Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 19-03-2014, 09:27 PM
Seeker

Take classes or?

I have been fascinated with the idea of astral projection since I was very young. I did not have these experiences personally, but was told of their aw and wonder.

After graduating college my interested was rekindled. I began reading everything I could on the subject. I meditated and prayed. I even started to have my first experiences.

After giving up practice for some time, while focusing on intertwining spirit and everyday work, I have been reinvigorated. I so desire to begin the process again and have restarted my practices.

There are several courses online (i.e. Gnostic teachings) and also a local organization (IAC) that provides a class. Has any one taken classes and been successful?

Would those adept at this skill recommended that self-development towards this end would be greatly benefited by taking a course?
Old 20-03-2014, 12:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackYardPhenomena
I have been fascinated with the idea of astral projection since I was very young. I did not have these experiences personally, but was told of their aw and wonder.

After graduating college my interested was rekindled. I began reading everything I could on the subject. I meditated and prayed. I even started to have my first experiences.

After giving up practice for some time, while focusing on intertwining spirit and everyday work, I have been reinvigorated. I so desire to begin the process again and have restarted my practices.

There are several courses online (i.e. Gnostic teachings) and also a local organization (IAC) that provides a class. Has any one taken classes and been successful?

Would those adept at this skill recommended that self-development towards this end would be greatly benefited by taking a course?
I personally haven't taken any of the courses but astral projection is a very personal thing and the method in which you most successfully project is going to be different than the next persons. So in my opinion the only thing a class could offer you would be advice on how they personally project, but since your method and technique to projecting is going to be unique it honestly might not make much of a difference. The road to astral projection for most people is more about experimentation and putting in the time practicing than it is about learning how to do it. With that said I am sure anything you could learn from one of these classes you could easily learn from reading online accounts of others or a book which I imagine would cost you much less money. Because at the end of the day the only way you're going to astral project is if you put in the man hours experimenting with different methods, techniques, and settings until you have discovered which combination of all three suits you best. Nobody else is going to be able to tell you what works best for you, it is only found through self discovery. So in my opinion I would save your money and buy or download a couple books by a couple different authors so that you have a starting point and can try their various techniques until you find something that appears to work for you personally and then you modify it until it is extremely productive. I discovered my personal method for projecting completely on accident and it produces several projections a night, dozens a week, hundreds a month, and thousands a year.
Old 20-03-2014, 12:26 AM
Seeker

Thank you for your response Astral Explorer. I have followed some of your posts and have a respect for your experience.
Old 20-03-2014, 02:50 AM
Master

I did the courses. My advice is to do the courses for fun. The courses did not help me to ap. I do not regret doing the courses as it was fun and I met people. Astral Explorer gave you very good advice. I found out that the people that give the courses cannot ap themselves. As I said, the courses were a lot fun. I cannot imagine it would be fun doing it on line.
Old 20-03-2014, 03:40 PM
mb6954

Quote:

You don't need classes. Anything you need to know about Astral Projection you can learn on the internet or through watching Youtube. Each persons experience is different same as each persons technique is different what might work for me might not work for you. So I don't see them being able to teach you anything of value. We all need to seek our own path and having someone teach you their OWN set beliefs/techniques you might hinder YOUR progress.

Astral Projection is amazing. They came quite easy to me. I don't now why because most people report that it can take ages before your ready. But then I think I had a spiritual awakening through meditation. Took me about a month before I had my first experience. I've always been very open about this kind of stuff. I've always believed there is more than what we see everyday. So I had the tools I just didn't know how to use them. Meditation helped me with that. Do you meditate? Meditation can be great for self development. I don't know what it is but it really helps.

Maybe you could tell us where you are with practicing: When you try to AP what technique do you use? What happens? We might be able to give to you the advice that you need
Old 20-03-2014, 06:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Thank you for your response Astral Explorer. I have followed some of your posts and have a respect for your experience.

No problem! Glad I could help... Let me know if you have anymore questions.
Old 20-03-2014, 08:25 PM
Seeker

I have several publications on the subject, including several that include step by step process of up to 6 or more techniques per book. So far I've been working on becoming more conscious as the brain slips into more alpha rhythms. During meditation. It feels like my consciousness leaves my body, but don't go anywhere in particular. I am aware of the physical sensations, which feels like I am in two places at once. My consciousness feels more other worldly if I could put a description to it.

I am curious if I should focus on letting my consciousness slip even further into sleep and maintain lucidness... or work on projecting my consciousness out.
Old 21-03-2014, 03:13 AM
Master
Quote:
I have several publications on the subject, including several that include step by step process of up to 6 or more techniques per book. So far I've been working on becoming more conscious as the brain slips into more alpha rhythms. During meditation. It feels like my consciousness leaves my body, but don't go anywhere in particular. I am aware of the physical sensations, which feels like I am in two places at once. My consciousness feels more other worldly if I could put a description to it.

I am curious if I should focus on letting my consciousness slip even further into sleep and maintain lucidness... or work on projecting my consciousness out.

For me my projections through sleeping and meditation will both have a slip in consciousness where I am not aware for a period of time, since I'm not aware for that time I cannot say how long it lasts but my suspicions are not very long as I have checked times a few times when it was possible. But after that slip in consciousness I will snap back into consciousness only now I am in my astral body and usually will experience something weird along the lines of noises, visions, or just strange feelings that will alert me to this fact.
Old 21-03-2014, 03:52 AM
mb6954

Yes. I get that exact same thing Astral Explorer. That short slip in consciousness. I'm certain it doesn't last very long. One moment I'm laying in bed trying to Astral Project and then for a brief moment I won't be able to see. That's followed with finding myself standing somewhere in my bedroom or floating away from my bedroom. What do you think causes that slip?

I can't project through meditation but I would never have been able to Lucid Dream if it wasn't for meditation. I use lucid dreaming to Astral Project. Luckily I become lucid quite often.

I can tell when I'm in my astral body because my vision always starts off terribly when projecting. Everything will be a huge blur. I generally need a couple of moments for my vision to readjust. Or I won't be able to stand up properly. My first experience I rolled out of my bed with my astral face nearly smashing the floor. I wasn't sure how to move my body. I've found that when I'm in the astral my body seems to feel like air that's been puffed up.
Old 21-03-2014, 03:54 AM
Seeker

In either of two distinct experiences I have had in actually rising from the physical during a slumber, I neither felt vibrations or heard high pitched noises. What I did experience was two different phenomena: a vacuum sensation maybe from my hearing senses and also some sort of physical restriction. The first restriction was the feeling of not being able to breath, this led my first experience back into the body, in which I lowered slowly into the physical at the same slow pace as I had risen. The second experience was a tight pulling around the waste, which was much more violent and it pulled me back into the physical quite rapidly.

Perhaps I should meditate on raising the vibrational frequency as I have heard some experience?