Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 30-01-2014, 11:32 PM
Deactivated Account

What are parallel lives ?

What are parallel lives and is there really such a thing ? Or am I confusing this with another term, parallel reality ?

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 31-01-2014, 12:06 AM
Master

As I understand the concept it goes with reincarnation . We live many lives at the same time . Its an interesting concept , I dont know if it is true .
Old 31-01-2014, 12:30 AM
Deactivated Account

I heard of Parallel Universes? It's like the existence of multi-universes, including universes from of our past all coexisting together now. I am not really educated on the matter,but there is some physics,energy and possible time traveling involved.

I first heard of the term Parallel Universes when I was watching the movie, "The Rabbit hole",with Nicole Kidmen(it breifly touches on the subject). It's a good tear jerker. In short,there exists various versions of us in different dimensions or different Universes.For example,here I am right now bored out of my mind sitting on the computer in this realm(which is true,heh) while in another dimension or Universe,the SAME ME is is doing something completely different at this very moment (like kissing a man on the beach)and I am so happy and full of joy. So..It's the same me but in a different realm on a different dimension. I hope I got that right.

I am certain there are people that have a more technical and better way of explaining,that's just how I interpreted.
Old 31-01-2014, 02:00 AM
Deactivated Account

Thanks desert rat and BlueClover. I would like to be in a different realm on a different dimension, now if I could just figure out how to do this.

Expect Miracles !

Old 31-01-2014, 04:36 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
Thanks desert rat and BlueClover. I would like to be in a different realm on a different dimension, now if I could just figure out how to do this.

I think that's were Astral travel, time traveling and dreams come into play. They are memories or glimpses of our lives in the other dimensions. I wish I knew more, I get lost when people start talking about the quantum physics and mathematics of it all.
Old 31-01-2014, 09:10 AM
Deactivated Account

Yes, you are probably right about the Astral and time travelling and dreams connections. And ... you are not the only one lost when it comes to conversations about quantum physics and math

Expect Miracles !

Old 31-01-2014, 01:20 PM
Master

I had a dream once about alternate selves. It was unusual that I remembered it vividly after I woke up, and right before I drifted off to sleep I heard in my head, "give her six inches of alternate selves"..... that was when I was first reading Seth Speaks, and trying to understand some of the concepts :).

In this dream, to make a long story short, I saw "myself" - (which was so not the self that I am today) in 3 or 4 different short stories, as if I was watching a movie. One of these selves had had an affair with my boss (oooh, yuckie!) and was very hardened, but around 40ish, which would have been 10 years younger than I was when I had the dream, one of these selves had had a similar life, marrying my husband and my daughter was in it, but I came to realize later it was my future (one of the events has happened in my future), another of these selves was in the past, I was younger and entertaining my boss in my first apartment many years ago (again, can I say yucky?) and I can't remember right now the other dream I had, but I had one in my Present age. So, it was like Scrooge, I had one from an alternate self in "my past", and alternate self in "my present" and a current self tragectory in my future.

I think it was to show me what alternate selves are, which is that each decision that we make in our lives, each tiny decision, spins off an alternate self, and we have millions. It's kinda creepy to think about.

But the good news is that we can access these alternate selves if we want for learning something. Like, if you had the chance to play piano when you were younger, and you said no, I don't wanna, and your parent said ok, you could have an alternate self that said yes, and learned to play the piano. So, as yourself today, if you decided to take lessons to learn the piano, it would come easily to you, because one of your "selves" already knows how. So that part is cool.
Old 31-01-2014, 02:25 PM
Deactivated Account

That was a very interesting dream Nameless. I have had a dream or two, which was like viewing movie clips, but they were random scenes not about me. Past, present and future visuals kind of cool I think. Thank you for sharing.

Expect Miracles !

Old 31-01-2014, 08:43 PM
Master

Parallel lives are probably like parallel lines - they never intersect.
Old 01-02-2014, 04:58 AM
Experiencer
While I do not have any special knowledge of parallel lives per se -- I have read some interesting articles and watched some videos by people who seem to know what they are talking about regarding this concept.

One way you might make sense of this concept is to first recognize that in this physical realm, time is arbitrarily linear and constant. However, in our natural energetic realm, time is not linear or constant. I have heard it (time) should not be viewed as linear and it is better represented as static or stacked (but even this was not fully indicative). As a software engineer, I believe I can relate to this abstract concept in that time is perhaps multi-threaded, maybe recursive and/or inherited in nature. Accordingly, there is a point A and point B but the gap - or space and/or time between them is non existent. This is a unit of measurement we only use in our physical reality.

In physics, there is no time if there is no spatial dimension in our reality and practical understanding. The two are related to one another in that they are both based on Euclidean coordinate systems which again is nothing but an abstract system of measurement (4 dimensions: 3 spatial (x,y,z) + 1 time). It is my understanding if you remove one of these dimensions, math still works but physics does not. I like what Albert Einstein said about this subject matter -- the reason we have space and time in this universe is so everything would not happen at once. In this sense, perhaps everything did happen at once - ergo the construct of physics and the idea or concept of parallel lives that is possible in other realms. Who knows, I find it all very fascinating to think about.

I don't know if this helped, but I figured I would throw it out there. :)