Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 09-09-2014, 11:31 AM
Experiencer

Planting a sunflower in empty floor

Because I love a fresh perspective on my dreams, and this forum is full of such wonderfully smart and intuitive dream interpreters, what do you think of this dream:

I had my mother's sunflowers in our living room (still with roots). They were "planted" in the coffee table. I asked my mother if I could plant one in the middle of the room, on the floor (I thought the room needed a centerpiece to uplift it somehow). After inquiring about some safety concern she had for the front door that was nearby, she gave me permission. I dug a hole in the carpet with my forefinger, but saw it was not centered in the room, so I poked a second one in a more ideal spot. I also noticed my first hole was too large and sloppy, so I made this one smaller. However, below the carpet there was about two feet of empty space before the floorboards. I tried placing the sunflower down the hole, but it just flopped over, and I was starting to bend up and ruin the stalk. I thought about maybe putting some soil between the carpet and floor board for the flower to stand up in, but I figured the little soil I could sprinkle in would never be enough. The floor was just a very inappropriate space for the sunflower.

This is not the first dream I've had about improper or broken flooring or ground in the last few months. I still don't understand what I can really take from these dreams. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 09-09-2014, 06:27 PM
Suspended
Maybe, you are not ready to put down "roots" yet.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:21 PM
Yaoughta

A good foundation is the key to any structure, including you. You are your mother's sunflower. You suggested planting one of her sunflowers in the middle of the room, so perhaps you suggested taking a stand on some issue or something of importance to you. She expressed concern over the positioning because it was close to a door and therefore exposed. It could be exposed to the unknown, exposed to the elements or just having the ability to see out the door and therefore want more for itself.

You try to establish your position or a position for the flower, but you go about it poorly. You poke too big of a hole and go about it the wrong way. You finally have your position down or where you want it, (opinions, beliefs or talking points) but you still can't make a stand and there is no soil or nourishment for the flower for it to grow and or thrive and stay alive. It keeps bending, which is an indication that it keeps giving in to a situation.

I think the above should help you figure it out from there. You'll probably be able to relate it to a certain situation now.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:14 PM
Neville

Fertility within the home is indicated to me here. growth and new beginnings from within the home setting. Because you are doing the planting this may well be something you are instigating and wishing/willing to happen.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:46 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaoughta
A good foundation is the key to any structure, including you. You are your mother's sunflower. You suggested planting one of her sunflowers in the middle of the room, so perhaps you suggested taking a stand on some issue or something of importance to you. She expressed concern over the positioning because it was close to a door and therefore exposed. It could be exposed to the unknown, exposed to the elements or just having the ability to see out the door and therefore want more for itself.

You try to establish your position or a position for the flower, but you go about it poorly. You poke too big of a hole and go about it the wrong way. You finally have your position down or where you want it, (opinions, beliefs or talking points) but you still can't make a stand and there is no soil or nourishment for the flower for it to grow and or thrive and stay alive. It keeps bending, which is an indication that it keeps giving in to a situation.

I think the above should help you figure it out from there. You'll probably be able to relate it to a certain situation now.

Thank you. That was so well put, I can relate this to my whole life, really! But I could see a specific situation playing in my mind from this vantage point.

I also can relate it to fertility, and perhaps the fears and doubts of not having proper roots or grounding established to move forward in my family life or creative life.

Perhaps also the fact that I'm trying to plant it inside my mothers home, under her approval also points to a kind of failure to launch. I'm really planting myself in the wrong place and won't flourish (I actually have my family living under my mothers roof right now, and I certainly don't feel properly supported in this environment, in that I know I'll never flourish into the true me while I'm here. I have my own path and piggybacking off my mother is never going to fly for me in the long run. And yet I'm not seeing a solution or way around it and so I just give in to the idea that it's pointless to try and fill it with my own soil.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:42 AM
Yaoughta

One of the most important things to learn and fully embrace is that everything is exactly as you think it is, so if you don't like what you see and experience, change the way you think about it. Tell yourself that you will find a solution and that you will find your own path and ask for guidance before going to bed to receive answers in your dreams.

May your path be open and blessed!
Old 10-09-2014, 11:17 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaoughta
One of the most important things to learn and fully embrace is that everything is exactly as you think it is, so if you don't like what you see and experience, change the way you think about it. Tell yourself that you will find a solution and that you will find your own path and ask for guidance before going to bed to receive answers in your dreams.

May your path be open and blessed!

This feels like a refrigerator worthy quotation. ;)