Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 10-04-2013, 12:12 AM
Master
The Law of Attraction or The Law of Permission?

Today I am pondering the "Law of Attraction'. If we are not manifesting the life we want, perhaps it is not because we have an inability to attract the things we desire, but that it is a question of ALLOWING ourselves to have them once we have drawn them to us. Certainly the Universe is not stopping anyone from having the things they want. Spirit wants us to have all the abundance and love and good health or whatever we desire.

Are we perhaps not permitting ourselves - be it through some negative thought patterns of unworthiness or unattractiveness or unlovability or other self-limiting beliefs that were projected onto us when we were younger, or maybe even from a pseudo-religious point of view where we are taught that sacrifice is 'holy' and we mustn't chase after money or other material possessions since they are evil or corrupting? Or whatever...do you really feel you deserve what you are asking for?

By examining if we allow ourselves to attract good people, good health, good money/possessions, and good experiences, we might just break through the barrier that is keeping us from having everything that we truly desire in life.

Or else we may just not be sure of what we want - indecision and uncertainty are just another way we put off having everything we want. Because the things we want might not be the things our authentic selves really need to prosper...

We could be the greatest creators in the universe but if we are not allowing ourselves or not being clear what our desires, then it's no wonder they haven't manifested.

Old 10-04-2013, 12:17 AM
amy green

Interesting. When there is low self esteem, I feel that self sabotage could well be an issue here. Also timing. Perhaps asking for something before really ready to have it would create obstacles. Such hindrances would require close self reflection/observation to uncover what the causes could be.

Old 10-04-2013, 08:17 PM
Anewfran

Yes defiantly. I currently find it hard to manifest things especially on a big nature because of my years of negative thinking. I'm breaking out of it slowly, but because of these negative patterns and lack of self confidence, always even though I don't mean to when I concentrate on something a "what if" or "but" some kind of opposing view will annoyingly pop up.

But it can be worked on
Old 11-04-2013, 04:00 PM
Eudaimonist

Personally, I just think of it as the Law of Attitude. Change your attitude, and you'll change your behavior. Attitude determines altitude.

A change in attitude will make one more open to new values, and so I agree with the idea that this causes us to "allow" new values into our lives.

eudaimonia,

Mark
Old 11-04-2013, 05:03 PM
missrachel300

I know I'm going to be popping bubbles... but, imo, I don't believe the Law of Attraction will bring you anything you desire and want, we are still humans in this 'real' world. We are not that powerful. I've expected great outcomes and gotten horrible ones, and I've expected bad outcomes and gotten fantastic ones. Life can be really unpredictable.

Attitude is very important. Having a good attitude will give you the ability to recognize and appreciate all the blessings in our lives and show us opportunities to exercise our best potential.

I believe we are attracted to certain things and can pull certain things to us at times.... birds of a feather tend to flock together. We also have personal lessons to learn which are not always done in joyous or enjoyable ways. Sometimes growth is painful.

I do believe that if we stay focused, positive, grounded, use our inner guidance, and do the necessary work, we will eventually be guided to the things that we need.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:18 PM
Master
I agree with you captain, I would add that the other factor which massively affects our lives is karma. Sometimes there is karma to be paid and we will have to accept it.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:14 PM
Master
So Missrachel300, you do not believe you are the creator of your own life from your own choices and decisions? Do you believe you are at the mercy of random fate, then?
Old 11-04-2013, 08:40 PM
missrachel300

Quote:
Originally Posted by the captain
So Missrachel300, you do not believe you are the creator of your own life from your own choices and decisions? Do you believe you are at the mercy of random fate, then?

I don't believe we are simply at the mercy of our fate. But I do believe in fated events and situations. I feel there are many varied and complicated factors that shape 'reality'. I think we can only do so much to create our lives. We can be co-creators with our souls and with others. We can infuse our environments with our beliefs, but I feel that there are many things in 'reality' we are not in control of, or aware of.

We can weave webs. But we can not control the wind or the storms... to put it in an abstract manner. lol.

Hope that makes more sense. Sometimes I see these beliefs in their radical forms that end up hurting people... Like causing people anxiety over why they aren't manifesting, they may think 'there must be something 'wrong' with me'... or, there is something wrong with those other people that bad things happen to.

Sometimes its important to surrender to the natural flow in the river of life.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:45 PM
missrachel300

Whoa! I just re-read my original post.. I meant to write 'everything'... not 'anything'!

Typo!

Quote:
I don't believe the Law of Attraction will bring you everything you desire and want

w t f brain! lol.