Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 16-03-2014, 08:10 PM
Seeker

AP with PTSD?

Hello everyone. Im a disabled vet with complex PTSD, came from a strong Christian background (assembly of God/pentacostal)
I have been trying to AP for a few years, reading the stories and articles on here and other places, cant seem to make it happen.

I understand the part about reaching out for your guide or whatever being/role you are comfortable with, and I dont think this is the issue at hand. With my PTSD I find it extremely hard to relax and clear my mind and even when I am able to do that, I am only able to get to the part of numbness/tingling. I am curious if the hypervigilance aspect of PTSD is keeping me from fully letting my mind open and allow it to happen.
I would welcome conversation on what some of you think about this issue.
Thanks for lettin me share and for reading.
Old 16-03-2014, 08:50 PM
Master
Hi reconsarge1975,

Is AP a good idea for you? The standard treatment for PTSD is exposure therapy with CBT or some variation of that. It will desensitize you to the things you are trying to escape from. A really good therapist can take you through exposure step by step at your own pace. You can also do this through hypnosis.

EMDR is another recommended treatment for trauma.

It is impossible to meditate when the mind is racing. You may be better off with prayer and learning how to connect with your guides.

Group support if you can get it will help too.

God bless,
Uma
Old 16-03-2014, 09:28 PM
Master

Welcome to the forum , in agrement with Uma you need to deal with your p.t.s.d
There are some methods of hypnosis and guided self hypnosis , deep breathing and yoga to deal with it .
Old 16-03-2014, 09:30 PM
Master

welcome to the forum , in aggrement with Uma you need to deal with your p.t.s.d. first . There methods of hypnosis , guided self hypnosis , deep breathing and yoga to deal with it .
Old 19-03-2014, 03:59 PM
mb6954

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Hi reconsarge1975,

Is AP a good idea for you? The standard treatment for PTSD is exposure therapy with CBT or some variation of that. It will desensitize you to the things you are trying to escape from. A really good therapist can take you through exposure step by step at your own pace. You can also do this through hypnosis.

EMDR is another recommended treatment for trauma.

It is impossible to meditate when the mind is racing. You may be better off with prayer and learning how to connect with your guides.

Group support if you can get it will help too.

God bless,
Uma

Uma definitely knows their stuff. I've done CBT before. I've got bad anxiety (I worry about anything and everything). I've had nearly ten experiences so far. My advice? Meditate, meditate, and then meditate some more. This helps to really calm the mind and stops you from being so reactive to the outside world.

I would have never been able to progress if it wasn't for meditation. You need to be completely relaxed to succeed in AP. You need to be able to shut out thoughts because once you do have an experience it's not you whose having the thoughts it's your subconscious mind. When people are having an experience and they start thinking with their conscious mind that is when they become aware of their body and when you become aware of your body you tend to find yourself back in your bed.

Meditation has helped me learn how to quiet the mind. When I do more meditation I actually find it easier to shut out outside aggressors and it's allot easier for me to AP. This also helps the quality of your experience because I've found that when your overly alert or concerned about something you tend to find yourself in the lower vibrational realm which is a place where many people don't want to be.

I'll meditate for an hour sometimes before bed. I've also found that when I meditate allot I tend to be more in touch with my intuition, I'll also get some psychic activity going on as well.

I heard my Mum calling me from inside her dream. True story. I was awake and my Mum was asleep at the other end of the house. I was laying down on my bed, I wasn't meditating but I was peaceful. I heard someone calling my name, I shot up and looked around the room, I was convinced I heard someone call my name, I took a walk around my house but everybody was sleeping. Anyway the next morning I asked my Mum if she was calling out for me that night, she said no she wasn't calling out for me, she had a dream about me and within the dream she was calling my name. I think when you AP you also open yourself up to other experiences.
Old 24-03-2014, 11:41 PM
Knower

Tried meditation? I'd google iboga + ptsd while you're at it.