Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 18-05-2014, 11:42 PM
yumi14

is it pre-determined who we meet during reincarnation?

There is only one person I do not wish to meet if reincarnation is really real.

However, are we predetermined to have them enter our lives? If so, do we really need to stick around that person and work out how wrong things went with them in a previous life , or can we recognize them and get away quickly?

There is no way I ever want to go into a long length of time spent with this person. I just can't fathom it.

Thanks for any insight.
Old 19-05-2014, 02:36 AM
Master

If you have such a negative remembrance of this person, I would think the answer would be a big fat no, mainly because you have your walls up and would be resistance to any input. But nothing is written in stone.
Old 19-05-2014, 02:55 AM
Master
If one is so set in not wanting to see another in another lifetime then they should work on letting things go, and healing things now. Allowing forgiveness to occur, if it hasn't already, to be completely done with it. Does it mean you will never see them again? Perhaps not. You could have a stronger bond than you thought and were purposely working on the level that you chose to be at in this life.

It's best to focus on this life, and not in wondering what will occur in another life.
Old 19-05-2014, 12:49 PM
Master
It is per-determined?
To a degree, by ourselves. We make arrangement, planes how we meet.
Yes, but those planes don't always work.
And sometime we make backup plans.
By the way, people we don't like in this lifetime most likely have a totally different character in the next. And people who give us a hard time in this life are often our closes friends on the other side, or what some call Soul mates.
Old 19-05-2014, 06:18 PM
Master
The meeting is predestined. What you do with that meeting is free will.
Old 19-05-2014, 06:22 PM
Master

I feel your pain. I'm sure there are people who won't want to meet me again.

However, in another life, you will not be the same people, do the same things and perhaps things will be presented between the two of you more easily so you might both be able to work better together.

Maybe, you won't meet again.

Give it all time and remember we all walk a difficult and painful road and get things terribly badly wrong.
Old 19-05-2014, 07:40 PM
yumi14

Its funny how forgiveness was mentioned. I had the instinct fairly recently that this was an important key to releasing my bond with this person. To sever the ties, etc..

What worries me , is sometimes anger still creeps in. So, I'm working on letting this go as well.

I just want to be free from this person for good. Never to meet again in any lifetime.

It bewilders me to wonder if I was predetermined to have this person come into my life in this life. They are a person I would never have guessed to meet. This person came out of left field and really did major damage :( I'm determined to prevent this occurance ever happening again.

Thanks for the replies so far. They are intriguing.
Old 19-05-2014, 08:04 PM
Master

It is a complicated question. I think of those who have wronged me in this lifetime when I was a wee child. The suffering they inflicted on a helpless child. I have completed my healings towards each one of them to date but don't really want to have contact with them in this lifetime.

However, I love each one very much and I look forward to chatting with them in the afterlife. I have total understanding of where they each were in my childhood when those horrible things happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumi14
Its funny how forgiveness was mentioned. I had the instinct fairly recently that this was an important key to releasing my bond with this person. To sever the ties, etc..

What worries me , is sometimes anger still creeps in. So, I'm working on letting this go as well.

I just want to be free from this person for good. Never to meet again in any lifetime.

It bewilders me to wonder if I was predetermined to have this person come into my life in this life. They are a person I would never have guessed to meet. This person came out of left field and really did major damage :( I'm determined to prevent this occurance ever happening again.

I understand your feelings. I felt the same towards those mentioned above, but now that I have completely forgiven them and healed I have nothing but love towards them. For many years, I held onto my hatred and bitterness. My healing came after years of living in this toxic stew. The healing was not something I facilitated. It was a divine healing.
Old 19-05-2014, 08:12 PM
Master

I had a person in my life where I released the karma - it was one of the hardest things I did but we had a ding-dong going for several lifetimes.

I've released it from my end. However, I am not sure or don't know whether he has moved on or whether he still carries a grudge. Who knows.

I believe when we pass, we will see things with a clarity, this person above taught me valuable and precious lessons and I am grateful for teh "school of hard knocks". I hope he sees me as such with gratitude and love even if the friendship is irretrivably broken for this life.

Letting go is a constant - on and on. Anger is normal, just sit and watch it and acknowledge it - it is ok to be angry on things - injustice, etc.

Whatever this person did to you, they will have done something to themselves as well. There is no action that does not have an effect on our self.

I've recently - in the last few weeks - learnt of the power of unconditional love, of seeing others as broken and walking a difficult road and not the big monsters perhaps they convey themselves as. It's a difficult acknowledgment and it doesn't mean i go all flakey or sentimental - no, I have to protect my self. But I can look at these people who harm me - as you say left field - and realise that life is hard for them as well. And who knows what miles they have walked in their shoes.

We need to look after ourselves wiht love and compassion.
Old 20-05-2014, 12:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by yumi14

If you learn forgiveness out of it, what greater gift could this person give you?