Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 14-12-2010, 07:17 AM
xxKatt

Darkness is oddly enthralling.

I am curious if there is anything to be said about an infatuation with darkness. Since childhood I have been enthralled by dark ideas about the human condition, myself, and my surroundings. Could this be a side affect of my personal experiences with the other side or what have you? or a personal ailment that needs to be addressed?

Katt
Old 14-12-2010, 08:25 AM
Master
No, prob cause your a capricorn. Although I actually should be asking for you to give maybe an example or two of what you mean.

Old 14-12-2010, 12:29 PM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxKatt
I am curious if there is anything to be said about an infatuation with darkness. Since childhood I have been enthralled by dark ideas about the human condition, myself, and my surroundings. Could this be a side affect of my personal experiences with the other side or what have you? or a personal ailment that needs to be addressed?

Katt

Hi Katt,

I had the same problem with darkness whole my life. I discovered that it is all because of false religious beliefs and fears. I was born to and raised by an atheist family. I don't know where these unconscious religious fears come from but after a spiritual awakening it became clear that I really have a problem.

I am more and more convinced that we really have one problem. It is fear. May be it is the same for you?

3dnow
Old 14-12-2010, 12:41 PM
ccy

Religion is full of dark ideas and negative imagery, so nothing new there really. There's also a movement in new age circles that speaks of darkness as the new light, and considers it emo-cool. So you can definitely find friends of darkness if you care to go that route and explore. Me, I look up at the bright, brilliant sun each morning and think, "Magnificent!" Prob cause I'm an Aries, ha!

Last edited by ccy : 14-12-2010 at 03:12 PM.
Old 14-12-2010, 01:16 PM
Master
There's one fundamental "problem" with focusing on darkness and it relates to our power to manifest whatever it is we are putting energy into. Basically, if you are drawn towards it, it will also be drawn towards you. So proceed, if you must, with caution.
Old 14-12-2010, 01:55 PM
shepherd

Quote:

You are not alone, my curiousity with humanities apparent dark side led me to the career I have now in helping people work through their issues. Curiousity is a powerful motivator and helps us gain knowledge in what we focus on.

Its not also true that you will draw darkness to you by focusing on it, you will notice it as your unconscious mind will treat it as a value and point it out to you consciously. You wont though suffer with bad luck as some people think. Life doesnt quite work like that or my clients with depression would be in deep trouble.
Old 14-12-2010, 02:12 PM
Kapitan_Prien

Yes it is. It is also my haven.
Old 14-12-2010, 02:25 PM
Time

Dark and light as most put them are different ends of the same thing, yet connected.

Think about what most beleif systems talk about: Love not hate, happy and never sad, doo not have sex untill your married etc. They repress natural urges and feelings, labeling them as bad.

Just the fact that we see things as "light" instantly gives power to the "dark". You cant have one without the other. Also the fact that we get angry means that it is a nessasary part of us. I think its about balance..

There is nothing wrong with being angry or sad, or depressed, or hateful, but I do think its bad to focus on one side or the other, and force natual feelings down. There is also a big diference between lashing out and letting your emotions do damage to you and others, and letting them flow through you, and excersising them naturaly. This is why art is so prevelant in ancient cultures i think. It was the best way to excorsise their inner demons. You can tell this becasue alot of the ancient art was "dar" as we put it: People getting washed up by a flood, people in war dying, people getting ravaged by demonds and what not..... How many of us actualy have a way of letting these feelings out?
Old 14-12-2010, 06:05 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:

Katt

I wonder if this is just part of human nature. I'm fascinated by the darker side to the human condition - this is why I'm doing a psychology degree! Plenty of people act out their dark sides without even being aware that is what they are doing, so the fact you're acknowledging your interest suggests to me that you have a much healthier relationship with yourself without needing to 'play' in the darkness. Many people crave drama, we only need to look at what's on TV and on the news to see that. It's when we become it that the problem starts.
Old 14-12-2010, 07:04 PM
Master
Quote:

Katt

Hello Katt,

I once read a marvelous channeled message about the creative energies that reside within darkness. I see that many of our members also have a personal alignment with this creative force, however it is not understood as well as it could be, in my view.

When you are enthralled by dark ideas, you are tapping into the prim-oral energies of creation. That is where desire rules the day and literally drives an awareness towards its goals. We have much suppressed passion in our culture. As a result, this energy is not so much about sex as it is about expression. A kind of sexual or creative expression that sings with joy and harmony. A repression created by the sex is sin mindset has built a sort of volcanic energy deep within many of us.

I suspect that nature is always seeking to balance that which is unbalanced. When we can appreciate what we have done over the last several thousand years, we can start to understand these inclinations a little better.

The present human condition was constructed through those choices that humanity has made. It will evolve or continue to devolve as a result of the choices we make at this time. How you choose to deal with your surroundings, and those in your life, will effect how you express that energy within you.

Best Wishes!!!
John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/