Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 15-12-2013, 10:04 PM
Pathfinder
What are your thoughts in Shamballa?

I heard that Shamballa was a non-physical place in which most of our parallel lives would be lived in. Here is the article I read: http://home.tiscali.nl/gibbon/ssoa/parallel.htm
Old 17-12-2013, 05:48 PM
sahaja

Mention astral projection or travel and there's only one place for me to go, to be ever. Shambhala.

Not to be confused with the Shambhala of war that has been interpreted by some from the Kalachakra Tantra of Oddiyana in India. There are things highly suspect about the origin of that story. It was an argument i got into on another Buddhist forum, not the Spiritual Forums one, that prompted me to look into the history of Shambhala. I thought it funny that i was in a sense searching for Shambhala after already having been there many times.

We were told by our Teacher that although Shambhala once had a physical existence on Earth the the area came under attack and they transported it entirely into the astral realm. Perhaps about the time of Alexander the Great as i do believe it's his throne in our Temple there. I suspect however there may be 'gateways' yet of a sort in 'mystical places' on Earth.

Members of our Sangha are taken to Shambhala by our teachers for lessons and initiations. Astral projection is encouraged and possibly developed or enhanced through the use of our yogas. Some Sangha members learn to get there on their own. Well, the Astral Projection section of the forum is a good place for the idea of what that's like. Not exactly like getting to the grocery store. I do have some funny stories to tell about it though. My Sangha is tantric Vajrayana tradition, Tibetan, Dzogchen, under the auspices of Buddhism. This is the tradition founded by the mahasiddhas of India and Tibet and the Bon. Shambhala and Buddhism itself has a celestial source and beginning. Our Sangha is new and founded in and for the West. We are not affiliated with any other school.

As far as that article goes i feel it would be nice before stealing a myth if one would check and make sure it isn't actually already in use. I have no idea what they are talking about and we are a part of the myth and legend of Shambhala.

However i'm just a beginner and hardly know anything at all and bound to make mistakes.

Cleaning toilets in Shambhala for someone else? Why? I suppose if you are really into the thing that toilets serve the purpose for go ahead and create it but you're going to be cleaning it up yourself. Why would a siddha bother?

Becoming aware does away with the unconsciousness, subconscious dream and also the illusion of dualism. Shambhala isn't a place to continue that stuff, it's more the end of it. Parallel worlds sounds more like the trap of illusion of life to me. However, to be fully awake one would be Buddha.

But Shambhala is not a place to live parallel opposite lives less you're writing script for a TV series.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shambhala of history and legend from the ZhangZhung-Yungdrung Bon and Olmo Lung-ring.

"Lord Buddha Tonpa Shenrab came with the express purpose of relieving the sufferings of all sentient beings."

According to the Bön religion, about 18,000 years ago Lord Tonpa Shenrab Miwoche (Teacher and Great Man of the Shen Clan/Tribe) was born in the land of Olmo Lungring, a part of a larger country called Tagzig in Central Asia. “Öl” symbolizes the unborn, “mo” the undiminishing; “Lung” denotes the prophetic words of Tonpa Shenrab, the founder of Bon, and “ring”, his everlasting compassion.

Shenlha Odkar personifies one of the three main aspects of Tonpa Shenrab:......Deity (lha) is Shenlha Odkar......Priest (shen) is Tonpa Shenrab.....Creator (srid) is Sangpo Bumpti.....Shenlha Odkar is the deity of Supreme Compassion. Out of his compassion the Bön teachings and practices have grown to assist all sentient beings on the path to liberation. He is the master teacher of all teachers. So that teaching has become his primary activity. Wodkar means "white light" and his natural body is pearlescent, the body of perfection (dzo ku)....."

The Bons history mentions celestial beings now called the Celestial Buddhas and Bodhisattvas. They have been teaching the Dharma for multiples of millions of years across many star systems to differing species of beings. I think from what i've read that Tonpa Shenrab was a celestial Buddha-Bodhisattva in a human form. He sounds very much like Avalokiteśvara.

"In all of the early Bonpo texts Olmo Lung-ring is clearly located to the west and the north of Tibet in Tazig or Central Asia. Moreover, there are two Tazigs, one of a heavenly nature and one quite physical, located in Central Asia.

Olmo Lung-ring was also known as Shambhala in Sanskrit and it continues to be known by this name among Tibetan Buddhists even today. Moreover, it is said that in ancient times it encompassed fully one-third of the known world a statement which could apply to the historical Persian empire.

It is explained that Olmoling is physically part of our world and is not an imaginary holy land nor a celestial pure realm like the Sukhavati or Dewachan (the Pure Lands) of the Buddha Amitabha. Symbolically Olmo Lungring is the geographical, psychic, and spiritual center of our world of Jambudvipa (`dzam-bu`i gling)(the realm where ordinary human beings live.) and at its center rises the holy mountain of nine levels, known as Yungdrung Gutseg (g.yung-drung dgu-brtsegs), which links heaven and earth. It is a kind of axis mundi connecting three planes of existence- the heaven worlds, the earth, and the nether regions. Therefore, Olmo Lungring possesses a different ontological status than ordinary geographical regions and countries. In terms of our own age, it is a hidden land or “beyul” (sbas-yul), inaccessible to all but realized beings or Siddhas.

This land is said to be inhabited by Vidyadharas (rig-`dzin) or holders of esoteric knowledge. It exists on earth, but it is not an ordinary country or nation which could be observed from an orbiting satellite or sighted from a high flying airplane, for it possesses a special reality all its own. It is in this world, but not quite of it. It is part of our physical geographical world because it is located in Tazig, yet it partly exists in another spiritual dimension, and although material, it is in a certain sense imperishable and indestructible.

When, at the end of the kalpa, the world will be destroyed and consumed by fire, Olmo Lungring will spontaneously rise up and ascend into the sky and there it will merge with its celestial archetype in the heavens which is called Sidpa Yesang (srid-pa ye-sangs). Olmo Lungring
(Shambhala) is truly the imperishable sacred land."

Thus the Legend of Shambhala from the Bon of Tibet.

http://bonpo.wordpress.com/who-is-buddha-tonpa/

http://balkhandshambhala.blogspot.co...lung-ring.html