Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 08-11-2010, 01:02 PM
Cherub T

Peoples opinions

Hi everyone, I just wondered about other peoples stories in their beliefs in mediumship and spirituality. What I think I'm trying to say is that when you go down this path how did old friends and family react? I think I've always known something else existed but like many others it's been suppressed so I could fit in better with society. I'm learning a lot of lessons and have decided that I must grow more spiritual and not to be afraid of others opinions. They are entitled to them, however their opinions shouldn't alter mines anymore.

Did people begin to distance themselves making room for others to come into your life? As hard as it is to let people go, sometimes I feel it's a hard lesson that pushes you to move on.

Just wondered how opening up changed your lives?

Cherub x
Old 08-11-2010, 01:10 PM
Gracey

lol.....opinons are like but holes, everyone has one.....take what you like and leave the rest....for me if they speak of experience, that i take.....just a philosophy....i will consider......ignorance, nope.....that i will leave.

as far as mediumship, i dont have expereince in that. dont know if it is true or not. so i just take the message for what it is worth and not focus if it is actually someone who passed over speaking.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:20 PM
earthprowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
lol.....opinons are like but holes, everyone has one.....take what you like and leave the rest....for me if they speak of experience, that i take.....just a philosophy....i will consider......ignorance, nope.....that i will leave.

as far as mediumship, i dont have experience in that. dont know if it is true or not. so i just take the message for what it is worth and not focus if it is actually someone who passed over speaking.

curious, if you have had a reading by a medium and you're not sure of the messages you are getting......exactly who are they calling for you? i myself only call forward people that the sitter would have known so they would recognize the messages they receive. two rules of thumb: don't feed the medium and don't try to talk to someone you didn't know in life.

i have a sister that will call me for almost anything, "can you give this person a reading, who's in my house, ect..... but my immediate family, kids and hubby really aren't interested in any of it.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:23 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthprowler
curious, if you have had a reading by a medium and you're not sure of the messages you are getting......exactly who are they calling for you? i myself only call forward people that the sitter would have known so they would recognize the messages they receive. two rules of thumb: don't feed the medium and don't try to talk to someone you didn't know in life.

i have a sister that will call me for almost anything, "can you give this person a reading, who's in my house, ect..... but my immediate family, kids and hubby really aren't interested in any of it.

o , i dont get readings, i was referring to the medium messages on here to the general public.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:34 PM
SilverWillow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherub T
Hi everyone, I just wondered about other peoples stories in their beliefs in mediumship and spirituality. What I think I'm trying to say is that when you go down this path how did old friends and family react? I think I've always known something else existed but like many others it's been suppressed so I could fit in better with society. I'm learning a lot of lessons and have decided that I must grow more spiritual and not to be afraid of others opinions. They are entitled to them, however their opinions shouldn't alter mines anymore.

Did people begin to distance themselves making room for others to come into your life? As hard as it is to let people go, sometimes I feel it's a hard lesson that pushes you to move on.

Cherub x

Hi

I was 15 and still living with my mum, dad and two sisters when Is tarted to open up to spirit. I was lucky because they accepted it, as my grandma is also a medium and I had her to talk to. Nobody tried to stop me until I met my (now ex) boyfriend. He didn't like it and I stupidly got rid of all my books and stopped attending circles, even dropped out of the development circle at church I had been working a year to get into! I thought i'd got rid of my mind,body, spirit collection but my mum had just hidden them, knowing i'd want them back at some point - which I did.

As for my friends they are all brilliant, nobody has distanced themselves or disapproved of me, they've been interested if anything. Of course there are some people I would just never tell, like people at work. They don't need to know and I don't need the hassle.

You must go the way you feel is right for you, nobody should stop you being true to yourself and learning about something you're interested in. True friends will always be there no matter what. xx
Old 10-11-2010, 07:32 PM
Master
Quote:

Cherub x

Hello,

I was 10 when I realized how different I was from my family. Most of my life has been spent being true to myself and integrating that with those around me.

A really big change in that process started to unfold about 21 years ago. I started to invest more of myself into trusting my insights. I discovered many things about me that I was previously not interested in learning about. It was a realization for this time of change that humanity finds itself in.

I have a profound respect for all ways of being. The value of each person life is know to me. We are, each and every one of us, a divine reflection of love. I find that this is a very unpopular point of view. The concepts of good and evil are not the same as informed and innocent.

I am still quite aware that most people do not wish to understand these things. I also appreciate that this is frequently the wish of our God/Goddess. We are all involved in energy work as equally divine reflections of love. Our roles may be different but we are not. We are all unique aspects of God. This is an awareness that goes far beyond conventional wisdom. It was also the teaching of Jesus some 2,000 years ago.

That is how opening up changed my life.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 10-11-2010, 08:27 PM
mac

Quote:

Cherub x

With reference to the first line of your piece, how you approach matters is, of course, totally your choice but may I suggest something?

Rather than listen to: ".....other peoples stories in their beliefs in mediumship" (this is the 'Mediumship' forum after all) why not listen to those who have experience with, and understanding about, it?

If you want to learn about something, whatever the subject, isn't someone who knows about a subject better than someone who doesn't know?

Last edited by mac : 14-11-2010 at 09:43 AM.
Old 14-11-2010, 07:40 AM
deepsea

I totally agree. Seek out those who have the experience and knowledge you can rely on,not 'assumptions' only.
Good luck.
Deepsea.
Old 14-11-2010, 07:51 AM
Master
I think if we go around advertising ourselves we attract this so called negativity to our self, so its best not to throw our pearls among swine, for it will only be trodden upon.
Old 14-11-2010, 09:44 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
I think if we go around advertising ourselves we attract this so called negativity to our self, so its best not to throw our pearls among swine, for it will only be trodden upon.

I don't understand this..