Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 18-11-2010, 04:49 AM
supernova

Are Fallen Angels inferior to us?

Are fallen angels like second rate citizens? "Fallen" precedes "Angels". But still they are angels and are honored to have angelic elements. But the Devil too was an angel once, though fallen from the plateau of heaven.
Are they inferior to men or superior? Considering angelic natures they maybe closer to the kingdom of God and I see Godliness in them fused with baser elements but anyway their devilishness lowers them below human beings.

I want your comments on this

Old 18-11-2010, 05:04 AM
Master
That's a good question and I can't wait to see answers. I know the Devil was a fallen angel but I don't honor it and I don't believe it has angelic elements in my opinion...it is of the dark.
Spiritlite.
Old 18-11-2010, 05:04 AM
Master
Or wait maybe the Devil should be honored for showing us light by being dark.....
Spiritlite
Old 18-11-2010, 05:10 AM
Master
Well my true SELF is Consciousness or God, as the mind body, well, I would say they are but as my true SELF no they are lower, unless they Realize themselves that they are ONE in Consciousness, then we are all equal
Old 18-11-2010, 05:17 AM
Saladkiller

I would probably say that angels are the pieces to someone else's puzzle.

If theres a difference between humans and angels, its that we arnt extensions of someone else's experience, we were made to be our own world. In other words, an angel isnt a "person" in the traditional sense of the word, but is rather a perspective of a larger entity embodied externally.

I also dont see much difference between a "fallen" angel and regular one. If there is a difference, its simply that the power that manifested the angels became corrupt and as a result, the life moved in on itself to destroy the one who had set it forth. Anything we channel through our bodies happens to us before it happens external to the body, and afterwords, the waves of what we make come back and create the experiences that we have.

I would say that whoever created the angels was simply experiencing the result of their own power turning against them from misuse.
Old 18-11-2010, 05:17 AM
Shim

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova
Are fallen angels like second rate citizens? "Fallen" precedes "Angels". But still they are angels and are honored to have angelic elements. But the Devil too was an angel once, though fallen from the plateau of heaven.
Are they inferior to men or superior? Considering angelic natures they maybe closer to the kingdom of God and I see Godliness in them fused with baser elements but anyway their devilishness lowers them below human beings.

I want your comments on this

Angels are stronger than man however not omnipotent. Angels are in knowledge greater than man but not omniscient. Angels are nobler than man but not omnipresent. Angels have fallen before God, and man has fallen before angels. No!, how had most responded in the presence of angels? How wicked are the angels! and how wicked are men? Not all angels can be trusted, nor can all men. Not all angels are created equal, for there's only one angel in the Bible, there in the beginning of a sentence, and in the beginning that angel is there, with the capitol A of ...

Excuse the ramble,
Shim

Last edited by Shim : 18-11-2010 at 05:53 AM.
Old 18-11-2010, 05:57 AM
Shim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladkiller
I would probably say that angels are the pieces to someone else's puzzle.

If theres a difference between humans and angels, its that we arnt extensions of someone else's experience, we were made to be our own world. In other words, an angel isnt a "person" in the traditional sense of the word, but is rather a perspective of a larger entity embodied externally.

I also dont see much difference between a "fallen" angel and regular one. If there is a difference, its simply that the power that manifested the angels became corrupt and as a result, the life moved in on itself to destroy the one who had set it forth. Anything we channel through our bodies happens to us before it happens external to the body, and afterwords, the waves of what we make come back and create the experiences that we have.

I would say that whoever created the angels was simply experiencing the result of their own power turning against them from misuse.

Riddle me this...

That angel is of intelligence? the process begins whenever this angel appears? That angel is of justice, and this one? From which foul beast birthed you? ......

Intelligence can be used for evil, does this mean that that angel was defeated? Does justice ever fall for evil? Ha!

Last edited by Shim : 18-11-2010 at 06:48 AM.
Old 18-11-2010, 06:13 AM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
Or wait maybe the Devil should be honored for showing us light by being dark.....
Spiritlite
I think so.

As for the original post, it depends. A fallen angel is (usually) another name for demon in Christian theology, if they are independent entities then they would not be bound by space and time in the way we are. And they would likely have far more knowledge then we do in our current incarnation.

But that is the answer under the presumption that you believe in them.
Old 18-11-2010, 09:45 AM
SunSister

I don't think it works in terms of inferior/superior. I think it works more in terms of conscious knowledge and ability, of which humankind only has fragments at best. Fallen angels broke away from the God-consciousness out of their own free will, which is similar to the unawakened state we are in with the exception that the fallen will most likely remember more than we do. (Speaking, of course, out of the idea that these fallen angels do not incarnate into physical forms like we do. We might know and be capable of just as much as they are when we're both in non-physical form. Mayhap we are the fallen angels learning to come closer to the God-consciousness again through being incarnated here on Earth as God's most beloved creations. Who knows? )
Old 18-11-2010, 11:13 AM
Greenslade

I find words like 'superior', inferior and 'second-rate' very hard to swallow and certainly lacking in Enlightenment. Going with the metaphor (which this is) if there was no such thing as a evil there would be no such thing as good. Nobody is better than anyone else, we're all on a different Path and here for different reasons. Perhaps one of those reasons is so that people can use words like 'superior'. Perhaps instead of judging you should look at the lessons they can bring. As Spiritlite says "Or wait maybe the Devil should be honored for showing us light by being dark....." If you had no idea there was such a thing as the dark, how could you even begin to appreciate the Light never mind understand it? It is often by comparison - I Am/I Am Not - that we understand. Angels - fallen or otherwise - aren't so far away from us in that they walk their own Path for their own reasons, the very same way as we do. I do not and I will not judge anyone because of their chosen Path but I will Honour that Path. If you're going down the superior/inferior road, then maybe the Fallen Angels deserve more respect for their part in showing us the way as much as the un-Fallen Angels.