Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 19-11-2010, 04:30 AM
Master
Why aren't you Christian?

I was wondering to myself why I am not a committed Christian.

I used to be and I am seriously considering turning back to Christ and surrendering to Him again.

I seem to have a range of choices. I can try for enlightenment and become I AM. Or I can surrender to Christ and leave it in His hands. Or I can try something like Judaism or Islam and believe in God without Christ.

That is three choices: Enlightenment, Christ, and God without Christ.

Which is the best choice (for me or you)?

I don't really trust enlightenment. I have tried God without Christ and made some progress but still feel a bit 'lost'. So I'm starting to think that Christ may be the best choice for me again.

The question is to me; is He really the Son of God? Can He redeem me or not?

I Love the Christian tradition and Christian life...not necessarily in the old fashioned sense of Church every Sunday and Confession and Holy Communion etc. But in the more open way of a PERSONAL relationship with Him.

So I ask you; why are you not Christian? Do you not trust Christs word? Do you think He cannot save you? Do you think you do not need saving? Is enlightenment enough for you?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 19-11-2010, 05:10 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Or I can try something like Judaism ....
No, you can't. Being Jewish is passed down via the maternal line, i.e your mother. Unless your mother was Jewish you can't be a Jew.
You might become a muslim but woe to you if you change your mind after that.
Maybe you meant trying to be a Kabbalist, or a Sufi?

There is a 4th choice too, you could try Christ without God.

Not being a Christian for me is a no-brainer because Christianity has been taken over by all-brainers. When it comes to a crunch in one's life it is just thoughts and words (of course from the Bible), no feeling, no understanding, and worst of all, no practical help, no methods, no skills, no techniques.
Christian counselling boils down to counselling by numbers.
Had an affair? Verse x.3 must be cited.
Stole something? Verse y.14 is cited
Thinking about divorce? Verse p.7 is ideal
etc.

Christianity has lost its soul. Remnants can still be detected sometimes but only barely. It rejects the insights and accumulated knowledge of half the worlds population. Can there be anything more stupid than that?

You want a personal relationship? No problem, study Tibetan or one of the many forms of Mahayana Buddhism. The former is 'with magic' the latter without.
You will learn about a consistent system which addresses all aspects of life.
Old 19-11-2010, 05:54 AM
Master
I understand what you are saying pre-dawn, but my question really boils down to this issue; is Christ Man's (humanities) SAVIOUR?

Is He the Messiah?

Can one ever find eternal peace without Him?

I understand that I can have a personal relationship with God. But is there something more required to finally SAVE me? Like a quantum leap or something that I cannot achieve alone?

Is Christ necessary for the Quantum Leap back into eternal peace?

Old 19-11-2010, 05:56 AM
Master
I am starting to suspect that regardless of Christianities problems at the moment; Christ Himself is still the ONLY WAY BACK TO GOD!!!!

That is my query.

Old 19-11-2010, 06:05 AM
Shim

Deleted....

Last edited by Shim : 24-11-2010 at 05:59 AM.
Old 19-11-2010, 06:10 AM
supernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
I was wondering to myself why I am not a committed Christian.

I used to be and I am seriously considering turning back to Christ and surrendering to Him again.

I seem to have a range of choices. I can try for enlightenment and become I AM. Or I can surrender to Christ and leave it in His hands. Or I can try something like Judaism or Islam and believe in God without Christ.

That is three choices: Enlightenment, Christ, and God without Christ.

Which is the best choice (for me or you)?

I don't really trust enlightenment. I have tried God without Christ and made some progress but still feel a bit 'lost'. So I'm starting to think that Christ may be the best choice for me again.

The question is to me; is He really the Son of God? Can He redeem me or not?

I Love the Christian tradition and Christian life...not necessarily in the old fashioned sense of Church every Sunday and Confession and Holy Communion etc. But in the more open way of a PERSONAL relationship with Him.

So I ask you; why are you not Christian? Do you not trust Christs word? Do you think He cannot save you? Do you think you do not need saving? Is enlightenment enough for you?

This question is baselss.

Why should I be a Christian? I do not need to be religious to be spiritual. All spirituals are not necessarily religious. Krishnamurti, Osho are great spiritual masters yet they were not religions. I do not like to be Christians. By birth I am a Hindu yet I do not hold Hindu faiths and this is a diminutive idea to belong to a particular faith. This is walling myself against the rest of my brethrens and this will narrow me to the pettiness of myself. Let me realize my large universal self not this divisive Christian self
Old 19-11-2010, 06:14 AM
supernova

Quote:
I
Can one ever find eternal peace without Him?

?

The Buddha is there, Krishna is there who can salvage us. Why only Jesus. Jesus is one of the thousand prophets bornhere to salvage us down the straits of time
Old 19-11-2010, 06:15 AM
supernova

Quote:
I am starting to suspect that regardless of Christianities problems at the moment; Christ Himself is still the ONLY WAY BACK TO GOD!!!!

That is my query.

Not the only way,one of the ways
Old 19-11-2010, 06:18 AM
earthprowler

God and I have an arrangement. I believe in him and he believes in me. why does it have to be so complicated?
Old 19-11-2010, 06:24 AM
Master
Thankyou Shim!

Supernova; here is my take on the matter. Christianity is a religion, that is true.

However who is Christ? He is not Christianity. Christianity grew around His message.

But who is Christ? Is He the Messiah or not?

THAT is my question.

If Christ is THE MESSIAH than He is greater than all the other manifestations of God that we have ever known or ever will know.

He would be greater than Krishna or Buddha or anyone else - because He is coming from a higher place.