Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 11-08-2013, 03:45 PM
noxoid

Why have I forgotten?

It is a question that is occurs to me often when I meditate. It seems very important in answering and I think it is a lesson I had difficulty understanding in the distant past.

Why do we forget our past lives and struggle to remember then again? I have so many memories that don't seem to be mine, but I could not possibly connect them to one past live as opposed to another.

I once read a book and the final chapter opened the revelation; we share all past lives, for all things are extensions to our own being.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:32 PM
Master
Why bring old rubbish into a new life, and also why would you want to drag the old past behind you, life is forever flowing, its not stagnat, its refreshing.
Old 12-08-2013, 02:44 AM
livingkarma

Some people struggle to understand their instincts --- why they feel or think the way they do causing them to leap into things while others find themselves highly cautious ...
Hence one side of the spectrum to the other w/rarely anything in between ...
Could be old lessons from a previous life that prevent engaging in re-experiencing what has already been learned are not good or possibly completing the task ...
One thing is for certain it is to start life anew ...
Old 15-08-2013, 01:08 AM
paradigm13

We're probably not supposed to remember for reasons unknown. If your "all knowing" on the other side it makes it hard to learn new things I am sure..

but then makes you wonder if your all knowing there what more do you need to know!

It's one big awesome mystery! and it makes me happy.
Old 15-08-2013, 03:55 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxoid
It is a question that is occurs to me often when I meditate. It seems very important in answering and I think it is a lesson I had difficulty understanding in the distant past.

Why do we forget our past lives and struggle to remember then again? I have so many memories that don't seem to be mine, but I could not possibly connect them to one past live as opposed to another.

I once read a book and the final chapter opened the revelation; we share all past lives, for all things are extensions to our own being.

Very wisely said, you need a fresh start as slice has said. You don't remember because we need a fresh-start and also how, is from your new (different) perspective. Carrying the same remembered thought would not allow you to advance as quickly.

Remembering would mean extending karma over many more lifetimes. It is not the best way but not remembering is the easiest and quickest way to advance. Don't forget, karma is how the soul grows.
Old 17-08-2013, 07:56 PM
Master
i don't think memories can be taken past death. death is psychological as well as physical. memories and thinking is part of being in a human body with a brain, when that ends so do it's functions. you don't "think" in spirit. although i do believe that all that happens may be recorded in the akashic record.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 20-08-2013, 10:30 AM
Master
We have multiple body's...ie etheric body, spirit body, mental body and so on. I have run into a few people who carry past life trauma forward through the etheric body into the current lifetime. It's super complicated stuff to try and heal and help with, because it causes irrational behavior and thought patterns in the current life with no 'apparent' origin. I've no idea what the purpose of it being brought foreward into another life is, but in some cases but it certainly does seem to be part of some peoples expereince for whatever learning lesson.

Bottom line is we all get a hand of cards to play in this life, even if one of those cards in our hand is a card we had before in another game, we still have to make the best play we can with the cards we have.
From that point of view it doesn't matter where the cards came from, you're still in the game and it's your turn to line up the cards and play the hand. It doesn't matter that you had that Jack of Clubs three hands ago and that you put it with another Jack to make a pair, or that in yet another hand it didn't match anything and was points counted againt your score at the end of the round. THIS hand it matches up with a 10 of Clubs and a Queen and King of Clubs....

In otherwards, don't focas on the WHY you are holding the cards you have, instead focas on how and in what order your are going to line them up for your turn. Where the deck came from doesn't matter - only the moment of Now and what you have in your hand this round matters.
Cheers!
Old 20-08-2013, 11:09 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxoid

Past Lives are an extension of our own being. Think about who we are - father/mother, daughter/son, parent..... all aspects of ourselves. Ramp that up a few dimensions and you have Past Lives, in one you are a father/mother and in another you become daughter/son.

And you can't solve a problem when you are a problem or when you are in that problem. So in a Past Life you have this problem, a bad experience. You are the problem because it's your experience, you are having or are in the experience causing the problem. In this Life, you're no longer having that experience, it's the experience and problem of a Past Life and not the one you're in now.