Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 10-09-2014, 11:14 AM
Guide

Hotel Elevator

I was with a younger cousin, who in my waking life is growing up quite quickly and is at the age where most of my life problems started. We were in what looked like New York City. I had a card that allowed me to access a prestige hotel room in a top hotel. I couldn't afford such a thing, but with this card, I didn't have to pay anything. We went into a rounded elevator with glass windows, and I set it for a floor well over 100 (167 often comes to mind, but I could be wrong). Other strangers then joined the elevator before it set off. It was a slow elevator. I then realised I had set the floor number incorrectly, that I was in fact on a much higher floor. It was either 200+ or 500+, and yet it still wasn't considered the top. I woke up before the dream could get much further.

I've been trying to interpret this myself. The main thing I suspect is that it's either a sign that I underestimate my progress, or I'm not setting my sights high enough. But I feel like there's some more to it. Any thoughts?
Old 10-09-2014, 05:24 PM
Suspended
In the past you may have set goals that were hard to reach. This dream may mean you feel more down to Earth now. The glass windows mean you can see out of the elevator and the city around you. You can see the situation you are in.
Old 11-09-2014, 02:42 AM
Yaoughta

Hotels are transient spaces typically meant for rest and or relaxation. Since the round glass elevator was in a hotel and not a business building or some other type of structure, this is important. As Thunder Bow stated, the glass elevator means you have access to see what's going on around you.

The elevator moving slowly could mean that you should take things slowly or that you FEEL things are moving to slowly for your liking in regards to a certain situation in your life. The fact that you have access to a prestige room in a top hotel is a good thing, but the fact that you felt you couldn't afford it unless you had the "FREE access" card implies an issue with value or self worth. The fact that the elevator kept climbing and you weren't sure on what floor you were on and had set the floor numbers incorrectly could mean that you know "where" you want to go, but are not clear as to how to get there or the steps to take.

The key to this one will probably be found in feeling. If you felt happy in the dream, it probably represents progress and an indication that even if it is slow and unclear, you'll eventually get to where you're going, so enjoy the ride and don't worry. If however, you felt uncomfortable or confused or frustrated, it is probably a call for you to get clear on the steps you wish to take and where you wish to go before proceeding.
Old 11-09-2014, 05:20 PM
Guide

My mood was positive for the most part. However, there was initially some concern over the other people joining the elevator. There was some concern about time and making stops. One detail I didn't mention, because I don't remember it in its entirety, is that I said something about not wanting to wait another 30 or 45 minutes, possibly to reach my destination after realising I made an error. The pace/timing was the only real thing that bothered me.

I became aware to my error quite quickly, and changed the floor number, so I at least corrected something that was supposedly wrong.
Old 12-09-2014, 02:29 AM
Yaoughta

Then you probably feel that there are some people around you that hinder you in some way.