Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 02-07-2014, 11:01 PM
ephirex

Why is my Jade losing its color?

Hi, I have a Jade crystal which losing its color. This is a crystal that I bought some years ago. In that time I wore the crystal for some time, but then I stored in my closet for years and never wore it again until now. Since June I have been using the crystal again as a shield to protect my heart chakra against psychic attacks.
The crystal is doing it's job and is blocking the attacks, but a few weeks ago I noticed it was losing it's color. I thought it was just me and maybe I was wrong but some days have passed and now it has even less color than before.

This is a picture of a jade crystal from a google search. I don't have a picture of my jade before it started losing color so I post this picture so you have an idea how it looked in its original state:

Now this is the actual crystal. I took these photos four days ago. These two photos were taken with a white table on the background. I took both sides of the crystal:

These are two more photos of the crystal but I used a white wall as background. The crystal on these photos is closer to the lamp:

So, the crystal on it's original state was green in its entirety. Maybe it had some of white. But it's actual state actually have very little green compared to how it was when I first bought it. It has become transparent and white. If you put a white light behind the crystal you can see how much color it has lost.
Why is this happening?
thanks...
Old 02-07-2014, 11:09 PM
elisi

i'm not an expert-but i've been to many gem shows and i know some dealers sell 'color enhanced' jade. which can fade. serpentine is sometimes sold as jade.

the best thing to do is go to your local rock shop and have them assess it. i won't buy my stones from metaphysical shops. while many are legitimate-the owners can be duped by the dealers. i go to geological rock shops.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:48 AM
ephirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisi
i'm not an expert-but i've been to many gem shows and i know some dealers sell 'color enhanced' jade. which can fade. serpentine is sometimes sold as jade.

the best thing to do is go to your local rock shop and have them assess it. i won't buy my stones from metaphysical shops. while many are legitimate-the owners can be duped by the dealers. i go to geological rock shops.
The shop where I bought this crystal seems like a reliable business. I bought it back in 2010. The shop is actually a Jewelry Shop, they have silver, gold, etc. and they have lots of stones/crystals. They even have raw crystals. The times I have visited that shop I always ask them about the crystals, where they come from, about their properties, and they know their stuff. So I think yes, they do sell the real thing.
There's also the timing of the color changing. Why do the crystal stays the same color for years and then when I'm wearing it then all of a sudden starts changing color?
About the color changing on the crystals on general, it seems it's very common. I think that turquoise changes color when the person who wears it is in danger, and I'm sure there are other stones like this as well.
I'm just curious what happened to my jade.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:04 AM
elisi

you got me then. lol there could be a physiological reason between the crystals in the jade and you.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:04 AM
Master
Angel1

...I've got pounamu, NZ greenstone, I was gifted it thirty years ago, I couldn't wear it until a few years ago. I had it blessed by a kaumatua and placed in the earth for months and months, sat in the sun for months after that. The colour transformed from pale green to a deep deep green. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it myself. I have also hung it in a cherry tree for weeks, just felt it needed it.

Maybe place it in the earth, marking where you placed it and leave it until it calls to you. Or place it in a tree.
Just a thought, cos is worked for me....
Old 03-07-2014, 05:41 PM
Experiencer
Jedeite and Nephrite (natural Jades) do not fade. Lower quality Jades are often dyed to enhance the color and make them more attractive, over time the dyes will fade and reveal the natural color of the stone. Either way you probably have a real Jade, it was just dyed to enhance its color. Natural rich green Jadeite is very expensive. It fading after you start wearing it is probably do to it being exposed to light more often and the material rubbing on your skin and or clothes. Same thing that happens to anything that's painted/dyed.
Old 06-07-2014, 07:33 PM
ephirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selbor13
Jedeite and Nephrite (natural Jades) do not fade. Lower quality Jades are often dyed to enhance the color and make them more attractive, over time the dyes will fade and reveal the natural color of the stone. Either way you probably have a real Jade, it was just dyed to enhance its color. Natural rich green Jadeite is very expensive. It fading after you start wearing it is probably do to it being exposed to light more often and the material rubbing on your skin and or clothes. Same thing that happens to anything that's painted/dyed.
Thanks. It seems that my crystal was dyed then.
Searching on google seems to bring two opposites opinions. Some people say it will change color, others say it will not.