Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 25-05-2014, 12:30 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1 Max Tegmarks Physical Space--4 Levels Multiverse

I take specical note where Tegmark refers to space specifically as physical ergo he goes along with my idea of occupied space vs non-occupied space ideas. Finally someone other than myself is beginning to get it.

I add in the first mention of { occupied } space and Max himself uses the word physical in the his 2nd mentioning of space.
http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/...he-multiverse/
Max T}..."A more radical and potentially devastating type-B attack{ to the 4 levels } is to question the assumption that space{occupied space } can be stretched out indefinitely.

Although it’s a standard assumption in physics that physical space is continuous, with even the smallest volume containing { micro } infinitely many points, it’s an Achilles heal in the sense that we have no experimental evidence for anything truly continuous or infinite in nature.

Contrariwise, we suspect that our intuitive picture of space breaks down on tiny scales

Killing the continuum could kill eternal inflation, resulting in a Level I multiverse that is merely large but not infinite, potentially eliminating the prediction that there are near-identical copies of you far out in space."....

Here is resultant of his four levels of Universe scenarios:

.."1} Cosmological inflation generically implies Level I multiverse

2} Inflation + string landscape generically implies Level II multiverse

3} Unitary quantum mechanics implies Level III multiverse

4} The Mathematical Universe Hypothesis implies Level IV multiverse".....

http://space.mit.edu/home/tegmark/mathematical.html

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 26-05-2014, 10:42 AM
Experiencer
If we go back to the most basic of basic, we can state that all that exists, equals nothing. It is the only origin which you do not need to explain.

It does imply that for every quality or quantity, there has to be an exact opposite quality or quantity to balance it out, as everything added together will still have to add up to nothing. Among others, this would seem to imply that there is no time, at least no "net amount" of time.

Is it not possible to use this and approach the problem of multiverses from the other direction by saying that everything that is not fundamentally impossible HAS to exist? Because, as soon as something that CAN exist is found NOT to exist you just got yourself an initial question to answer. Which in turn means you still wouldn't have a theory of everything.

This would at the very least make sure a level 4 multiverse exists, but by extension seems to lead to the other modalities also existing in at least some shape or form.
Old 26-05-2014, 12:17 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1 Non-occupied and Occupied PrimarySpatial Duality/Bilaterality/Cojoined

Quote:
sarek}--If we go back to the most basic of basic,

HIi Sarek, "go back" could mean we micro-inward to to find the fundamental buidling blocks of nature/cosmos--- gravity imho ---, or we could mean "back" as in cosmological history.
Quote:
we can state that all that exists, equals nothing.

I think this statement needs clarifying i.e. there are some ideas of our inflation/expansion Universe coming from-- i.e.being created by -- a negative gravity or negative gravitational spacetime as opposed to all other bosonic forces and fermionic matter being considered as positive.
Quote:
It is the only origin which you do not need to explain.

I'm of the oppinion, that true cosmological nothingness is best defined as non-occupied space, and true somethingness is called occupied space, with the latter occupied space being a finite set, that, at minimum, can never be less than a finite set of gravitational spacetime, that eternally exists.

Ergo eternal existence makes question of cosmological origins moot.

However, there exists a 2ndary resultant set of fermionic matter and the other bosonic forces, that, may come into, and out of existence, at times of initial set of circumstations ex inflation ideas, or the big bang aftewords etc...

Quote:
It does imply that for every quality or quantity, there has to be an exact opposite quality or quantity to balance it out,

This again goes back to ideas of gravity being negative and all other bosons and fermions being positive.

I take issue with that, insofar as, our finite set of occupied space is not, and should not be, considered to be nothing. A true nothingness is only non-occupied space, that exists beyond/outside of, our finite set of occupied space, that we may give diffferrent lablels/identifiers too ex Cosmos/Universe/Multiverse/Supraverse/God{ ess }/ etc....

Quote:
as everything added together will still have to add up to nothing.

I've tried to be very clear in these regards over the years Sarek. I believe It Is the grandest illusion, however, your given "nothing" assessment has BANG! and PINCHES! to be accounted for.

We experience interference as fermionic matter, bosonic forces, gravity and any combination thereof.

So tho intellectually we can say illusion and/or "nothing" we have our sensorial experiences that lead to mind/intellect explanations

Quote:
Among others, this would seem to imply that there is no time, at least no "net amount" of time.

That appears to me, to have been the classical view by most scientists. It was only recently, with my delving into the multiverse stuff, that I came across some Lee Smolin article where he believes time is real. By real I suppose he means time is likened to a bosonic force, similar to the way gravity is considered to be an odd-bird-out, spin-3, bosonic force

Quote:
Is it not possible to use this and approach the problem of multiverses from the other direction by saying that everything that is not fundamentally impossible HAS to exist?

That sounds confusing to me. Ive been clear on this for some years, by stating this way, anything that does not violate our set, or a set of cosmic laws, may exist and probably will exist at some time or another.

You may then come back with some ideas proposed by both Lee Smolin( black hole ) and his opponents A. Linde( multiverse ) that, there can exist differrent sets of cosmic laws in differrent regions of our Universe.

If that were the case then we are not talking cosmic laws then, because cosmic means the whole finite Universe/Cosmos/Multiverse/Supraverse/God{ ess } etc...

And please allow me to give you and example of what I mean Ex there exists only 5 regular/symmetrical polyhedra of Universe and that is cosmic law/principle/absolute truth.

Quote:
Because, as soon as something that CAN exist is found NOT to exist you just got yourself an initial question to answer. Which in turn means you still wouldn't have a theory of everything.

Again, your statement is confusing to me. I refer you back to my givens before this latter comment of yours. We have via mind/inllectually identified cosmically absolute truths ergo inviolates.

Quote:
This would at the very least make sure a level 4 multiverse exists, but by extension seems to lead to the other modalities also existing in at least some shape or form.

Level-4 is the hardest one for anyone to except as it is only a mind/intellect ergo metaphysical-1 existence.

I have tried to be very clear on this point for years and do so repeatdly in all of my given cosmic heirarchies:

The primary cosmic duality is metaphysical-1 mind/intellect concepts that are not space but rather concepts of space ergo they eternally exist as a complement to occupied space i.e. we cannot have an occupied space that does not have and associated dynamic and static geometrical pattern/shape.

In the following cosmic hierarchy, please take note of the first dotted line that is there specifically to delinate metaphysical-1 mind/intellect(
above-the-line ) from non-occupied and occupied space below-the-line.

1) Metaphysical-1 = mind/intellect and any concepts thereof ex concepts of space.
..1a) absolute truths ex cosmic laws/principles,

..1b) relative truths,
....spirit-of-intention--spirit-1.....

^--above ^------------------------------------v-below-v----------------

2) Metaphysical-2 = non-occupied space--macro-micro infinite

3) Metaphysical-3 = quasi-physical gravity{ mass-attraction }--spirit-3
...occupied space finite...

4) physical/energy = fermions, bosons and any combination thereof,
...spirit-2....
....occupied space finite...
----------------------------------

"C"osmos/"U"niverse/"M"egaverse/"S"uperaverse/"M"ultiverse
.....^....inclusive of non-occupied space..^...
.....v....exclusive of non-occupied space..v...
Cosmos/Universe/Megaverse/Supraverse/Multiverse/God{ ess }/Great Mama{ X }/Great Spirit{ Y }/Great Illusion{ )( }
-----------------------------------------------------------

Observable Cosmos/Universe/God{ ess }/Great Mama{ X }/Great Spirit{ Y }/Great Illusion{ )( }
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Local universe ex our personal/individual sphere-of-influence.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

(><) = gravity
(**) = complex bilateral biological/soul
(*) = less complex biological/soul
)( = illussionary past <)NOW(< future
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Spirit-3 > Spirit-2 > biological/soul > Spirit-1 mind/intellect conceptualization of a finite Universe, which we can conceptually place ourselves outside of that conceptual whole Universe and hold it in our conceptual hands as if we were a God{ ess }.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Spirit-3 > spirit-2 > biological/soul > spirit-1 > science( childs discover of gravity/falling ) > philosophy( IN and OUT ) > subjective application thereof via self-awareness, family, humanity, ecology, Earth, Cosmos ergo eternally existent, yet finite, integral whole.

r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman