Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 23-09-2014, 10:12 PM
wanchain wanchain is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 874
 
Common mistakes of mediumship

Not sure if my understanding is correct or not. Feel free to educate me!

My understanding of receiving messages from the spirits is like making a phone call. You call someone. They can choose to answer the call, or ignore it. Or someone else might pick up your call, and pretend to be the one you want to talk to. Or you can be connected to the one you want to talk to, but they may choose not to tell you the truth.

Uriel and Gabriel gave me these notes, on mistakes that I encountered:

1) facts and fiction

I receive messages, but the connection is choppy. I don't hear every single word. So I fill in the blanks. Hence, facts can turn into fiction as I try to fill in the blanks.

2) separation of facts from fiction

Fiction requires excessive scrutiny plus scientific manouvre.

3) snapshots of truth

Truth varies depending on time, place, people, circumstances, etc.

4) misinterpretation of facts due to emotional bias

When I am emotionally attached to a certain message, I likely will mess up the reception.

A couple of themes that I had to work on before learning more about mediumship were emotional vulnerability and ego (arrogance). Gabriel said that it's better for me to start out mediumship making all the possible mistakes, then to be right first, and wrong later.

So my first few readings were wrong, as a way to expose my vulnerability. I used to uptight about being right and accurate, and wouldn't venture to do anything that I thought would be wrong. But I was taught that making mistakes is part of the learning process.

They taught me discernment too. But I still have self-doubt. Not sure if I am imagining it all or not ~
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 24-09-2014, 04:16 AM
Jenny Crow Jenny Crow is offline
Master
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,139
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanchain
Not sure if my understanding is correct or not. Feel free to educate me!

My understanding of receiving messages from the spirits is like making a phone call. You call someone. They can choose to answer the call, or ignore it.
~

Hello Wanchain,
Imagine a cell phone that can receive messages but it has no "send" button. In other words the medium doesn't choose who's going to come through, - the spirits do-----------so it is very rare for a deceased person to pretend that they are someone else. A negative entity may, perhaps, but it's unlikely that the spirit of a deceased person would.

Is it really better to make mistakes than to do things right? Would it not be better perhaps, to go slowly in the correct way and make small but positive steps in the right direction?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 24-09-2014, 12:27 PM
vespa68 vespa68 is offline
Master
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,215
 
I guess you build confidence over time and your intuition becomes better. You learn how to interpret messages better. I'm in the same boat. I know what you mean about getting the messages wrong. It's so easy. I get images and symbols that are sometimes hard to understand so I then will use my intuition (my feelings about the images). The only thing I don't get wrong are the emotions. It's like a direct telepathy.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 24-09-2014, 03:40 PM
wanchain wanchain is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 874
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
Hello Wanchain,
Imagine a cell phone that can receive messages but it has no "send" button. In other words the medium doesn't choose who's going to come through, - the spirits do-----------so it is very rare for a deceased person to pretend that they are someone else. A negative entity may, perhaps, but it's unlikely that the spirit of a deceased person would.

Is it really better to make mistakes than to do things right? Would it not be better perhaps, to go slowly in the correct way and make small but positive steps in the right direction?

Hello Jenny,

You are quite right! One of my grandparents actually came to talk to me while I was trying to talk to someone else. He did announce himself, but I was still surprised he made contact with me. I think I asked at least three times, "who are you?"

Oh, I don't intend to make mistakes forever. The training for me was to make all the possible mistakes at the start, so that I learn discernment.

W.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 24-09-2014, 03:45 PM
wanchain wanchain is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 874
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa68
I guess you build confidence over time and your intuition becomes better. You learn how to interpret messages better. I'm in the same boat. I know what you mean about getting the messages wrong. It's so easy. I get images and symbols that are sometimes hard to understand so I then will use my intuition (my feelings about the images). The only thing I don't get wrong are the emotions. It's like a direct telepathy.

Yesterday I read a book on mediumship. There are four types: physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual. I guess it means which level of yourself is the most sensitive to energy.

Images and symbols are languages of the psyche, and are the mental type. Maybe you can ask the sender to send you thoughts instead, since that's also mental communication, so you should be sensitive enough to pick them up.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 24-09-2014, 05:59 PM
vespa68 vespa68 is offline
Master
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,215
 
I pick up sentences once in a while but it's more rare. I guess that is the strongest ability for you. I would say mine is physical, emotional, then mental. What was the spiritual part about?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 24-09-2014, 07:20 PM
wanchain wanchain is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 874
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa68
I pick up sentences once in a while but it's more rare. I guess that is the strongest ability for you. I would say mine is physical, emotional, then mental. What was the spiritual part about?

Hmm ... really? I wonder ... I think my mental psyche picks up the thoughts, then my ego/conscious mind verbalizes them. I rarely get messages in other forms. Occasionally I ask for a mental image. But I do send out emoticons (eg. ^_^), punctuation marks (eg. ???), and funny characters (eg. -->), because it is a short-cut to thought-verbalization.

Spiritual type, if I recall correctly, is sensing energy in terms of vibrational frequencies.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 24-09-2014, 07:33 PM
vespa68 vespa68 is offline
Master
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,215
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanchain
Hmm ... really? I wonder ... I think my mental psyche picks up the thoughts, then my ego/conscious mind verbalizes them. I rarely get messages in other forms. Occasionally I ask for a mental image. But I do send out emoticons (eg. ^_^), punctuation marks (eg. ???), and funny characters (eg. -->), because it is a short-cut to thought-verbalization.

Spiritual type, if I recall correctly, is sensing energy in terms of vibrational frequencies.

I see. So that means sensing a presence. Ok, that is what I'm sensitive to then.
Wondering what would physical abilities mean then?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 24-09-2014, 09:46 PM
wanchain wanchain is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 874
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa68
I see. So that means sensing a presence. Ok, that is what I'm sensitive to then.
Wondering what would physical abilities mean then?

Hmm ... I had to tune in to the book (You Are a Medium, by Sherrie Dillard) to answer your question.

Physical as in, you use your aura to sense the information. For example, I sense lower dimensional beings with my physical body, because I block my clairvoyant ability to see them. The aura connects to the subconscious, which is where the psyche sits.

Spiritual are the other clairsentient abilities (clairvoyance, clairalience, etc.) that rely on the inner senses.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 24-09-2014, 10:19 PM
innerlight innerlight is offline
Master
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,459
  innerlight's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanchain

A couple of themes that I had to work on before learning more about mediumship were emotional vulnerability and ego (arrogance). Gabriel said that it's better for me to start out mediumship making all the possible mistakes, then to be right first, and wrong later.

So my first few readings were wrong, as a way to expose my vulnerability. I used to uptight about being right and accurate, and wouldn't venture to do anything that I thought would be wrong. But I was taught that making mistakes is part of the learning process.

They taught me discernment too. But I still have self-doubt. Not sure if I am imagining it all or not ~

IMO, a method such as this, can do more harm than it can good. When a reader is just starting out, there is already plenty for them to contend with and worry about with their reading. For them to be purposely wrong, well, you can run the chance that you send them backwards in their growth.

For some, they may become frustrated with spirit in those shoes, and even quit instead of working to progress themselves.
__________________
Everything you think you know about God, God is more than that. There is no containment to God,
there is no limit to what God is. God is beyond limits.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums