Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 23-11-2010, 10:35 AM
Master
Humanity ... LOVE/ LIKE/ KARMA???

Love / Like/Karma???
As I was growing up I heard .. "you have to love all others, but you dont have to like them"
I thought okay .. I have to love and forgive and turn the other cheek so to speak, help my enemy ( if I have one) up from hanging off a cliff if they were about to fall to rocks below and die.

Ahhh but is that interfering with their Karma??? especially it was some-one who did horrid deeds and accidently slipped off edge of cliff?
Is it interfering in another souls life path?

Like I thought meant .. hey I dont like how you are acting .. behaving etc etc

Any views welcomed

I ponder .. some people I feel just dont seem to radiate a pleasant vibe at all ( Icky really) they appear happy with the intent to upset others ... are they naive? mmmmmmm ... Anyway I dont like those ones .. and maybe their Karma is simply not my business!

:)'s
Old 23-11-2010, 06:53 PM
Pathfinder

Hello Smiler,
Some very interesting points you have shared. To me, the only way out of one's Karma is through forgiveness and atoning for the suffering you may have caused to others. For Karma will reap what you have sown perfectly. Forgiving others who have caused you suffering and asking forgiveness of those who you have caused suffering too. This requires some self introspection and self awareness. Something that many of those with an "icky vibe" seem not to have. And while all of this may seem all and well, I have noticed in my life certain people who just seem to get some kind of feeding or fullfillment by causing intentional suffering to others. It is like they feed off of the energy of the suffering they create.

There is an idea that some have that we should adopt a strategy of non-interference in others lives. That by trying to help others we could be hindering instead of helping,and interrupting their journey upon this world. But to me, Loving and having compassion for my brothers and sisters throws a wrench into this idea. For what good am I to my brothers and sisters if I am not willing to try and help them the best I can, Love will show you the way to help and not hinder. It may just be that they are the one's who need Love the most. On the other hand, why would I pet a Scorpion? You bring up some good points on this and I am somewhat conflicted on this myself. I believe in Loving Kindness to a point. And those who radiate with an unpleasant vibe make me feel ill at times. There is another idea I am aware of and it is that one should forgive others and let it go, and then let others reap their Karma. Sometimes karma may be the only way that certain people will learn from what they have done to others.
Much Love to you,
Saint Seraphim
Old 23-11-2010, 07:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiler
Love / Like/Karma???
As I was growing up I heard .. "you have to love all others, but you dont have to like them"
I thought okay .. I have to love and forgive and turn the other cheek so to speak, help my enemy ( if I have one) up from hanging off a cliff if they were about to fall to rocks below and die.

Ahhh but is that interfering with their Karma??? especially it was some-one who did horrid deeds and accidently slipped off edge of cliff?
Is it interfering in another souls life path?

Like I thought meant .. hey I dont like how you are acting .. behaving etc etc

Any views welcomed

I ponder .. some people I feel just dont seem to radiate a pleasant vibe at all ( Icky really) they appear happy with the intent to upset others ... are they naive? mmmmmmm ... Anyway I dont like those ones .. and maybe their Karma is simply not my business!

:)'s

Well...you're right in that their Karma isn't your business. But your Karma is. How do you think your Karma would be affected by not helping someone about to plunge to their death by slipping off a cliff's edge, even though you could?

Old 23-11-2010, 07:20 PM
Pathfinder

Good point Kaere.
Old 23-11-2010, 07:23 PM
mahakali

i have thought about this too, i think its important to help others but do not go entirely out of your way unless you feel spiritually connected to them, like my cats for instance, i feel responsible even though there karma must be struggling more than mine because i feel like it is my duty to give them as much love and help them to cross over into the human realm where im sure they will not be very good people for a wile because lets face it, they are cats. i feel like i want to guide them because inspiration can trigger someone bad to think about things that will help them evolve into having better karma, by being better people. this is just a thought i dont really believe in karma the same way, i believe that everything is fated we all must have incarnations where we are bad to know what bad is, how are we supposed to become enlightened without knowledge of everything good and evil? either way i think about my cats karma, will they be a bug or a human in there next life? will they die peacefully and gracefully be delivered into a heavenly abode before there next incarnation or will they be traumatized to the point of a horror filled abode and dwell in the hell for thousands of years? i have the feeling that i will guide them for many lives to come and see to there happiness and destiny.
Old 23-11-2010, 07:27 PM
Master
Hi Saint :)

I very much appreciate your thoughts.. thankyou so much for sharing , you have me thinking again! :)
I too believe in love and forgiveness.. I am trying to listen to the quite inner loving guidance that says.... come forth or stand back!
Maybe some-times we are called to stand up and other times give compasion and empathy and then there are the times as you said .."karma may be the only way that certain people will learn from what they have done to others"

Its such a noisy world sometimes the gentle inner guidance maybe missed, or maybe it takes time to practice listening more often??? It can appear complex and certainly confusing some-times.
I agree with what you are saying.. Again thanks for sharing!

The Icky vibe of another projecting it (purposely maybe)I cannot stay in too long these days.. there is a saying opposing energies create agitation.

There once was a symbolic story about a swan and a scorpian, have u heard it?
If not will type it out! Its interesting. And sad I feel.

Love and Light to you always Dearest Saint
:)
Old 23-11-2010, 07:36 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Each situation unfolds with its own evolving energy, i listen and respond as the situation requires for 'balance'.. i have no interest or investment in the notion of 'Karma', i understand it as another cultures interpretation of simple consequences.. as a living being, i am bound to preserve Life at all costs, even when the situation compells me to take life, it is action of the last resort and expedited with true compassion..

As far as we 'know', Humanity is unique among the diversity of the Cosmos, a most rare and precious experience.. even events of 'today', 11/23/2010, where Nations assault Nations, we threaten the very existence of this so very rare Cosmic event, the Human Experience.. Please, join me in prayer for Peace and the insight of Wisdom that the Peoples of the Koreas find Life to be more sacred than their petty differences..

Be well..
Old 23-11-2010, 07:37 PM
Master
Hi Mahakali

The spiritual connection that you speak of is very enlightening.. thanks.

Your love for your cats is wonderful.

blessings
Old 23-11-2010, 07:39 PM
Master
Hi Kaere :)

I would probadly help them.. depends on circumstances and the look in their eyes I think!
But then again what if they did some-thing horrid to a small child.. ( or my own child)? then honestly I am not sure what I'd do... Sit and pray for a moment and tell them to hang on.
What would you do?
I agree some-one elses Karma is not mine... I have my own :)... and I am trying not to build on it .

Oh I actually dont know any-one hanging off a cliff "thank god"
blessings
Old 23-11-2010, 07:49 PM
Master
Hello TzuJanLi

Thankyou for sharing your wisdom too.

quote :Please, join me in prayer for Peace and the insight of Wisdom that the Peoples of the Koreas find Life to be more sacred than their petty differences..

Most definately I will send prayers with love