Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 05-11-2014, 02:00 PM
sunbeam

The healing power of cats

Hello All!
Been feeling really down for a long while and having to come to terms with a lot of painful stuff. Tried lots of healing techniques, reiki, meditating etc.
It's been slow progress though.
Just the other day I got home form work and a cat let herself in as I walked through the door!
She didn't have a collar, she seemed quite young and she was obviously pregnant. She was so affectionate and loving and I'm afraid I fell in love with her! Which is odd for me as I never considered myself a cat person before now.
She settled on the sofa with me and fell asleep purring as I stroked her.
She had such a calming effect on me and I felt all my stresses fade away.
Then my son came home and recognised the cat as one of his friends pets so she had to go home.
I felt so sad to see her go, but...I'm going to have one of the kittens when they are born!
Has anyone else noticed the healing effect cats can have on you?
I've heard of it before but I've never spent much time with cats so I never got to find out.
I'm fascinated by them now, can't wait to have one, I've gone from being miserable to feeling so excited and happy!!
Old 05-11-2014, 02:31 PM
Master
yes, of course...cats, dogs, horses, even foxes. The healing power of animals!
they are a great gift from the universe, and they find you, or you them when you most need each other.
That little pregnant cat needs to be fixed so that her life is not just about giving birth to more cats who will wander around outdoors getting pregnant. Think about what your part may be now that you have crossed paths with this animal that is going to provide you with one of her kittens and brought you such peace on a day when none was to be found.
Old 05-11-2014, 03:40 PM
Master

That's wonderful. And so true.

An animal's friendship and love is one of life's greatest blessings...

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 05-11-2014, 06:37 PM
Master
Aww, that is such a lovely story

When I'm feeling down or experiencing some type of negative energy, my cat sits on my chest while I'm lying down as if he's protecting me. I had somebody do energy work on me who said he takes on my negative energy for me. She had to clear him out because he had absorbed it. He's such a good boy

Cats definitely have a healing effect on us. Look at how calm they are. They live in the moment and stretch when they need to. It's like they're doing yoga!
Old 05-11-2014, 07:02 PM
Deactivated Account

Yes, cats are amazing.

I posted a story on here about my one and only cat. To make a long story short, as an adult, my husband bought me a cat when we first moved in together. It was my first pet. I never had a pet so I never petted or touched the cat. One day I came home from work emotional and depressed. All I wanted to do was lay down on the couch lifeless. While sleeping fetal position on the couch, this cat that I never petted or had contact with came to me and curled into my legs. I FREAKED out, but being so depressed I just stood quiet and silent and continued to sleep. We slept that whole afternoon together. It comforted me and yes, it helped made me feel SO much better. They are healing.

I adore cats.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:15 AM
Experiencer

Such a great story, and I'm glad you got an emotional lift from this wonderful chance encounter. I love our cat - he comes around and sometimes lays beside me on the floor, keeping me company, while I work at home. He also likes to jump in my lap for a quick hug. :)
Old 06-11-2014, 04:18 AM
Gryneos

In the meantime, here's the next-best thing

Quote:
Furry Friend - Frequency-Shaped Cat Purr Noise Generator

The cat's purr, without the fleas and cat hair!

Cuddling up with a purring cat is certainly a relaxing experience. Scientific studies have shown that cat owners have lower blood pressure and can live longer than humans who don't own pets!

A cat's purr is generally within the range of 40 - 200 Hz. In sound therapy, these frequencies are believed to heal injuries and relieve pain. It is also told that injured cats often purr to help soothe and heal themselves...

Whether you're not at home, can't have a pet, or just need your purr fix right this moment, this soundscape can help you relax and emulate the soothing experience of snuggling up with your furry friend - without the fleas and cat hair!
Old 06-11-2014, 04:54 AM
Master
Aww, sunbeam! Sorry the cat belonged to someone else, but it's good you're getting one of her kittens. They really are wonderful, loving creatures.

Then again, I realize I may be biased because I have an affinity with them. Most are quite affectionate with me.

@Gryneos Hahaha that's great! Especially for those with allergies!
Old 06-11-2014, 05:06 AM
Gryneos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinsoo
@Gryneos Hahaha that's great! Especially for those with allergies!
I used to have a cat (and mild allergies to him) so listening to this page does remind me of him.

It's adjustable, too, so you can make it sound like cats you've known, have, or even to just mess with your cats with you :P
Old 06-11-2014, 12:24 PM
sunbeam

Thanks all for your replies!
I've been reading up on the healing power of cats on the 'net and I never realised before how awesome they are!
Apparently it's been proven that we benefit from these therapeutic vibrations caused by the purring - lowering stress and blood pressure levels and even helping bones to heal faster. Never heard such awesomeness!