Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 27-11-2010, 05:39 PM
brightlight

is they a reason ?

hi i was wondering if you think everyone can become mediums ? or is it only special people ? i feel they must be a reason i keep coming back to wanting to develop what i have if i have anything at all i feel so strongly about it too have done for years does anyone know it it will ever happen for me ?
love and light
brightlight x
Old 27-11-2010, 05:59 PM
white_monarch

I think, personally, that everyone is capable of mediumship. Some just come more naturally to it than others. Which means those who don't come to it quite as naturally probably need to work on it more. There's also a possibility that you've blocked it out somehow.
Old 27-11-2010, 06:10 PM
HipDavid

Too many Cheifs, not enough Indians!
Old 27-11-2010, 06:24 PM
Administrator
Hey Bright Light,

I am a medium its a normal part of my life, but i know of others who want to become mediums, they need training and experience. to get to where they want to be, some have the ability others dont, it all depends on how much you use it,
but everyone is psychic but not all psychics are mediums.

Namaste
Old 27-11-2010, 06:28 PM
Experiencer
A few words from Silver Birch on development (Mediumship)

“No time that is spent in the desire for spiritual attainment is ever wasted. You wait very patiently, I know, but I want you to realize that great progress continues all the time. The bonds of unity between us are being strengthened and there is a quickening in the perceptions of your own soul powers. Growth, unfoldment and evolution are taking place all the time.

Whether manifestation of the spirit is seen or heard does not matter very much. What is more important is the unfolding of your souls’ power, for, as you sit here week after week, so you are attuning yourselves to higher vibrations and becoming more accessible to the wisdom of your ages, which is always waiting to pour itself down into your world of matter, to obey the law of service. But it must find instruments attuned to its vibrations.

And, as your souls unfold and you rise higher and higher in the scale of vibrations, so you come into closer touch with higher and greater spiritual forces, that are not seen or heard but which belong to the eternal realities of the spirit. That is the reality of your lives. So much of your time is spent in chasing the shadows, in trying to capture the illusion, in trying to secure the ephemeral. In silence, in harmony and in love, your souls unfold all the time. Though it may be slow, it is sure and certain.”

Old 27-11-2010, 06:29 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Hey Bright Light,

I am a medium its a normal part of my life, but i know of others who want to become mediums, they need training and experience. to get to where they want to be, some have the ability others dont, it all depends on how much you use it,
but everyone is psychic but not all psychics are mediums.

Namaste

That is so very true Native spirit
Old 27-11-2010, 06:48 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightlight
hi i was wondering if you think everyone can become mediums ? or is it only special people ? i feel they must be a reason i keep coming back to wanting to develop what i have if i have anything at all i feel so strongly about it too have done for years does anyone know it it will ever happen for me ?
love and light
brightlight x

Have you tried contacting your local spiritualist church, there maybe members there who know of development circles/groups?

I know from past experience, mediumship isn't for everyone. Developing takes a great deal of time, commitment and dedication.

You mention, you feel there must be a reason you keep coming back.......... You know, spirit do at times, impress upon us, you know, when we have that inner knowing/thought etc :)
Old 27-11-2010, 10:26 PM
Master
I believe everyone has the ability it's just a matter of learning inside how to do it and letting it happen if it's in your future or present to be a medium.
Spiritlite.
Old 27-11-2010, 10:29 PM
brightlight

aww thanks i am going to start delevlopment next year but i just dont know if i have anything to develop but hopefuly i have thank you all for your replys love and light brightlight x
Old 28-11-2010, 09:33 AM
LadyB.

We can all communicate with spirit.

Some are more naturally talented at it, some personalities are better suited to it.

It takes a years of hard work and patience to be become really proficient as a medium..and a lot of meditating.. I still have a long way to go to be as good as I intend to be.

A lot of people get a bit of development under their belt and unleash themselves on the world as 'mediums'. Just gives mediumship a bad name...

Also you have to be at right time in your life, stable and balanced

If your intentions are pure and you are wanting to develop for the right reasons, help will be sent your way....

Personally developing my mediumship is the best thing that ever happened to me. It's a wonderful journey and has helped me grow so much as a human being. It is hard, sometimes lonely and incredibly emotional at times.. but every day I wake excited at what spiritual adventure the day has in store for me...

I would start meditating every day even if it's just for 5 mins to start with..be a great foundation for your development!

Good luck

B
X