Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 16-07-2013, 09:50 AM
Experiencer
Karma and neighbours

Hello

I was wondering if there was any particular reason as to why our neighbours are our neighbours - since everything happens for a reason so this must be destiny and karma.

why are they there specifically, what lesson do we have to learn from them if any or are they supposed to learn from us - idk.

Just wondering if anyone had any specific insight on this.

Ciao
Old 16-07-2013, 11:37 AM
Time

i find the situations liek that we get mad at, the people usually have a trait you desire, or have traits you dilike about yourself. They can be quit eenlightening
Old 17-07-2013, 02:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterious
Hello

I was wondering if there was any particular reason as to why our neighbours are our neighbours - since everything happens for a reason so this must be destiny and karma.

why are they there specifically, what lesson do we have to learn from them if any or are they supposed to learn from us - idk.

Just wondering if anyone had any specific insight on this.

Ciao

mysterious - I don't know about karma in relations to neighbors, but can say that the closer I have lived to neighbors, the more I have learned through the years to keep to myself and just do the nice wave, but never get personal. I use to live in close neighborhood setting and I put wine, cheese and crackers on one neighbor's steps and they never acknowledged me, said thank you, wave, nothing. I felt a little foolish. So I tried my niceness one more time, only the second time I was taken advantage of for babysitting many times a week at their last minute call without warning. I had a family of my own and couldn't drop everything to go sit for their infant. When I said I could no longer help out, they turned raging crazy at me and my family, placing burning objects in our yard, screaming at us, the list really goes on and on (won't bore you). That's why I have a new policy and that's to just give a gentle wave of the hand to any new neighbors and keep to myself. There is just something about people living in close proximity to one another with completely different backgrounds that makes for an explosive situation.

Blackraven
Old 17-07-2013, 04:31 AM
Master
A few months ago I got pretty wrapped up around what Monsanto was doing to our food, all the genetic engineering, false labeling and driving small farmers out....

The house next to us sold, met the new neighbors and the man is fairly high up in ....of all things Monsanto. My jaw didn't nearly hit the floor - it nearly fell off my face!

I swear i manifested that somehow....just cause I had so much negative energy and focus on Monsanto.
Old 17-07-2013, 02:16 PM
Master

It makes me laugh as well ... in a very hollow way.

My new neighbours are somewhat noisey. I've always been lucky up to now with mostly quiet neighbours, the odd party but nothing extreme.

My house is terrace and back to back, but I never heard anything, babies, parties until these guys. The noise they have goes right through me.

I've adjusted so now when the music goes on with the thudding, I trot round and ask them to be quiet. They don't need it on so loud to hear it. It's the sort of club-esque loudness ...

I used not to say boo to a goose but now I'm comfortable in confrontation.

But I do prefer like Blackraven and to keep my distance.
Old 17-07-2013, 05:56 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
mysterious - I don't know about karma in relations to neighbors, but can say that the closer I have lived to neighbors, the more I have learned through the years to keep to myself and just do the nice wave, but never get personal. I use to live in close neighborhood setting and I put wine, cheese and crackers on one neighbor's steps and they never acknowledged me, said thank you, wave, nothing. I felt a little foolish. So I tried my niceness one more time, only the second time I was taken advantage of for babysitting many times a week at their last minute call without warning. I had a family of my own and couldn't drop everything to go sit for their infant. When I said I could no longer help out, they turned raging crazy at me and my family, placing burning objects in our yard, screaming at us, the list really goes on and on (won't bore you). That's why I have a new policy and that's to just give a gentle wave of the hand to any new neighbors and keep to myself. There is just something about people living in close proximity to one another with completely different backgrounds that makes for an explosive situation.

Blackraven

Yes I totally agree, thats whats best.

You shouldn't get to close to your neighbours as a general rule - its bound to go wrong somewhere lol.
Old 17-07-2013, 06:53 PM
Master
My grandparents had a feud with a neighbor for over 30 years. The lawsuits never went to trial and eventually both families moved, houses torn down, new roads built. We've moved several times and we've had much better luck with new neighbors. We are closer to some than others but overall, it's amicable. With the neighbors we are not fond of, we'll do the wave and smile thing and not get involved with them. With the close ones, we attend their annual Super Bowl Parties, etc. What I really miss growing up is the wonderful neighbors we befriended and left behind. There were a couple of families that I remember fondly. One we were always exchanging foods and hugs. The other would always watch over our home and we had nice chats.
Old 17-07-2013, 08:58 PM
Experiencer
Thanks for the replies but no one is really answering the question.

I think I know the answer to this anyway now from reading Berry's reply.

Thanks all.
Old 18-07-2013, 04:29 AM
Master

mysterious, I would say from a karmic perspective, everyone is in your life for a reason. Workplace, shops, and so on.

Sometimes the karma is a collective, for example a bunch of strangers on public transport, or in a shop say where the connection is very faint and transient but it's all important. It's all one big lesson.
Old 18-07-2013, 06:03 AM
Guide

I don't personally feel that there has to be an intentional reason for every event and circumstance that exists in this world. We all have neighbours, whether they be in the same building, the next house in the suburb, or 5 miles away from the country. They are just people like you and me, going through their own individual lives, who we have to share this physical world with. They need a place to live, like everyone else, and happened to come either before or after our settlement.

The relationships we build with them, either consciously or unconsciously, has only to do with our individual perception of them. Some people may simply just be intolerant to live close to other people, and begin to observe everything about the environment that irritates them. They may be grumpy or depressed people who suffer from emotional imbalances due to e.g. work stress, hating their job, trust issues, etc. who simply tend to lash out their irritations on the environment. We may run into them when they're in a bad mood, and just by that we may have instantly created a negative impression of them, which could set the basis for the rest of the relationship. Or it could be that we are the one's in the position of irritated, noticing certain quirks about our neighbour that we project our irritation towards. In either case, we begin to focus on how we dislike them, and now we primarily see but the negative aspecs of them, because we, by default, allowed the mind to view them through that particular filter.

The only thing there ever is to learn in this mind consciousness creation of existence is how to let go of resistance to source, by deliberately selecting thoughts to focus upon that are in alignment with the source perspective; to allow our source connection to flow more freely through us, aligning us more with who we really are, as our true expression of love and joy. And that is entirely optional, as well, because there are no requirements or purposes to being here, from a source perspective. This place simply is what it is. But we can and are doing something to make it better, by simply saying nay to that which is of the mind, and yay to our inspired purposes of love that emerge as our dreams from our hearts.

There really is no karma but the patterns of harmful thoughts that we have either allowed - through ignorance, lack of awareness, or on behalf of self-destructive filters - or had superimposed upon us, through genetics or conditioning - and how the vibrations of our emotional response to these become integrated within us, attracting events and circumstances that are a match to the vibrations. And even then there is still the possibility of random factors, like being affected by natural forces or the ripples of some huge event.

Anything else is usually an excuse to make sense of why god apparently would allow bad things to happen, when really our lives are actually in our own hands. Still, source is always accessible for those who ask for assistance, even though this creation per se can easily make it appear to look otherwise...and I express my compassion for those of us who may have felt left behind in that sense.