Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 12-09-2013, 05:33 AM
Experiencer
mirror watching..opening 6th chakra...

Hello all. I have been reading up on meditation techniques and opening your third eye chakra & activating the pineal gland. I read that "mirror watching" is a good exercise to achieve this..so tonight, I gazed at myself in the mirror for a few minutes & had an interesting experience. I felt like there was someone there, more like an alarming way, my focus directed me toward the room around & behind me, you know how you can edit photos & put them in black & white, sepia or negative(everything seeming the opposite color of what it really is, almost looks like thermal energy or something?) Well, the pictures hanging on the walls in the bedroom were flashing in this "negative" or abstract colors (i don't know how to really explain it?) & I focused on the middle of my forhead again & noticed that my face started to change & distort itself, it looked so freaky & weird...it was alarming, but at the same time I did not feel fearful & I noticed this huge glowing white-ish aura pulsating from beyond my head & shoulders, & there were just flashes of colors everywhere..this all happened in a matter of seconds until I re-focused & ended the exercise. After I ended the exercise, my head felt extremely light, almost like the feeling of standing up too fast, or I guess I don't really know how to explain it..
What the heck just happened to me????
Old 12-09-2013, 05:37 AM
Experiencer
I forgot to mention that as all this was happening, I noticed that the overall reflection in the mirror appeared foggy..it would fog & then un-fog as everything was distorting itself..
Old 12-09-2013, 05:46 AM
MadamStar

I also meditate in front of the mirror, and that was one of the most effective ways for me in the beginning. This was one of the first forms of meditation that allowed me to actually induce a relaxed state and begin to 'see things'. It's pretty normal to see your own face shift into other peoples faces or to see your own aura glowing. Perhaps these people are doing the same thing you are at that very moment? That is what I've always thought. Anyway, the mirror is the best way for me to 'space out' and reach that relaxed state. Try to label all thoughts as just that--thoughts and place them aside. That is the best way to avoid feeling frightened.

I think that staring at where the third eye is the best way to induce the effects. This ensures that you are looking between both the right and left eyes equally. So you may have seen your own aura in meditative state. Then the flashing colors (I used to get purple, green, blue all sorts of stuff) I think refers to the energy being channeled to certain chakras. At least that is what I found online when I looked into it. Hope this was somewhat helpful.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:47 AM
Experiencer
my shifted face looked/felt scary. It was grotesque..shifted into a dead woman whom I didn't recognize as myself anymore. Felt anxious & I am unsure if it was evil or not, or what it even was to begin with..if someone could shed some light on this that would be amazing..
Old 12-09-2013, 05:49 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadamStar
I also meditate in front of the mirror, and that was one of the most effective ways for me in the beginning. This was one of the first forms of meditation that allowed me to actually induce a relaxed state and begin to 'see things'. It's pretty normal to see your own face shift into other peoples faces or to see your own aura glowing. Perhaps these people are doing the same thing you are at that very moment? That is what I've always thought. Anyway, the mirror is the best way for me to 'space out' and reach that relaxed state. Try to label all thoughts as just that--thoughts and place them aside. That is the best way to avoid feeling frightened.

I think that staring at where the third eye is the best way to induce the effects. This ensures that you are looking between both the right and left eyes equally. So you may have seen your own aura in meditative state. Then the flashing colors (I used to get purple, green, blue all sorts of stuff) I think refers to the energy being channeled to certain chakras. At least that is what I found online when I looked into it. Hope this was somewhat helpful.
thank you..that did help a lot. I am still trying to understand it all better..i am just glad I found a meditation method that actually works for me. This is really my first big experience I have had with it..
Old 12-09-2013, 06:26 AM
Experiencer
Also, I noticed that my eyes, my the color of my iris was changing, flashing from normal blue-green, to a bright green, just pulsating in & out like that..
Old 12-09-2013, 06:46 AM
Experiencer
Well ive read a bit about this technique..

I believe it randomly connects one with a past life shell, and I've read that if you would keep up doing this excercise.. you would see alot of lives flashing by. Good and evil looking faces, at the end the image would dissapear and you would see just clear space as you stared into the mirror.

It also was suggested that this is excerise is very powerful and shouldnt be attempted more then five minutes daily at the start.

Good luck and god bless you.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:15 AM
Knower
I've never heard of this technique. Does anyone have a good link for more information?
Old 12-09-2013, 07:19 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKindOfLullaby
I've never heard of this technique. Does anyone have a good link for more information?

http://kundalini-teacher.com/meditations/mirror.php

hope that helps...i originally found it on this site though..quite a long read but very informative..
http://www.dnaalchemy.com/Opening_The_Third_Eye.html
Old 12-09-2013, 12:05 PM
Free_Spirit1983

Reminds me of left eye - left eye tracking we did back in shaman "boot camp" lol..

Sat in front of another person, they acted as your mirror.. Then we did certain right brain breathing techniques to get us into right brain consciousness, and gazed left eye to left eye.. The results were amazing, you'd see the face morph, dissolve and change shape, sometimes the whole face would disappear apart from the eye..

We were looking for that one face that hadn't been seen, the missing piece of the puzzle for our next healing task and it was an awesome experience on the whole..

I ended up seeing an old man, tanned skin, foreign looking, his face turned to stone (literally).. this ended up making a lot of sense after a later revelation..

Anyway I think if you did this on your own with a mirror you'd probably get some interesting results! Might try it!!