Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 18-06-2013, 09:42 PM
violetlines

How to get the best out of a reading.

I've been thinking about having a reading but I'm not sure really. I've only had 2 readings and I think they were just bull. They were in a new age shop but personally don't believe a word of it. Ofc I went in there with a completely open mind but I think they took advantage of how open I was. They kept on asking me all these questions and it was obvious it was a cold reading (even though I didn't know it at the time). The first thing they would ask is "why are you here?" which I think if they were good enough they wouldn't need to that. I noticed that with my problems they gave me life advice, I could of got life advice from anywhere I wanted spiritual insight. Also I think they think it's easy to take advantage of me because I'm a female and look young for my age so they must think I'm quite impressionable and vulnerable and easy to manipulate. Which is why I'm put off by having another reading because they've already made my mind up about me before I've walked in the door. They always say things like "yes I can see you getting married and having kids" which is so far away how can you predict that? Anything could happen. It's just exactly what a young girl wants to hear so they tell me it.

Yes that sounded ranty but that was my previous experience. I would so like to go again but I don't want to chuck money down the drain. So what are your tips on getting a great reading and getting the most from it? What kind of things do you ask in a reading? How do you know if a reader is going to be properly legit?

Old 21-06-2013, 07:30 AM
primrose

I was forunate at the time I used to go. This guy could literally read my mind.
Without any questions he'd give me answers to what I was thinking. I could name someone I knew and he'd describe them to me. It's been years since I've had a reading, I'm sorry you were disappointed, the best way to find a good one is through word of mouth, ask around, A reader should'nt ask any questions other then to confirm something they've told you.
Old 21-06-2013, 08:54 AM
Guide

I think it might be a game of hit or miss in a situation like that, but I would foremost suggest that is has to do with your vibration about the subject. In other words, you might have had a preconceived idea of what a psychic reader is like, which resulted in an experience that was a vibrational match to that, which then reinforced your idea of the subject.

If you can see where this is going, chances are that a third reading might be just as dissatisfying for you, because you now have become a vibrational match to that experience.

What I would suggest at this point, though, is that you find a way to clear your present perception of the subject, so that you are left with neutrality. You might want to look into a video on YouTube titled "The Pulse Technique" by Deb Cummings, which is a recorded energy clearing transmission.

When you eventually reach a point of feeling more neutral about the subject, it will be much easier for you to redefine your vibration of what an ideal reading feels like to you.

Also, for all you know, the place you went to previously could have been a host of mere phonies. You just might discover something much better once you have retuned your vibration.

Just give it a little patience and allow yourself to follow the impulses of your heart.
Old 28-06-2013, 11:11 PM
violetlines

Well thank you but I didn't go in with any preconcieved ideas. I thought it would be good. But it wasn't and fundamentally **. I want to go again but I just can't bring myself to. I look relaly young for my age and I think they try to take advantage of my naivete.
Old 29-06-2013, 01:52 AM
Administrator
Hello

As a reader I can honestly say I am not pleased at times with the ethics some readers have. Some read body language only and go from there. At times one knows right off if the person doing the reading for them is a good match to them, but we fail to feel that or react to what we feel.

Like all things there are good readers and not so good readers and at times there are cases where we block the flow when getting a reading.

If one would like me to do a reading for ye let me know. I work on three levels Medium/Psychic and Reiki Master so I can draw on all levels when doing a reading.

Lynn