Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 28-11-2010, 09:38 PM
Suspended
Guide

Chrisitianity vs. Spiritualism

Someone believes Christians are only nice because they fear God, but spiritualists are naturally nice 100% of time. I don't agree since not every spiritualist I meet is naturally nice. And not all Christians are fearful of God. Some find God loving instead of fearful. I think this person no longer likes me since I'm moving more into Christianity direction. It doesn't mean I no longer have spiritual beliefs. What are your thoughts?

Old 28-11-2010, 09:43 PM
Lostgirl

Why should Christians fear God when they say how all loving and wonderful he is?! It confuses me!

I think its sad when people of faiths are fearful of their God.

I think you can mix the two together
Old 28-11-2010, 09:52 PM
Master
oh it's all so complicated. I say go in the direction you want to go in and I say that so long as people are good and respect others and treat people with kindness and don't do mean things or hurtful things to others then whatever floats their boat is whatever makes them happy and it's no one's business what spirituality you are....
Spiritlite.
Old 28-11-2010, 10:10 PM
debbie.b

in my opinion, you either believe in one thing or another. i know spiritlite that you have said before in one of my threads that you mix & match, i just don't understand that. i wouldn't say you are wrong but it's something i personally can't get to grips with.

i have a christian friend on here & i love asking him questions & finding out about his faith & he knows i'm a non-believer in god but neither of us question the others beliefs.

spiritlite.....i agree with you that as long as people respect each other & are good & kind, it really shouldn't matter :-)
Old 28-11-2010, 10:15 PM
Master
Hi Debbie I guess I can't really explain my mixing and matching. It's kind of hard, and that's okay if yu can't grip that.....people are different. And yeah it shouldn't matter if people are good to one another :)
xo
Spiritlite.
Old 28-11-2010, 10:55 PM
Shim

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie.b

spiritlite.....i agree with you that as long as people respect each other & are good & kind, it really shouldn't matter :-)

Hate the sin and love the sinner.
Old 28-11-2010, 10:57 PM
Master
Hate the sin love the sinner, I like that.
Spiritlite
Well it depends what sin the sinner did
Old 28-11-2010, 11:19 PM
debbie.b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shim
Hate the sin and love the sinner.

but is it a sin not to have the same beliefs as others shim?? or did i read into that wrong??
nothing wrong in loving the sinner though as long as they repent their sins & ask for forgiveness..........depending on the severity of the sin that is
Old 28-11-2010, 11:22 PM
Shim

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie.b
but is it a sin not to have the same beliefs as others shim?? or did i read into that wrong??
nothing wrong in loving the sinner though as long as they repent their sins & ask for forgiveness..........depending on the severity of the sin that is

I don't know, but I think that if you leave it to many of the members I can't help but notice how closely that they are on a path of building a golden calf. And for other members, I enjoy an occasional sirloin juicy steak, regardless if others think of it wrong and yell holy cow. But I won't tell you what to believe deb, because really it doesn't matter to me. Some like the tabloids over the New York times ect...
Old 28-11-2010, 11:37 PM
debbie.b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shim
I don't know, but I think that if you leave it to many of the members I can't help but notice how closely that they are on a path of building a golden calf. And for other members, I enjoy an occasional sirloin juicy steak, regardless if others think of it wrong and yell holy cow. But I won't tell you what to believe deb, because really it doesn't matter to me. Some like the tabloids over the New York times ect...

that's it shim.....you wouldn't tell me what to believe. like i've said, i'm fascinated by religion but i have my own beliefs, not christian, not spiritual, but my own what i have always believed & probably always will. there is nothing wrong with curiosity & showing interest though.......i'm neither a tabloid nor a new york times person.