Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 04-03-2014, 02:05 PM
Master

People´s energy drains me

Help please anyone?!

When I am for period of time socially active and I cannot be alone, I am going crazy. You´ll see I am very sensitive to people´s energy and I am not living alone, so I would just want to push the other people away. Cannot live with anyone when I am also very active in the work scene.

I just feel like I want to be alone. I do not know how long I want to be alone, because I need that feeling that I am empty, so I could again be with others. Some think that I am weirdo, dont care about it much.

I just feel that I pretty much go crazy.
Have anyone experience this? What should I do?
Last night I meditated, but it did not help so much.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:24 PM
Master

Are you an empath? I know I am and I absorb other people's energy. It is hard to be around crowds of people. The older I get the more sensitive I get.

The other day I had an experience with someone. I don't see her often. She was throwing hate daggers at me the whole evening. I could feel them. She was looking for any excuse to explode. She wanted me out of there any way she could. But I hung in there. Tho she is still in town she has avoided me since that night. I have to see her on Thursday (a funeral) but I can keep my distance.

Just thought I'd give you an example of an empath.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Are you an empath? I know I am and I absorb other people's energy. It is hard to be around crowds of people. The older I get the more sensitive I get.

The other day I had an experience with someone. I don't see her often. She was throwing hate daggers at me the whole evening. I could feel them. She was looking for any excuse to explode. She wanted me out of there any way she could. But I hung in there. Tho she is still in town she has avoided me since that night. I have to see her on Thursday (a funeral) but I can keep my distance.

Just thought I'd give you an example of an empath.

Same here....ugh the drainage. (that didn't sound correct)
I also have to live a person who sucks the life out of me on a daily basis...shielding is such a chore for me, as I'm always drained when he's around....and when he isn't, I am on cloud nine.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:12 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by umbridge
Have anyone experience this? What should I do?

This may be more common than you think. People generally are one or the other on this. I know people that are energized by being around and talking with other people, they appear to suck the energy out of people. And then, when they are alone they loose energy.

Then there are people that are energized by being alone and staying away from dealing with people. When this type of person is interacting with people they give their energy to the other type of person, which is energized by interacting with people.

Sort of the "yin/yang" concept, or like the ocean tide as it goes in and out. There is nothing you can really do about it, but be aware of it and embrace what ever type you are.

mj
Old 04-03-2014, 08:11 PM
Master

I'm someone who gives my energy away! I've changed the wording from people take my energy - to I give it away!

You see in doing this then we change the record instantly. We stop being the victim that people are taking from us - and suddenly we are engaging with the power that we have.

So - @linen53 - I so well know the daggers but I can choose to accept them or not accept them.

@Hope33 - likewise - you have someone whom you know you choose to give your energy to and you exhaust yourself in the process. honour yourself so you don't give them anything, except unconditional love. If you hear them ask, and if you listen you will hear it, then gently say "no" - and advise them to connect with themselves.

As well as giving away our energy to others being not good for us, it is not good for others. They need to connect with their own journey and not distract themselves in such a way. I've met and know too many people who have exhausted me in the past - I had a cousin I would regularly stay wtih and would always sleep for hours whilst I was there and afterwards.

@umbridge so you are not alone, you have to take time out to recharge, you have to re-energise yourself and that's ok, you don't need to explain that to anyone - and you will find that in a walk on your own as much as anything. Give yourself a break for 1 min every hour where you return to yourself. It takes concentration but you will find yourself mastering the art of staying with yourself and yourself alone get more powerful. I often look at how I am feeling and saying "is this my emotion or someone else's" and if it belongs to someone else then it is sent to the ground to be processed by mother earth. If mine, then I am requested to deal with it appropriately.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:15 PM
Master

Umbridge, you are not alone in this, I have been like that since I was a kid, went through very difficult teenage years and as a young adult.
I thought at first it was the world, then I thought I had a problem, only last few years have I realised what it is and why I am this way and I'm still trying to learn how to control and deal with it.
It's a double edged sword cause in a way it has helped me sift through people who are more genuine with me, in choosing friends and so forth as being empathic you can sense their sincerity,
On the other hand it is hurtful when you do have people you love and you know if they are honest or not and if they are not it's hard to swallow.

Just have to change your mentality about it and use the plus side of it, belle is right, don't need to be a victim,
If someone is negative and you sense it that's a signal to keep away , and even with loved ones if we se something fishy we have to understand they are human and try to see why, our spidey senses can be a super power , embrace it!
Old 04-03-2014, 09:24 PM
Master
Belle you're right about choosing to give the energy away....yes, by choice I allow him to drain me....I'm just too damn drained to shield, so I say " oh, heck, here vamipire, suck the life out of me"! It's my doing..I realize this...

As for our spidey senses..(lol) with our family members whether it be first degree or not, I know why they do it and try and stay away, but they always seem to pop up un invited...just to get some pleasure out of watching me squirm....grrr
Old 04-03-2014, 09:26 PM
Royalite

I try to find a place where I can be alone. My room, go for a drive, a walk, anything.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:36 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope33
Belle you're right about choosing to give the energy away....yes, by choice I allow him to drain me....I'm just too damn drained to shield, so I say " oh, heck, here vamipire, suck the life out of me"! It's my doing..I realize this...

As for our spidey senses..(lol) with our family members whether it be first degree or not, I know why they do it and try and stay away, but they always seem to pop up un invited...just to get some pleasure out of watching me squirm....grrr

It's fine, it's normal. I got SICK TO DEATH of constant shielding and so on, but I'm finding this way actually more powerful and positive. Shielding is so defensive and yes we need to be aware but this world of being a co-conspirator really has raced the dynamic change for me as it applies to so much of life.

Families families, your most precious teachers. When it is safe to have an objective and calm think, think about the whys of these dynamic. There is something very wonderful for you to deal with. It's not fun, it's a very very bitter pill but the end result is to behold.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:41 PM
Master
You're right on all accounts...I acknowledge this, just so tired.
Have you ever seen "my big fat greek wedding"? This is what i have to deal with.
This mentality...it's a challenge.