Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 11-11-2013, 10:19 PM
Zia

Smile Quick question :)

Hi,
I just had a one quick question about astral projection.
When I am astral projecting and I am few feet up in the air what should I concentrate on. Because I keep on falling down into my body. I have tried to shift my concentration on astral body, but same result. I have tried to concentrate on my breathing and nothing else and same result. I try to be calm, no excitement or fear or anything like that. Is there anything I can do to make this work.
Thank you.
Sincerely,
Zia :)
Old 12-11-2013, 04:43 AM
Master

This may or may not be you. You just have to know that you can fly. You have to be confident and know you can do it. Next time, keep saying I can fly, I can do it. You have to forget about your body. Just think of what you are doing. Any thoughts or reminders of your body will zap you back into yourself again. You have to forget your physical life completely that includes breathing.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:44 PM
simcau

I'm not sure if what I experience is the same thing, but when I do meditations and start to "leave", I feel like I bounce back to my body. Someone else on this site described it like an elastic band snapping you back, and I thought that was a great way of putting it.

While I don't have much experience, since I've only ever tried meditating/projecting fewer than 12 times, what I found helps me escape that bouncing back is once I'm out, I imagine a doorway (making it appear) and go through it. I don't think about what's on the other side of the doorway, unless I have somewhere specific in mind that I want to go. Once I step through, the bouncing back stops and I find myself in some other place.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:58 PM
Zia

Smile

Hi,
Thank you for your replies :)
So, what you are telling me is that I should just forget about everything I am doing at that moment including concentrating on the thing that got me to the point of separation which is breathing. Just be empty or nothing like you are dead. I am right.
Simcau, nothing pulls me back, but I just slowly come back down and it is so frustrating. I just can't get over this stage. It has been months and I keep on experimenting over and over and nothing works, so I will use you way and astral suzy and I hope I can get this stage right.
Thank you guys :)
Zia :)
Old 13-11-2013, 08:03 AM
Master

When you are in the astral you have to forget about breathing because that is a reminder of your physical body. Anything that reminds you of your body is likely to end the ap experience. When you are in the astral you can think of anything you like. Be careful what you think of as it is likely to happen. I just look around and notice things. I think which way should I go to etc.
Before you astral project there is nothing wrong with concentrating on breathing. That is what I do. It helps me to stay awake and ap. I have learnt that my way may not be right for a lot of people. Do what works for you. I am not suggesting that you should be empty like you are dead. The mind has to stay calm and relaxed. You can do an ap technique. It works when the time is right for you to ap.
Old 13-11-2013, 09:55 PM
Zia

Smile

Hi astralsuzy,
I think I know what you mean. I guess I was confusing myself, but It is clear what my mistake is. I think too much and I confuse myself and I can't project.
Thank you for clearing that up for me. I really appreciate it :)
Sincerely,
zia :)
Old 13-11-2013, 11:18 PM
CNC

Concentrating on breathing used to really mess me up while OOB. I would start feeling like I was choking/etc, basically because my psyhsical body was already breathing involuntarly. The chaos would usually cause me to lose my projection. It was a very similar feeling to sleep paralysis if you have ever experienced that. It doesn't happen very often any more as I know to just ignore thoughts of breathing but when it does I try to quickly, almost impulsively do something else like fly or talk or any number of things. The rush of flying will make you forget just about anything :)