Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 17-04-2014, 11:15 PM
ColourODarkness

Misremembering

I'm actually unsure what to call this thread, but I thought of a question today that I thought I'd post here

Have you ever remembered a fact or a memory about someone that turns out to not be true??

For example, since I can remember I have been utterly convinced my father is left handed, when in fact he's right handed. I've always told others that he's left handed, and it's still the first thing I think to say when people talk about what hand they write with. I have to remind myself before I say anything that he's actually right handed!!

Has anyone else had this kind of experience?? I imagine it's past life related~
Old 18-04-2014, 02:41 PM
Master
maybe it is past life related. left or right handed really is kinda black or white- its not iffy. that's interesting that you have that tendency. when I was a kid I could not sleep with my neck exposed. there was a fear that someone was going to choke me. there was no basis for this fear- it was just there. as an adult I think it was probably from a past life- no one has ever choked me in my current one! there are so many phobias that people face that really do not seem to have definable cause and I would think that having a (false) memory would probably be the same. :)
Old 19-04-2014, 06:16 AM
SpacePilot

It could be from a past life, but I am a fervent believer in parallel Universes and I see them as a sea, not as parallel lines. I remember one evening asking around about the name of the show of a certain comedian. Everyone argued he never ever had his own show. There was no way to get them to remember.

The next day, I asked again and everyone remembered the name of the show immediately and argues that I never spoke to them and that I stayed on the computer the whole night. Some parallel Universes just have these small differences that do not have all that much impact, other than we look stupid when we actually bring those specific subjects up.
Old 19-04-2014, 06:43 AM
Master

IMO the issue is not in the remembering but in the interpretation. We are often shown things in metaphor and understanding metaphor is sadly not an exact science.

There are a couple of thoughts that spring to mind about this memory. For example. Your father may well be left handed but may not have been allowed to be left handed. So there is a real perception he is right handed but this does not align with his reality. Second thought. The left hand aligns with his female side and maybe his divine goddess or femininity and intuition is very powerful.
Old 19-04-2014, 06:44 AM
Master

IMO the issue is not in the remembering but in the interpretation. We are often shown things in metaphor and understanding metaphor is sadly not an exact science.

There are a couple of thoughts that spring to mind about this memory. For example. Your father may well be left handed but may not have been allowed to be left handed. So there is a real perception he is right handed but this does not align with his reality. Second thought. The left hand aligns with his female side and maybe his divine goddess or femininity and intuition is very powerful.