Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 02-08-2014, 11:01 AM
licianne

Help to meditate

I wonder if you wonderful knowledgeable people out there can help me to meditate.
I understand the breath method and use it, but I honestly have no idea if I actually meditate. I feel so new at this even though I have been meditating (well I think I have) for a couple of years.
I never see images in my mind, and I never hear any voices, so obviously I am doing something wrong.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-08-2014, 01:49 PM
Master
Hi
I am also a newbie so don't quote me on this.
You want to hear voices in your head???
I have been meditating for about 5 months now and don't see stuff or hear voices but i don't want to hear them and i am happy just to go in a meditative state.
I think the more u practice the quicker and more intense the meditative state will be.The stuff you see is just scenery and would be nice to see but i think it take time and practice.

I am not an expert but i think you are trying to hard you should just let meditation run its course and be happy to be in a meditation state or
I would try other meditations to see what happens maybe someone will tell you what ones to do.
I think breath meditation is a basic form of meditation maybe others will help for imagination and u will see so stuff.
Good luck
Old 02-08-2014, 02:23 PM
Deactivated Account

Experiences aren't the point of meditation.. the point is to let everything go. The more you can do that the deeper your meditation state will get and actually the more experiences you will probably have.. maybe you just haven't learned to quiet your mind that well yet?
Old 02-08-2014, 04:11 PM
Island Man

I too am relatively new to meditation.

I haven't yet experienced any 'wow' moments. I have, however, found a degree of peace while meditating and that degree of peace has been carried into my everyday life - I'm "slower to anger" for example.

I'm just going to keep practising and, even if nothing else happens, my life is already better for it.
Old 02-08-2014, 05:29 PM
licianne

Thank you all so much for getting back to me. I really appreciate it.
I do feel the peace so will just keep doing as I am.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Man
I too am relatively new to meditation.

I haven't yet experienced any 'wow' moments. I have, however, found a degree of peace while meditating and that degree of peace has been carried into my everyday life - I'm "slower to anger" for example.

I'm just going to keep practising and, even if nothing else happens, my life is already better for it.

I had the wow moment ones or twice but not for long.
I battle to stay in a meditative state but practice will help.Only ones after i meditated i felt very alert for 3 hours after and it went away and never returned since.It was like a drug i guess i want more lol.
Was very calming and peace full.
Peace
Old 03-08-2014, 04:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by licianne
Thank you all so much for getting back to me. I really appreciate it.
I do feel the peace so will just keep doing as I am.

Yep. Your way is a good way.
Old 06-08-2014, 11:05 PM
Wiseguy

I believe meditation is more than just being still and stilling your mind (that to me is the beginning.) I believe just by being still for 1/2 - 1hr isnt meditation, rather just quite time and rest. You need to feel energy in every cell of your body by drawing in all the white light and goodness from universe. When you feel a tunnel of white light stream from head to toe going through all your chakra's - this is the gateway to the higher self and talking to your spirit guides. there is a good book to help you called "The Gateway to the universe" by P Fenton - its a recount of someone else's experience to spiritual growth.
Old 06-08-2014, 11:06 PM
Wiseguy

Sometimes it takes years - dont be in a rush, Learn about cord cutting as well, if you have lots of cords then impossible to get to this state of meditation
Old 18-08-2014, 02:34 PM
onewhosearches

Frequency of Meditation

I am new to daily meditation. I'd like thoughts as to how long one should meditate when just starting the practice and how often during the day would it be beneficial to meditate?