I am a young single mum and have met a man through my job. We have 'clicked' but only as friends. I really like X and he has indicated he is attracted to me too. We message each other often, nothing heavy, but their had been some gentle flirting, and only recently he told me he was gutted when he hadn't realised I liked him in the same way. I have discovered he has a girlfriend ( it’s a relatively new relationship) but we have still remained friendly and continued to message one another. In the past 10 days though he has been blatantly blanking me. It has left me very confused as we had agreed to still be friends. Could the cards give me some insight to what is going on with the situation

Card 1 What X feels/thinks about me

Card 2 What I feel/think about X

Card 3 Hidden influences

Card 4 Advice

Card 5 Probable outcome

Post your readings below...
Old 12-01-2015, 11:24 PM
55Degrees

Basically you treat the scenario as you would an online reading you would do on the forums or for a client.

It is essential to put the name of the deck used in your reply and to say which cards are in what position. You can even mention if it a new deck that you are wanting to practice with.

Each card position represents a specific issue but there is no particular layout. This allows for everyone's unique reading style.

There is no right or wrong answer, there is no reason to wonder if it makes sense, its all about the reader's interpretation. Every reading is valid.

It is a chance for newer readers to learn how to interpret their cards, how to make a reading flow, or learn how to summarise a reading, More experienced readers have the opportunity to impart their wisdom (if they wish) or to just post their interpretation for others to see how their understanding of the cards work.

It provides an opportunity for us all to get some input on our understanding of the cards. Totally non-judgmentally and without being made to feel we don't know enough (cos nobody can know everything about tarot, its too deep).

This gives others an opportunity to learn new perspectives on the cards, how different combinations work for different readers.

Everybody here has various levels of experience and knowledge, we all have different interpretations for specific cards and more experienced readers also include various elements in their readings (e.g. numerology, astrology, reversals and kabbalah).

This is basically a learning or practice exercise for any reader who just wants to get their cards out and do some readings for the fun of it without being let down by people not giving feedback on a personal reading.

Imagine the scenario was involving a friend, a work colleague, a celebrity or a paying client you have never met before and then just go with the flow of the cards.

We never stop learning with tarot and oracles as the cards rarely mean exactly the same thing for every client.

It is a chance to;

1) Learn new perspectives on the cards.
2) Give and receive feedback on our interpretation of the cards (positive or negative)
3) Learn from each other
4) Give newer readers a chance to start doing readings in a positive environment so they can learn.
5) Support each other in our learning
6) Play with our lovely new decks until we feel we understand them better.
7) Similar to #6, we just get to play with our cards

Hope that makes the aims and objectives of this a little clearer.
Old 13-01-2015, 07:22 AM
Knower
I'll have a go it. Are take so e time though
Old 13-01-2015, 01:21 PM
Master

I'll be the first to admit I tend to stick to a single spread - I prefer to avoid "how he feels about me" questions (ethics) so hope the below spread is ok :)

Deck: Rider Waite

Card 1: Situation

Card 2: 'Need to know' <-- can be a hidden influence, important consideration, or other significant factor

Card 3: Advice

Card 4: Likely outcome

Bottom card: Queen of Cups rev. You are unhappeh on the inside but trying to cover it up on the inside :(

Card 1 (Situation): King of Swords. I get the feeling that on the surface, this man is very successful in business and articulate. He may want to 'lock something down' in life.

Card 2 (What you need to know): Knight of Wands rev. All may be good up top but it's below where we find issues. I get the feeling this guy got in a bit of a sticky situation due to restlessness/impatience. Now he's having to deal with the tricky consequences and he may not be dealing well - his reaction at this time may be quite petulant and frustrated, hence the immature behaviour. It's like he just thought he would BE at a certain point in his life by this point... but he's not. Hence the grumpy.

Card 3 (Advice): Knight of Pentacles. But don't be down for too long - I get the feeling that there's another guy about to enter your life. This one is very different to the previous one - he's more grounded, more stable... there's less change going on in his life. He's the kind of guy likely to look at you and realise you're what he's looking for.

Card 4 (Likely Outcome): 2 of Swords. I get the feeling you may end up in a position to choose between the two men - and it may not be an incredibly easy one as you are still confused and may be feeling a bit guarded from recent events.

QUINT CARD: 2, ie High Priestess. The lesson behind these current events is about wisdom and intuition. You're learning to read situations better - but also get more of an idea on what is and what isn't acceptable to you so there's less guesswork in future relationships.

Last edited by tealily : 13-01-2015 at 02:51 PM.
Old 13-01-2015, 01:41 PM
Knower
Hi all I used the guardian angel tarot for my reading here goes hope it make sense

Four of Thought
The answers you seek are within your heart, not out in the world. Attempting to think your way through this situation is probably not the path to success. Meditation and quiet reflection will make everything clear to you. Take time to withdraw from your concerns and wait for your angels to present you with the perfect solution. If you find yourself immersed in a melodramatic experience created by by others, ask for heaven's protection and then remove yourself from the situation.
You need a vacation! Take a break even if it's only for a few days. Get some additional rest. Spend time in nature. Don't rush back daily life if you've been I'll.
Additional meaning:- taking it easy, make time for spirituality, answered prayers, need more sleep.

A New Beginning

This is the moment that you've been waiting for! It's a joyful time of new beginnings when you can make bold changes in your life. Like a butterfly flying across a meadow, your dreams are beckoning you to chase after them. Lay down your fears, concerns, or uncertainties and embrace the unending possibilities available to you at this time.
An unexpected opportunity may have recently presented itself to you, or one may do so in the very near future. Take this as a sign from Heaven and your guardian angels that it's time to finally break free and be the person you've always wanted to be. Don't wait any longer begin your journey along the path of happiness.

Card 3 Hidden influences

Helper of Emotion

A person who makes your heart flutter. Someone who is dreamily emotional and romantic. A soul mate. An idealistic about romance. An artist at heart who can be a bit dramatic. Wise in matters of the heart, with clarity about what's important in life.
Your dreams romance blooms. Flowers are delivered unexpectedly, followed by whispered phone conversations in the evenings or dreams, that go on for hours and hours. It's all part of the process of falling in love! Your heart soars, and you smile more than you usually do. You even remember how to blush! The Helper of Emotion charges in with grave, poetry and knowing eyes, and suddenly nothing is the same. This may be a new person in your life or someone you've seen in your minds eye. Either way, love is in the air. Breathe deeply of it's bouquet.
Additional meanings; artistic endeavours or events, an emotional experience, new connections

Card 4 Advice
Helper of Thought
Life is going to be moving a lot faster. Events that may have seemed to be on hold now suddenly require great focus and attention. There may be a little bit of stress as you adapt to the new timelines, but it will feel better than the previous lack of action. No more sitting around and waiting- it's time to get things done! Look for creative solutions to challenges and you'll see excellent results. Although you do need to move quickly, don't forget to review the details carefully.
People-; an extremely capable person with a quick mind and a determined will. Someone who can swoop in, review a situation, and almost instantly know just what to do. Well-intentioned. Always confident of success. Courageous, idealistic, and knowledgeable.

Additional meanings of this card-; thinking outside the box, defending what you believe in.

Card 5 Probable outcome

Messenger of Action
Something new and exciting has caught your attention. Now it's all you can think about. Your passions are fired up, and you can't wait to learn all there is to know about this topic. New information regarding your favourite project or subject has just come to your attention. You want to take action, but your a little unsure if you're ready. Have no fear-you're totally ready to go. And you shouldn't delay a single day.
People; someone who shows no end to his or her creativity and enthusiasm. A person who loves to study new things, especially of an artistic or athletic nature. Someone for whom the world is so full of amazing things that it may be difficult for him or her to stay focused. Happy to be alive. Fascinated by life. Extremely talented. Game to try anything, but lacking self confidence, easily distracted.
Additional meanings; wanting to try something new, dreams come true, creative writing,messages or information from
Old 13-01-2015, 03:31 PM
55Degrees

I used the Legacy of the Divine Tarot

When I drew the cards I noticed that there were cards from every suit except the suit of Swords. I feel this is a clear indication that there has been a lack of clear communication between the two of you. You spoke of a mutual attraction, yet you were both unaware of each others feelings. This has obviously been at the root of the issue. It can also indicate that there is no communication of any form between you now.

What X feels/thinks about me - PAGE OF WANDS,
I feel this person sees you as someone who is lively and feisty, in a playful way. I feel he admires you , he sees you as having a winning personality, and this may be what attracted him to you. He likes your feisty attitude and sees you as someone who is energetic and engaging,

What you feel/think about X - X THE WHEEL
As you stated you are confused, and the Wheel confirms that your feelings about X are up and down. You sometimes feel positive about the situation, then that changes to negativity. The Wheel can sometimes indicate that this is just the way things are and there is not a lot you can do to change it, however there will come a turning point when your feelings about this man will level off.

Hidden Influences- 3 OF COINS
I feel this man may currently be distracted by his job. The card shows a man working on his skill. The current lack of communication is not, I feel, a deliberate one. He is needing to achieve something (regarding work) and this is taking his full attention at the moment . He is working hard on a project that he feels needs his full focus.

Advice- PAGE OF CUPS
I feel that he get back in touch with you at some point, it may be that you may have to message him and ask directly if there is a problem. The Page tells you that you need to open up and tell X how his ignoring you as made you feel. Although this may be a good way of opening up some dialogue about how you both feel about each other, but you may have to listen to your gut feeling as to whether this is the right time to bring things out into the open.

Outcome- KING OF COINS
I feel this friendship will get back on track and become more stable. It may be, like the King, you need to plan and be patient for things to settle down. This gives me a positive feeling that you will find some stability with this man, however the King of Coins does not bring passion or strong emotion so it may be that you have to accept this man as a friend and nothing more
Old 13-01-2015, 08:18 PM
PeaceLily

I used the Universal Waite tarot deck.

Knight Swords
He is avoiding the situation, the message he received from you was unexpected.

6 Cups
You are looking for a relationship that brings you a happy family, security.

Card 3 Hidden influences
10 Pentacles
Everything will eventually come together for a happy relationship for you.

Card 4 Advice
Page Wands
Pages bring in new, you are ready for a new relationship.

Card 5 Probable outcome
Tower
You will soon find out unexpected news that will shed a new light on this relationship. Chances are that this current relationship will come to a sudden end.
Old 13-01-2015, 09:01 PM
55Degrees

Have you noticed, in all of our readings, nit one of us see this girl getting her man?
Old 13-01-2015, 09:33 PM
Master

And we are generally all saying the same thing, too! Wow!

I didn't make it clear enough in retrospect, but I also felt the guy is very distracted by work right now.
Old 14-01-2015, 12:31 AM
55Degrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealily
I'll be the first to admit I tend to stick to a single spread - I prefer to avoid "how he feels about me" questions (ethics) so hope the below spread is ok :)

Bottom card: Queen of Cups rev. You are unhappeh on the inside but trying to cover it up on the inside :(.

That's interesting, as it seems from the question that there is an undercurrent that she is settling for the 'friendship' but deep down wanted more, and is wanting to keep this friendship going in the hope that it would develop into a love relationship. So I think your bottom card is spot on.