Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Indigo, Crystal, & Star Children

Old 04-10-2014, 06:19 PM
SpecialKel5

My daughter is an indigo and could use some advice

Hi everyone.
My life has been a whirlwind of changes and experiences since the unexpected loss of my loved one a bit over 2 months ago.
I'll try to be short on this.
A few weeks ago while shopping with my 16 year old daughter, she out of the blue said to me "do you ever hear voices that aren't in English?" I responded with the only thing I could... I said it must be angels or guides. Then one night we were up talking about all this stuff and she said to me "humans are inconsequential". I was stunned to say the least.
A few days later I went to the spirituality center near my house with her and couldn't ask because she stuck to me like glue.
So I went back without her and spoke to the owner and she was perplexed on the voices not being in English so she got her employee who is "gifted" and I explained it to her. She had saw her in the store with me that other day and felt something. She said she is "highly gifted". She believes she is an Indigo. I've been trying to talk to my daughter about this but she's stubborn. I have to bring her back in to see Brenda. She really wants to talk to her.
I've read up on Indigo children and it fits my daughter perfectly. 2 years ago when she was 14 I had to take her out of school because she refused to go "she didn't like anyone there" these were the same kids she grew up with all her life. She's been doing online schooling with all A's.
Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated!
Thanks
Kel
Old 05-10-2014, 03:04 PM
Master
Hello Kel,

I grieve for your loss as well. Those things are never rationally understood.

There are many " highly gifted" ones your daughter's age. They all feel quite isolated. There is a biological need at 16 to bond with girls their age. When that becomes a problem for them, they are even more alone than the normal natural feeling they would be experiencing.

Let her 'stick like glue' to you as you talk with others about her. Include her in your journey to be that great mom you wish to be. She like no other can assist you with that task. May I go so far as to say that she is most likely very telepathic with you. You can not hide a thought or a feeling from her. I feel it is best that you be conscious of this.

The biggest complaints that I hear from this age group is that parents do not "listen to me". You will say that she does not talk much. I will say that she already knows you will not listen to her.

She does know that you love her more than any one in her life. May be even the only person who loves her at this point. Still we have this thing I call the gender gap. On one side there the parent who thinks its "my job to know what is best". My response to this is that only your daughter knows best. She is a 'highly evolved' adolescent. It is you who should be seeking advice from her, not the other way around. On her side she will tell you there is a divided person. There are times she will think and feel like a child with an all wise womanly present as well. She may not want to talk with Brenda who I suspect is another 'know it all adult' like myself. We all have great advice for things we really can not appreciate.

Any way those are my thoughts and feelings on this matter.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 05-10-2014, 05:47 PM
SpecialKel5

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hello Kel,

I grieve for your loss as well. Those things are never rationally understood.

There are many " highly gifted" ones your daughter's age. They all feel quite isolated. There is a biological need at 16 to bond with girls their age. When that becomes a problem for them, they are even more alone than the normal natural feeling they would be experiencing.

Let her 'stick like glue' to you as you talk with others about her. Include her in your journey to be that great mom you wish to be. She like no other can assist you with that task. May I go so far as to say that she is most likely very telepathic with you. You can not hide a thought or a feeling from her. I feel it is best that you be conscious of this.

The biggest complaints that I hear from this age group is that parents do not "listen to me". You will say that she does not talk much. I will say that she already knows you will not listen to her.

She does know that you love her more than any one in her life. May be even the only person who loves her at this point. Still we have this thing I call the gender gap. On one side there the parent who thinks its "my job to know what is best". My response to this is that only your daughter knows best. She is a 'highly evolved' adolescent. It is you who should be seeking advice from her, not the other way around. On her side she will tell you there is a divided person. There are times she will think and feel like a child with an all wise womanly present as well. She may not want to talk with Brenda who I suspect is another 'know it all adult' like myself. We all have great advice for things we really can not appreciate.

Any way those are my thoughts and feelings on this matter.

John

Thank you John32241

Thank you about my loss. It's still fresh but I'm doing a lot of soul searching.

That was so perfectly stated. She is highly telepathic with me (and others). She says the same thing at the same time as me or something that I was just going to say. She has already isolated herself from "normal" society and all of her "friends" are all into music. She refuses to conform to the "normal" teenagers. She refuses to wear make up and the latest fashion trends.
She says she's going to be who she wants to be not what people expect her to be. She's really a good kid. No trouble with her at all.
I've talked to her about the "indigo" subject and it kind of interested her. She just won't let on but I know her.
True, she knows I love her. Also, her father walked out on her 5 years ago. That may be why she sticks to me like glue.
She does give ME advice and 99% of the time she's right! Things that I wouldn't expect a 16 year old to be able to give advice on.
I thank you for this because also she hates when I talk to other people about her. You helped me a lot.
Thanks again
Kel
Old 05-10-2014, 07:02 PM
Guide
I find that instead of mourning someone's death, celebrating the life they lived is incredibly powerful.

Your daughter will be okay. Here's a quote:

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti.
Old 06-10-2014, 04:46 AM
SpecialKel5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoughtOnFire
I find that instead of mourning someone's death, celebrating the life they lived is incredibly powerful.

Your daughter will be okay. Here's a quote:

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti.

Thank you ThoughtOnFire,
I know she will be. Your quote is on point!!!
Thanks again
Kel
Old 11-10-2014, 06:20 PM
Ivy

Kel, the best advice on this will come from asking your daughter. If she doesn't want you to talk about her to other people, then why do you feel she needs to go to a spiritual centre to talk to Brenda, because Brenda 'really wants to talk to her'.

'Spiritual' people really do like to get their teeth into those that are young and gifted. But if your daughter is an indigo, then she really doesn't need anyone else to guide her. Let her find her own way... the best thing you can do with her interests at heart, is to give her the freedom to follow her own heart but also the responsibility that comes with freedom - we learn from the consequences of our own choices.

But really, I would advise against involving Brenda, or any other spiritual people in your daughters life. If she needs to find guides, she will choose her own.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:01 AM
Ascender
Hello kel.
I apreciate your situation. I am an indigo myself and also have two daughters 15 and 14 who are too. They are great kids. Never give me any trouble but often have trouble relating to average kids their age. They are finding a lot of kids their age are also gifted though so that helps. I have helped them both get in touch with their own guides over the last year or so which has helped them. She does need to learn about her spirituality and especially how to protect herself but I agree with the others that be careful of adults that want to teach her. My parents are not particularly spiritual so I had to find my own way. My own girls I teach when they want to learn but im careful of not rushing them too. If your daughter is interested in connecting with other spiritually gifted kids her age im sure my 15 year old would love to talk to her.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:21 AM
Ascender
Oops... I posted that 3 times .. sorry. She is obviously tapping into higher planes. I get visitors and messages sometimes that dont speak english. Tell her to ask for a translator. She may be interested in the general spiritual development stuff like awakenings and higher self and souls cos it sounds like shes there already but she is 16. I find its much more interesting if you teach them about magic. Just explain that real magic is just using and controlling energy. I started with elemental energy, crystals fire water and healing and spirit guides for protection and guidance. Give her a couple books to read to get her started
Old 01-11-2014, 11:28 AM
Ascender
And tell her she's amazing for being strong enough to know who she is and brave enough to follow that. Conformity is just another name for hiding in a crowd.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:59 PM
Knower

i am a crystal child, 23. when i was 16, i had experiences but generally dismissed them… each time she acknowledges these experiences, she will become stronger in her gifts. it's hard at that age to accept metaphysical things as other things seem so much more important.
i think the best thing you could do is to give her the spaces she needs to learn and grow - such as access to spiritual groups, books, kundalini yoga classes… for her to explore for herself. she will do what she is guided to, but giving her some options on a platter will really help :)