Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 08-05-2014, 03:39 PM
Master
The Complexities of Mediumship

So, I am newish to the concept of defining my abilities as Mediumship. At first when I realized this ability to lock onto energies both living and departed was regarded as Mediumship and that it was supposed to be used to help the departed connect to their loved ones, I thought that meant I had to approach people with "Messages". I actually did approach one on the forum but I am finding that maybe my gift works through me in an entirely different way.

It seems lately when I am in the company of others they will venture on to the topic of their departed loved ones all on their own and when I just provide them that space to open up about it they get so much relief. I don't have to tell them their loved ones are working through me in any way. They just feel the space to open up about it and for me it is kind of a beautiful thing. Because it is like in that moment I get to see them reconnect with their loved one.

On a separate note, I believe my ability can be used to heal others. I am not sure how this works exactly but I feel guided to try to use it this way. I have a neighbor who, personally I can't stand, because we are pretty sure she is a prostitute. But she also suffers from mental illness and substance abuse. I do my best to keep my distance, also because I sense a lot of very bad energy around her. But since I have been working on my protection "Spells" (not really spells but just focusing my energy on creating a protective barrier) I have started to feel that maybe now I am ready to try to focus my energy on healing her.

So, I did my first this morning. From afar, just connecting to her energy to attempt to put a protective barrier around her and start healing some of the damage in her mind. I have to say the way I feel after connecting to her energy is really discombobulating. I had to go and immediately discharge the energy into the ground and I feel I will be doing this quite frequently.

It makes me sad in a way because I recognize the energy I was picking up from her. The way my mind felt. It is how I feel when spirits are trying to communicate too much at once and I get overwhelmed only with her it was far more intense. Like what I imagine it would be like if I didn't know what it was, didn't know how to narrow the channel, harness the energy and protect myself at the same time.

Has anyone else tried this before? I could use some advice. My biggest concern is that in doing this I could be letting bad energies in.
Old 08-05-2014, 04:58 PM
Kamila

hi:)

I think it is so nice of you to want to help her but I wouldn't do that unless I had her permission to do so because it is against the law of free will. Plus you dont know what she might be into and so I would think connecting to someone's energy could be dangerous specially that u do feel negative energy from her and overwhelmed. ..Love&Light
Old 08-05-2014, 07:17 PM
Master
I guess I can see that. I shouldn't be trying to heal someone without their permission. But that puts me back where I was before I started where there is nothing I can do to help.

And the paramedics were just at her place again this morning

I don't care about changing her bad habits I just want to give her a fighting chance and good mental health seemed like a good start.

Old 08-05-2014, 07:30 PM
Kamila

hello

i believe that our intentions are a biggy and its nice that you want to help her. Have you tried talking to her?
love&light
Old 08-05-2014, 08:39 PM
Master
I am not interested in being friends with her or even friendly with her. It sends the wrong message. She likes to hit people up in the parking lot for cash and using their phones. The one time I allowed myself to reach out she had been badly assaulted. Her clothes were torn she was scraped up and bruised. She said she had been raped. I invited her into my home so we could call the police but she refused stating that the last time she had called them they arrested her. So I offered her my shower, gave her a change of clothes and a shoulder to cry on.

Like I said I am pretty sure she is a prostitute and I am not just being judgmental. Come to find out she had arranged to meet with who ever had done that to her when she borrowed my husbands cell that morning. He had overheard her confirming a time for them to be there and shortly after that time was when I was pulling into the parking lot with my kids.

Aside from the issue of her not allowing me to call the police was the fact that she was very drunk. Also hostile at times... it took a while for me to get her out of my home that day and she was back the very next morning 7am, which was right after my husband had left for work, asking to use my phone to "Call the court house" which isn't even open at that time in the morning.

I don't know what she "Really" wanted that day but I turned her away and told her I can't help her any more.

Another time she tried to approach my 12 year old boy for God only knows what but I got right in her face and told her she has no business talking to my children.

So, I want to help her but it has to be passively. I can't be her friend. There has to be a distance between us. And it has to be in a way that she can not attempt to take advantage.
Old 10-05-2014, 02:22 AM
Kamila

Wow ....the only thing I could think of is send her some light from the source...or you could send aamichael to protect her...when I see someone who really needs help and I dont have their permission to send them reiki what I do is bfore I send them reiki I say something like : if it is for the highest good of all and with the permission of the universe id like to send this person reiki....or id ask that person's guides for their permission or hs and I do reiki on them 9/10 times they receive it....hope this helps...it must be hard for you to watch her like this and have her around your kids. But you did a noble thing for reaching out to her you hv done more than any other person probably would've done for her...there is a hotline for prostitution btw maybe you could look it up and give her the phone number. It sounds like she wants out but is afraid to do anything it must be so hard for her. Im sure she feels it too but she suppresses it to survive ...the hotline would allow her to speak to someone confidentially and give her hope in a desperate situation. ...im sorry for the first reply you really are wonderful for what you did and also a great mama too ...Love&Light
Old 10-05-2014, 03:44 AM
Administrator
Hello

I came in with all that I am light switch on....so that meant that I had contact from an early age with those in spirit both the positive and what I might well judge the negative. What I came to learn is that I hold not the right to judge as that is for a much higher source than I. In taking out that judgments I found that I work with what one's might well see as evil on the same level as what ones might see as the blessed. I am called to speak and work with those that have passed.

I know not the drain as I no not what its like to not be working I am on 24 /7 there is no down time of off time for me unless I take in too much drink, I have too found that does not serve me well so I gave that up. I never had an issues with the drink but man I know so many that are senstives that do but at times you would not know it. They do their work and then find the closet for the drink.

Working grounded and always working in the place where I do not have the right to judge has served me well. I trust in myself and I trust in the Guides I have with me to keep me safe and to watch over me. It too comes to having that place of self confidence in me and with me. Self LOVe and self trust I feel is key.

I work in three levels I am a Medium I am a Psychic Reader and I am a Reiki Master Teacher. I never wanted to read cards but that path opened to me when I was a teen in that cards would flash visually to me and I would then know the meanings.....so in my 40's I opened to do that work, I too was called to do healing work, as a Medium I could bring peace to those making that final transitions. What I needed was certifications for Hospice House to show that I had a Healing Morality they could insure. I had always been able to sense emotions being Empathic and bring in that Light to those needed it. Knowing what and how to say it, so it was a natural progression to combine all three as ONE. Not the norm and for many that know me they do wonder on how I am not pulled apart.....I feel whole.

Usually you pick one path but I lacked the internet til 10 years ago now when I got a computer for the kids....I learned how it worked and found that there is so much to give back via the fingers.

Bless that you have an ability that we all have, that we just do not all open up that door of our self or our Soul Journey is not for that. I feel that some of us are called to do the work that is the hardest work of all....and when we can trust and step into that space we serve others well. Letting go of the EGO is key, and working from the place of highest and greatest good is key.....I never choose to make a living from what I can do, and I have never looked back. Yet the mate I will soon be free from see's me as $$$$ signs and a waste of space as I could well be right. I could be like many on TV. Yet if he knew LOL I have been on TV behind the scenes and made a lot of money for charity he would not be pleased. LOL now that we are separate he can know.....and choke on it.

Work for yourself and from that place of your heart and you will always be OK . I am now 51 and still doing fine....the Light is protective.

Lynn
Old 10-05-2014, 03:46 AM
Deactivated Account

Here's my take on it. I personally,wouldn't want anyone to practice any kind of healing or explore my energy without my permission. When I "connect" with someone or when I engage in telepathy( I've successfully engaged though dream) I specifically ask the person I am requesting permission and I also ask that no other entities comes into range when I am in the process.

Now,I am no expert in healing and membership,but I would personally protect/bless my home surroundings and my children.The woman at some point has to use her free will to get better and get help for her problems.Unless she asks for help,she has a tough road ahead of her. I lived with an addict,no amount of church blessing and holy water and crystals made the problems go away. I know of this energy you speak of,my best advice is protect your home(which you probably already have done).This is my opinion based on my personal experience.

EDIT: Lynn popped in right when I was thinking about her,almost recommended her thinking she would offer the best advice [heart sinks,LOL]
Old 10-05-2014, 04:00 AM
Administrator
Hello

What we can do is project out LOVe and Light in a general blessing in that it touches only those that are open to receive. Much like a Healing Book in Church that one puts names in, that does not mean that the healing energy is taken in by the person in the book, it simply means that a blessing was sent as energy from the book.

There are many times when a spirit will come to me and say go up to so and so and tell them I am here....I say NO what I can do is send out energy that I am approachable to speak to. I walk out in the World open to receive so that is enough for those in need to find me.

I had the opportunity to work on Skid Row in a major city, and I had to really learn that I could not heal those there that I had to walk without judgements and know that I was there to help where I could with products we could give out not energy I could give out. It would have eaten me alive if I had gone and tried to save them all.

I spent 32 years with an addict and I learned early on that he had his path I could not heal him I could only go along for the ride he was on and grow as a person in the experiences I got. When his probation officer told me "run and run now" I was like no I will not run....he sent me to volunteer on skid row thinking there I would run....I spent almost 3 years with the program.

The mate I have healed part of the addictions but not all now I am going to be FREE to start a new life. A life for me and my kids. Work in a place free from addictions and EGO.

Lynn
Old 10-05-2014, 04:13 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
The mate I have healed part of the addictions but not all now I am going to be FREE to start a new life. A life for me and my kids. Work in a place free from addictions and EGO.

Lynn

Your story sounds oh so familiar,I am happy for your freedom,Lynn.